Hero Spotlight: Marrow

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited October 19 in Hero Spotlights
rdrs185e4udw.png

Background:
As long as anyone has known, there was tale of a pool of water, hidden deep within a dark forest, that contained a glimmer of light within it's dark depths. Many explorers have ventured below the surface to chase the light, but none have ever returned...

Most Hated Hero:
Shadowblade – He never seems willing to step into the Light.

Element: Light: +30% bonus against DARK enemies.

Tags: Caster Monster
Speed: Normal

Traits:
  • MYSTICAL – Boosted damage vs. Tanks and Slow targets.
  • MONSTER SCOUT – Increases Skill by 15% for all Monster allies.
  • ELECTRIC FEEL – Chance to shock melee attackers and chance to shock on attack.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • LURE – Melee Light attack on target enemy. Consumes all buffs and Paralyzes them for 3 turns. Gains Energy and heals for each buff purged. (Paralysis: Chance to lose turn and take damage.)

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Fire Evo Larva: 15
  • Light Evo Monarch: 40
  • Water Evo: 20
  • Caveborn Evo: 4

New Trait!
  • MYSTICAL II – Boosted damage vs. Tanks and Slow targets.
  • MONSTER SCOUT II – Increases Skill by 20% for all Monster allies.
  • SLIPPERY WHEN WET – Starts the dungeon with taunt on the highest health Tank. Takes reduced damage from Area of Effect.

New Ability!
  • LIGHT NOVA – Ranged Light attack on all enemies. Gives allies a chance to shock on all attacks for 3 turns.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo: 45
  • Water Evo Monarch: 30
  • Jewelled Evo: 8
  • Astral Evo: 2

New Trait!
  • MYSTICAL III – Boosted damage vs. Tanks and Slow targets.
  • MONSTER SCOUT III – Increases Skill by 25% for all Monster allies.
  • UNNATURAL FEAR – Immune to fear and chance to fear beasts on attack.
  • NEGATIVELY CHARGED – Any character dealing damage to this hero loses energy. Allies can’t be slowed.

New Ability!
  • INVIGORATE – Fully energize an ally and add to their CRIT for 3 turns.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• He's so CUTE! I just want to snuggle him!

Now don't get jealous Hopper.....

Really...I still love you to Hopper.....

ARRRRGGGGGG............
  • Free rune unequip, please? @Joel
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Sockless wrote: »
    He's so CUTE! I just want to snuggle him!

I'll admit this was not what I expected the first comment to be.
  • Joel wrote: »

Just like the Spanish Inquisition! Never expected! ;-p
  • Will this hero ever be made available in the Heroic portal?
  • He is cute! He looks like a little pit bull. :-)
  • How does paralyze work? And what’s the speed on this new hero please?
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »

I didn't expect the first blue response to be this
  • jarubut wrote: »
    How does paralyze work? And what’s the speed on this new hero please?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

He's a medium speed hero isn't he?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    If they don't have the slow or fast tag, they're normal speed. :)
    Paralysis: Chance to lose turn and take damage. The debuff has an icon that you can find on enemies that have been paralyzed.
  • Yay for Marrow's abilities. Boo on the name. Doesn't really work. Oh well...
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Yay for Marrow's abilities. Boo on the name. Doesn't really work. Oh well...

I'm with you, not sure how the name came up.

Maybe they mixed Marrow with Minnow?

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I like the name Marrow. It's not like the other heroes who have really predictable names. Fire bird? Solaris. Wow. Plant Caster? Lilly, hey that's a flower! Yet Marrow has no connection to electricity whatsoever. It's refreshing, actually.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Maybe they were thinking he's cute, but he'll gnaw your bones and eat the marrow?
  • erm. just found this:
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/fish/group/anglerfish/

marrow is supposed to be female?
  • Why is he easy to get if he is a new hero?
  • Man i dont think ive ever hated a new hero this much. Hes clearly useless since he just dies to shade every time and doesnt contribute all that much anyway. And yet if i dont purchase his tokens i feel like im hurting my guild since bi depends on his stars.

If were going to make bi score depend on some random and useless hero can we pick like sifu next time? Someone most people have 6*ed already at least.
    centralcommand
    Man i dont think ive ever hated a new hero this much. Hes clearly useless since he just dies to shade every time and doesnt contribute all that much anyway. And yet if i dont purchase his tokens i feel like im hurting my guild since bi depends on his stars.

If were going to make bi score depend on some random and useless hero can we pick like sifu next time? Someone most people have 6*ed already at least.

Dunno what you're talking about... Dude is nuts. Star him up and have some halfway decent runes on him and his damage is insane. Of course he can't take a hit, but he's a Caster so that's to be expected.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited October 21
    Thank god Shade has to attack the auto-taunting tank that accompanied him instead of one shotting the light low health/defense hero that he has the elemental advantage against.

Did you even read what CentralCommand posted?
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Thank god Shade has to attack the auto-taunting tank that accompanied him instead of one shotting the light low health/defense hero that he has the elemental advantage against.

But shade ignores taunt though.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

But shade ignores taunt though.

The internet is a beautiful place.
    FatCat69 wrote: »

Did you even read what CentralCommand posted?

I did. But I don't see his point. He sucks because he's a Light hero who gets 1-shot by Shade...? That's... that's every Light hero.
  • Mk doesn't. Leo also. Definitely not bauble. I like him though. I imagine him to be a the league of kreel. Just kind of another niche hero.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • I think he can only be used against teams without an opening shade or shadowblade. However, against those teams, I think a team with Marrow, Ekko, and Shade, or Marrow Koros Hopper Igorok could actually do good. Not the Solaris-killing hero we need ;)
  • Marrow is great, I just hoped he could've healed the team some way. The (actually) good Monster team can't heal team (I'm not talking about the trash Phenol), the only people who can heal is IGOROK, Koros, Hopper, and Phenol. I loathe Phenol. Where's the team heals though? We need that.
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 60 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
  • Technically Marrow can self heal with Lure, but not much and only if the opponent has buffs. A monster healer would make the team actually pretty good.
  • NobodyPi wrote: »
    Technically Marrow can self heal with Lure, but not much and only if the opponent has buffs. A monster healer would make the team actually pretty good.

I forgot about that maggot named Marrow! Thanks for reminding me that Lure heals lol.
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 60 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
    I think the Monsters shouldn’t have a Healer. Not every team should have a Healer. Rather, the should all be able to self-heal. All the monsters except Phemus can self heal. Maybe make Phemus able to self-heal somehow, increase Phenol’s Jiggle healing, and increase Marrow’s Lure healing. Then they wouldn’t even need a Healer.
  • IGOROK and Marrow would really need better methods of healing. Lure only heals if the opponent has buffs, so it is very situational, and IGOROK's only works if he attacks a frozen enemy, which means they didn't already die. Maybe Phenol's Taunt should add regen to all monsters?