Undead Hero & Masuta Kira Changes! So Spooky!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited October 30 in General Discussion
Lord Zomm has discovered forbidden magic that has made he and his Undead friends stronger than ever! The following changes are being made, effective today:

ALL Undead Heroes now have the Soulless Scourge passive, which makes them immune to Poison, Venom, Wound, and Disease. In addition, they lifesteal 25% of all damage dealt.

The following Undead heroes have additional changes:

Lord Zomm:
  • +ATK, -DEF, -HP, -SKL
  • Zomm is now a Caster.
  • Zomm no longer has the Welcomed Fever, Magical, Undead Heart, Lethargy, or Feeding on the Living Passives.
  • Zomm now has the From the Grave passive, which summons a Zomminion (a Slow, Dark, Undead skeleton) if you have a dead ally at the start of Zomm's turn. With each ascension, the number of Zomminions that can be summoned each turn increases by one.
  • Zomm now has the Mystical passive, which boosts his damage against Tanks and Slow enemies. The boost increases with each ascension.
  • Zomm now gets the Lord of the Undead passive after being ascended twice, which increases his health by 25% for all Undead allies and gives Undead allies a chance to disease enemies when hit by a melee attack.
  • Putrid Claw is now Zomm's basic attack.
  • Taste For Brains has been moved from Zomm's 3rd ability to his 1st. In addition, it now heals and increases the max HP of all Undead allies. The cooldown has been reduced from 6 to 5.
  • Zomm's second ability is now Unleash the Legion, which buffs the ATK of all allies, and then has all Undead allies attack a random enemy.
  • Zomm's third ability is now Fillet Zomminions, which snacrifices all allied Zomminions. Then, all allies gain energy and a portion of their max health. This happens an additional time for each Zomminion snacrificed. (Note: There is no typo on the word 'snacrifice'.)

Hansuke Undying:
  • +ATK, +DEF, +HP, +SKL
  • Hansuke no longer has the Lifeless, Honor Guard or Undying Loyalty passives.
  • Hansuke's Kenjutsu ability now goes to Kenjutsu III at his final ascension instead of just Kenjutsu II. In addition, if Hansuke parries an attack with Kenjutsu, he will do a counterattack.
  • Hansuke now gets the Relentless Horde passive after being ascended once, which allows all Undead allies to do an attack against a random enemy after landing a killing blow.
  • Hansuke now gets the Undead Avenger passive after being ascended twice, which increases his ATK and lets him do a revenge attack against an enemy who kills one of his allies. He will do 2 revenge attacks if the ally killed was Undead.
  • Hansuke's first ability is now Iaijutsu Strike, which is an armor piercing melee physical attack that Wounds the enemy and will purge Taunt (if active on the target).
  • Hansuke's second ability is now Blade Fury, which does 3 melee physical attacks on the targeted enemy, and has a 20% chance to do a 4th attack. Critical hits from this ability have a 50% chance to inflict a Wound.
  • Hansuke's third ability is now Wrath of the Fallen, which buffs the ATK of the entire team, and then does a melee physical attack on the targeted enemy. If the target is killed, all remaining enemies will be Feared.

King Yorick:
  • -ATK, -DEF, +HP, +SKL
  • Yorick is now a Rogue.
  • Yorick no longer has the Lifeless, Magical, Rogue Defense, or Undead Guard passives.
  • Yorick now has the Chilled to the Bone passive, which gives all allied Undead a chance to Chill enemies with their basic attacks.
  • Yorick now has the Cold as Death passive, that prevents him from being Frozen, Chilled, and Frostbitten.
  • Yorick now gets the Chilling Skin passive at his final ascension, which gives him a chance to chill melee attackers.
  • Yorick's Marked for Death now decreases the healing of all enemies.
  • Yorick's second ability is now Warding Strike, which is an upgrade to Armor Break. The ability does a melee physical attack that lowers the target's defense and purges all their buffs.
  • Yorick's third ability is now Lifeless Breath, a ranged water attack on a target enemy and deals splash damage to all enemies. In addition, Frostbite is applied to the targeted enemy.

Overlord Executum:
  • -ATK, -DEF, +HP, +SKL
  • Executum is no longer a Warrior. He is still a Tank.
  • Executum no longer has the Lifeless, or Undead Scourge passives.
  • Executum now gets the Undead Guard passive, which increases the DEF of all Undead allies. This passive upgrades once with Executum's first ascension.
  • Executum's first ability is now Vigilance, which gives him a chance to jump in front of an ally being targeted, and a chance to parry. This ability also reduces the enemies CRIT chance on that attack.
  • Executum's second ability is now Void Taunt, an upgraded Taunt! In addition to the normal Taunt effect, he has a chance to apply the Void debuff when hit, which decreases ATK, DEF, SKL, and CRIT. This ability starts powered.
  • Executum's third ability is now Void Strike, which is an upgraded version of his Void Blade ability. It does a melee physical attack against a targeted enemy and has a chance to decrease their ATK, DEF, SKL, and CRIT. The upgrade is that the ability buffs your entire team's DEF!

Life Reaper Brom:
  • Nothing, apart from the addition of Soulless Scourge. But he is still a spooky, scary skeleton!

In addition, the following changes are being made to Masuta Kira:
  • -ATK, +DEF, +SKL, +HP
  • Kira now has PWN Undead I.
  • Death Blossom now deals 1 attack per enemy instead of 2.
  • Kira's Tenacity passive is being replaced with Tenacious Assault. Kira now has a chance to do a free Death Blossom attack at the end of a round.

Furthermore, the PWN Undead I deals 1.5x damage instead of 2.5x, and PWN Undead II passive now deals 2x damage instead of 3x damage to Undead enemies. These changes impact all heroes with these passives.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm surprised there's not a party going on in this thread at the news of MK's nerfing
  • Eh, not crazy about nerfing MK without nerfing Shade/bunny. But the rest are cool.
  • When can we start collecting Zomm's epic parts?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    kpung07 wrote: »
    When can we start collecting Zomm's epic parts?

Zomm's Epic crawled out of the ground earlier than it should have, and we're scolding it. It will be possible to collect them tomorrow. Apologies for the mixup.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited October 26
    Very excited to play around with all these new hero changes. Any chance of a free rune equip with all these changes?
  • HELLZ YEAH!!! :)

Hmm, might have to remove MK finally from my PvP lineup. Have to try out these new changes and see...
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Oh look an undead team update :3 Zomm is pretty neat! He'll be fun with opneedstobenerfednotreally Shade xD
  • So, is the damage for Mk's opener equivalent to the old one? Does he do the same amount of damage in one shot as he used to do in two, ignoring the attack stat nerf, of course.
  • Rkr1970Rkr1970 Member
    edited October 27
    Happy about MOST of the undead updates. NO JOY for the Hansuke NERF! May need to stop using him!!!

After further review, and trying out the "improved" heroes, hating the entire update.
    Post edited by Rkr1970 on
  • Also, I noticed the tower rewarding candy from each chest after battle, but didnt see a pop up about it, and the final rewards don't reflect the candy award.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    edited October 26
    NNOOOOOOO my poor hansuke how are you supposed to protect the innocent now without your signature move?! Why of all heros does OE get it? He's supposed to be an evil undead warrior that kills things not protect them! Also I absolutely love zomms changes the zomminions sound really cool just hope he's not too squishy now that he's a caster
  • MK's ATK is lowered PLUS "Death" Blossum now only hits once? That hero is D-O-N-E.

This why I don't spend money on this game and never will. With a keystroke, DB can make your expenditures pointless.
  • Death is in quotation marks because he won't be killing anything anymore
    NateDoge wrote: »
    So, is the damage for Mk's opener equivalent to the old one? Does he do the same amount of damage in one shot as he used to do in two, ignoring the attack stat nerf, of course.

The damage per hit remains the same, but the number of hits is reduced. BUT Tenacious Assault has the chance to let him do a free Death Blossom every round, regardless of if the ability is available or not.

Regarding Candy Corn: I'm not seeing that happen. The candy corn there pays out via a quest. (Also, if you have other issues regarding Candy Corn, please comment in the main event thread. I'm happy to answer this here but want to keep each thread on their respective topics :) )
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    edited October 26
    It's one thing if the game outgrows a character you have built due to power creep, but it's a whole nother issue to take the actual "thing" people paid to have and change it in a negative way such that people no longer have the "thing" they paid for.
  • Joel wrote: »
    So, is the damage for Mk's opener equivalent to the old one? Does he do the same amount of damage in one shot as he used to do in two, ignoring the attack stat nerf, of course.

The damage per hit remains the same, but the number of hits is reduced. BUT Tenacious Assault has the chance to let him do a free Death Blossom every round, regardless of if the ability is available or not.

Regarding Candy Corn: I'm not seeing that happen. The candy corn there pays out via a quest. (Also, if you have other issues regarding Candy Corn, please comment in the main event thread. I'm happy to answer this here but want to keep each thread on their respective topics :) )

Ok, so his opener has been reduced 50% in power before factoring in the attack nerf and the chance to do it again at the end of the turn; correct?
    Ok, so his opener has been reduced 50% in power before factoring in the attack nerf and the chance to do it again at the end of the turn; correct?

Correct.
  • Mostly these are great changes.

Yorick being a rogue makes no sense.

Major nerf to MK much appreciated, along with the free rune exchange you're going to offer ... :)
  • Joel wrote: »
    kpung07 wrote: »
    When can we start collecting Zomm's epic parts?

Zomm's Epic crawled out of the ground earlier than it should have, and we're scolding it. It will be possible to collect them tomorrow. Apologies for the mixup.

Can't exactly tell if you're joking, or that I should be legitimately hyped for a zomm epic.

Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
    Not joking. It will be released properly tomorrow. It's appearance today was an accident.
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56934/surprise-zomms-epic-crept-out-early-available-tomorrow-friday#latest
  • bwgbwg Member
    Thanks for addressing the M Kira over-powered issue.
  • pjworldpjworld Member
    edited October 26
    +ATK, +CRIT, -DEF, -HP, -SKL

So I wasn't imagining Zomm becoming a glass cannon all of a sudden.

And I don't know if this is intended, but he just removed my own Solaris and replaced her with a useless skeleton -_-

And please give us free rune unequip!!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hhhhhnnnggghh... Oh.. I don’t know how I feel about this. The Undead were already cool imo. I like the ability updates (except Hansuke), but why are you removing all their cool synergies?

No really, why touch Hansuke? Can he even still protect his allies? That was the coolest part about him! And it looks like he can’t even revive anymore if he dies...

And with Zomm, do these “Zominions” take the place of your dead allies? Wouldn’t make much sense seeing as how there’s now an ability for him which sacrificed them to buff allies.

I can’t check my game right now so that’s why I’m asking about all this stuff.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
    edited October 26
    Honestly I don’t even think MK needed a nerf. At least... not such a brutal one.

As for the Undead, why didn’t you just make Undead become Living Dead when on a team with Zomm? Ya know, that buff those Undead PvE enemies had. All the good parts of being Undead but not actually Undead. That would’ve been a nerf to MK in and of itself while still keeping him viable in... everywhere.

Also yeah Yorick being a Rogue and losing rogue defense makes 0 sense. I always assumed he was assassinated as a king, which explained why he had rogue defense. Might as well just make him Fast, too.
  • first of all, why in the world would you buff undead? they are the most op campaigne team besides daeris energy cycle for struggling lv 50s
    the whole point of zomm is his massive 11800 base health pool, but I have to thank you for this, this is what got me playing again

and now for the first time in a year I don't regret wasting massive amounts of celestial evos on him

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided
  • and not to mention, you just HAVE to take away scyptic claw, the only ability he has that's op

Also, are the stat debuffs from Executum’s Taunt and Void Strike the same debuff? Or can they stack? If not I think the chance to debuff on Void Strike should be 100%. Otherwise it’s not a true buff to Void Blade...
  • good, now buff black diamond and give her an epic with 30% attack 20% crit and 10% skill, and make blade storm hit 5 times

• tbh these are kinda trash

i never wanted to use executum as any sort of vigil taunting tank, he never had the stats for it
    now i have to get his second acsention for any sort of good damage!(i didnt want to spend my precious arcane evos on it)

dissapointed at the removal of welcomed fever and most of the changes for zomm, however cool sounding for those minions

why the glass cannon zomm? I bought him for his renowned health and disease powers, and was loving it
    but now?

uggggggggg

and why such a harsh MK nerf, just nerf his opener to one, or nerf pwn undead, not both and a stat nerf!

yorick i am actually not to sad about, well needed changes to make him a more powerful guy

but why a rogue?