Undead Hero & Masuta Kira Changes! So Spooky!

Comments

• I wish you guys had nerfed Solaris and Shade if you were going to effectively remove MK from competitive play. This new meta... it's just horrible. Absolutely horrible.
  • NateDoge wrote: »
    I wish you guys had nerfed Solaris and Shade if you were going to effectively remove MK from competitive play. This new meta... it's just horrible. Absolutely horrible.

agreed about this..shade and bunny need nerf if u nerf mk..
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I am so glad that you listened to us about MK. However, six months ago, the changes might have been appreciated. Now MK was already irrelevant. With the current meta, I don’t even consider using MK. You have more serious problems to fix. Because of lack of hero sorting, I haven’t changed my PvP offense in two seasons. I know I am lazy but if one team can win 95% of the battles, why change. Of course, damage reduction runes can cause a problem sometimes for my offense. Today I had to retreat with all my heroes alive fighting a single hero.

8xryn70ymnci.jpeg

Prison life is not so bad. My fellow prisoners give me flowers instead of flags. Being in prison is much better than being a ghost. Mom is going to bake me a cake.
  • Zomm’s changes are quite neat! From the Grave especially, since it provides you with an army of skeletal minions. Now I can choose between an immortal Solaris Team or a Zomm Summon team. A bit disappointed with Hansuke though. I wish his guardian playstyle was buffed instead of being completely changed.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited October 27
    I haven't gotten to see the use of the zomm minions ability yet but does it do anything if there are no minions. Didn't we learn from Hagrim that having a character that depends on other characters dying to use its full power doesn't work well? Zomm just went from one of my favorite characters to I don't even know what.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Can MK even kill Kobal now with this nerf? SMH.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I... don’t think I like these changes at all, really. Maybe they’re just new and uncomfortable. I’ll give it time.

But for pete’s sake, at least make it so Executum uses his own laugh when using Vigil and not Hansuke’s...

Hansuke’s name and lore doesn’t even make any sense anymore. Ugh.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • danacdanac Member
    lythstihl wrote: »
    I haven't gotten to see the use of the zomm minions ability yet but does it do anything if there are no minions. Didn't we learn from Hagrim that having a character that depends on other characters dying to use its full power doesn't work well? Zomm just went from one of my favorite characters to I don't even know what.

And they reduced is stats so that he’s likely to be targeted and killed before any of his teammates.

Ya can’t make minions if you’re dead dead.
  • @Joel Can you guys just PLEASE do a system restore to yesterday and try again. This is a legitimately horrible move that is seriously making me consider whether I want to continue playing.

Literally, I am having no fun with this game tonight. I am going through the motions for my guildmates, but I'm not sure I want to invest any more time from my life on this when you guys just come along and re-shuffle the deck on a whim and toss out things on which we have invested a lot of time (and, for many, money).
  • TheDarkHalfTheDarkHalf Member
    edited October 27
    I should say so far I loved this game. Although at certain points it was a little not too well balanced with some new heroes, stats, buffs etc. but up to this moment it was OK and bearable. But to my surprise, when I started the usual PVP today, to get the guild crowns as always, I found out that MK was, like... dead! Not literally but with all the changes applied, come on guys, you should have better killed this hero right away, better than looking him struggle through his weakness... OK, lets make a quick review- you took away the second Death Blossom strike and at the same time you reduce his ATK and Undead Damage x3 (this last is OK if not for the pervious two things mentioned). So lets pretend MK before the changes was doing 1000 damage per hit, that makes 2000 damage for two hits. Now it will make what?- 500 damage? 4 TIMES LESS???? And you go ahead proudly pointing out that you have added Tenacious Assault- what the heck??? it is like 1/4 chance to make a second hit at the end of each round IF MK is still alive that is and also up to this point most of the MK compatriots in the team might already be dead anyway. And even if MK manages and scores this extra Death Blossom hit, then it will make 500 damage in the first round+ 500 damage if you are lucky at the end of the round, which is still 1/2 of what used to be with the first move before the update? Do you guys have any idea how much time some of us have invested in this hero? And now, unilaterally you render it absolute trash! He was the one chance to survive a PVP attack with a duly upgraded Shade, Pontifex and Shadowblade. No more, now there ain't a real answer to that unless runed up to the max team with for example Solaris.

Bitterly, bitterly disappointed and really considering the option to stop wasting my time since it turns out now long, long hours have literally gone to waste with MK upgrading...

Congratulations!
    Post edited by TheDarkHalf on
  • the irrelevant mk with this new meta just being nerf ang make him more irrelevant to use.. say yes to mk hater
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • Hey Dungeon Boss team!

Dungeon Boss has been an integral part of my life the last 2 years and has provided countless hours of entertainment through strategy-based pvp, dungeons, and character building. I have been contempt with all of the other changes throughout my time as a db player, but after noticing the nerf to characters, I got online and registered in order to make a comment on this forum.

1. After reading all the other comments on this forum I feel there is something to be said about the "secureness" or lack-there-of that people are feeling with this major seasonal change. I would see a benefit in having a community poll regarding major changes within characters. Maybe allow the community as a whole to vote and only make a change if say 70% voted in favor. This would benefit both Dungeon Boss and players alike. Players would feel more secure in their purchases, and DB wouldn't receive 100% of the blame if 70% + of the community was in favor of a change. The fear of players going forward is that any character if too powerful could be reduced to jabber, which then begs the question: "Why pour valuable resources into making this character awesome!"

2. Many other people had some very good ideas that could have been substituted instead of a complete nerf for MK and Hansuke. I understand Hansuke wasn't completely nerfed, but his most loving ability has been removed, and with it, his love as a character. I am partly biased toward these characters, but everyone has a character or set of characters they love, and I feel like other changes could have been made to keep each player's love for that character alive. If it means anything, the only two characters in my roster that have their epic's maxed are Hansuke and MK. They are also fully-runed. All this time, money, and pride in these characters does seem like a pretty big let-down with this update.

3. Mk really isn't a character of choice when it comes to PvM, therefore, he would fall into the PvP category. He is also what I would define as a solo character, since most other characters that buff him are not very effective in lv 70 player pvp. Teams like the Beast team with solaris, reptile teams, and shade teams with kotos, hopper, and shadowblade are the most common these days. MK keeps the strategy alive in my opinion, and I do feel like this update hurt the pvp aspect of this game for many players. Mk should not be the primary nerf target at this point in the game. Solaris' inability to be hit by shade and resurrection ability is much more op than mk. Hopper's ability to remove players and heal is more powerful as well. However, as op as these characters are I would not say it is ever necessary to eliminate these abilities.

Again, I love this game and want to see it provide great content for players.
  • Not understanding why MK had to be nerfed. Max epic + tons of very expensive runes + lots of time all down the crapper. If you really want to balance things out, pull @#$! Solaris out of the game completely. PVP has become a monotonous unfair mess since about 90% of higher PVP dungeons have him installed.
  • Some serious ****-hurt in these comments- I actually really like the changes made to the Undead team, mixes it up a bit. It's made Overlord relevant again- he hasn't been used once since I unlocked Hansuke. The Undead used to be my go-to PVE team, they fell behind over the last 6 months with the buffs to beast teams but they are back at the top again and I'm really enjoying them

On the MK nerf- yes it's a pain as I've invested a lot of resources, runes and money into him, but we've known it's coming for some time now. Has the nerf been a little severe? Maybe, I don't think he needed an ATT drop personally on top of everything

But for the people saying "I spent money on MK, this is so unfair.....but nerf Solaris, Shade and Hopper"- you do realise how silly that is? And once those heroes are nerfed you'll be making the same complaint?

I don't like seeing heroes nerfed at all- I would much rather the weaker heroes are buffed instead. A game where more heroes are viable makes for a more interesting game to play
  • HellaMHellaM Member
    edited October 27
    MK's damage is poop now. We would have been better off totally losing his vs undead bonus. - Which would have been fine as one hero shouldn't eliminate a full group of heroes. Or maybe let him keep the bonus vs target hero not all. Problem is he can't even intimidate the dark team now. Dark teams are now more viable, and revamped undead team provides nothing for it.

Oh MK has a chance to do a free DB now? What bullpoop. Free hit meant you can trigger the epic that you wasted a ton of time farming the mats for. Now you just get to cast the lower damage DB. That does damage to everyone but kills really no one.

Oh look a first turn death blossom almost took 2 pixels off the health-bars of the enemy team! Much amaze! Very wow!
    Yeah but that lupina with no runes at least got her nose to stop itching - thx MK i guess - Nose Scratch Blossom - Rock on bro`!!!.
    CklFN4x.png

Now shade is totally superior to MK due to fear.
    But look at it on the bright side, people won't have to waste tons of mats for the MK epic any more, thats tons of manhours saved.

Blossom is completely useless as a first skill. You may as well let us use the other ones on the first turn, to salvage whats left of the hero. Blossom with this damage is just a gimmicky passive skill.
    Post edited by HellaM on
  • An undead update was long awaited for Halloween and shouldn't have surprised anyone. However, I must say that the update went directly south.
    Zomm, as an undead king, great. To bad he's a slow glasscannon and will die before he gets to act. The zomminions are a cool idea, but skills that depend on your teammates dying are rather useless.
    Yorick is now utterly irrelevant. A useless rouge.
    Executum is even worse. RNG debuffs and nothing else?
    I have no real problem with Hansuke (though I never used him before). He's now an average warrior who will speed up undead PvE.
    Brom is fine the way he is.
    The undead team have really weak synergies.

Mk needed a nerf, but this was a bit over the top. He was already redundant in the current meta. Just a fix to his pwn undead would have sufficed.

I'm so upset I'll waste some time posting a suggested undead makeover in the suggestions forum.

Make Undead Great Again
  • @Joel im really glad you updated the undead team, they are so much bette now. i love the passive lifesteal and Hansuke passive which allows two attacks.
  • @HellaM

Lol. Loved your comment about nose scratch blossom
  • So maybe I’m not understanding fillet zomminions, but what benefit would having 3 zomminions snacrified give? There are no more allies left to give energy or health to.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    So maybe I’m not understanding fillet zomminions, but what benefit would having 3 zomminions snacrified give? There are no more allies left to give energy or health to.

It basically refills zomm's abilities, so if you have three minions, you can spam his second and third ability to infinitely boost his hp and them throw an entire team of attacks at the opponent.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • Finally the Undead get some love from the dev team, thanks @Joel, as the #1 Undead Player, I find this awesome & I can finally get back into the action with my Undead Entourage.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • dem spooks shake'n me real hard, so hard i dont think mk can crack ma bones no more. oh wait he cant rofl
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
    So maybe I’m not understanding fillet zomminions, but what benefit would having 3 zomminions snacrified give? There are no more allies left to give energy or health to.

It basically refills zomm's abilities, so if you have three minions, you can spam his second and third ability to infinitely boost his hp and them throw an entire team of attacks at the opponent.

Oh I see. Cool. Because each round those zombies will respawn right?
    shiggity80 wrote: »

Yup
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator

Yup

But he kills them to gain the buffs from Fillet Zomminion, wouldn't they not be buffed because they're dead?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • ok just saw the use of it in full sight.....

even if lets say, kobal dies on a floor and gets ressurected as a minion
    if i beat the floor he comes back on the next one as fleshy kobal and not as a skeleton

am i missing something or did i just find a really cool thing?