Undead Hero & Masuta Kira Changes! So Spooky!

Comments

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited October 29
    jimwymr wrote: »
    This is my last two cents, I am leaving the game. I spent a lot of time and effort to get MK a max epic and for crafting and max tuning runes to fit him, for DB to just nerf him with no notice. If I was staying I would absolutely demand a refund on all of the gems that I bought that helped me get him maxed.

However instead, I will just leave DB with this piece of advice; stop nerfing characters that some might say are overpowered but that people have spent time and effort to build up. Instead, why not bring UP the characters that are underpowered. Players would be more interested in utilizing characters that never get utilized and probably spend money maxing them as well. Instead all you did was piss off a bunch of people who had MK as one of their primary characters. Two ways to do it; nerf and bring down the overpowered, or enhance and bring up the underpowered. One way makes money, the other way pisses people off. Things that make you go hmmm!

@jimwymr So many illogical things worth unpacking here.

1-They didn't nerf MK "with no notice". They said they were looking at it months and months ago. Players asked for it constantly since then. If anything, it was the opposite of no notice. It was super-hyper-way-too-early notice by the time they got around to it.

2-This isn't an mmorpg where months or years of your time went to waste on a now useless character. You can take the runes off him and put them on any of the seventy-five other heroes at will. The only "sunk" cost is in the materials for his epic, which add up to a fairly insignificant amount in the grand scheme. Plus, you got the benefit of those runes and epic levels for many hundred or thousands of dungeon runs, PvP matches, etc. not exactly a waste.

3-Re: your suggestion that they buff the underpowered instead of needing the overpowered. They are doing both...even within this single update! But you have to recognize that buffing dozens and dozens of heroes is not time-effective activity when a single one is a problem. There will always be a "most powerful" hero or group of heroes. Constantly trying to catch every other hero up to them is a no win chase.

4-I agree that the nerfs seem overboard, and MK is sorta useless now. But there are lots of useless heroes. If Sifu being useless didn't make you leave the game, why would MK being useless make you leave??? As always, just use heroes that aren't useless, and the game goes on.

5-Whether you agree with how they went about nerfing him or not, you have to acknowledge that MK was the preeminent meta hero for a long time. Even though he has fallen out of favor at the top end, lower level players report that he's still prominent and extremely frustrating in their brackets. You talk about the good of the game and making people happy...how happy do you think new players are when heavily runed MKs wipe out their team before they even get to take an action over and over?

6-Power level is all relative. If they had buffed other heroes as you suggest, it would have the same effect of making MK less viable than he used to be. Why would that make you feel any better about it??
  • Why everione hates on Zom and the undeads? He wrecks solaris teams now, even against higher rune power than him. Solaris, you know the bird that everiboudy is crying about, he owns her! Also counters hopper baaad. Someone who is also has a high prase in pvp.
  • They don't have him that's why they hate zomm and undeads
  • Mati01 wrote: »
    Why everione hates on Zom and the undeads? He wrecks solaris teams now, even against higher rune power than him. Solaris, you know the bird that everiboudy is crying about, he owns her! Also counters hopper baaad. Someone who is also has a high prase in pvp.

How does Zomm counter Hopper?
  • Do heroes thAt become zomminions return to normal (like ponti) after a few rounds?
  • I don’t have a problem with MK being nerfed. As it was he was already a powerful character, and letting him do 3x damage to undead - with an attack that hits everyone twice - was absurdly overpowered versus undead teams. I think they’ve over-nerfed him perhaps but overall this makes undead characters a lot more viable (haha).

I like the changes to Zomm - the zomminions are quite fun and imaginative, and stronger than they first appear. The fact that they will keep resurrecting for as long as Zomm is alive is pretty good. It makes Zomm more versatile. Before he was only really useful when paired with the other undead, but this ability is just as good when paired with other characters. It’s a sort of alternative to a resurrection team.

The one thing I really don’t like is giving Hansuke’s signature move to OE. It robs Hansuke of his flavour and interest (and his name makes no sense now). He’s just another fairly standard warrior now. And I don’t see how OE, who is supposedly evil, would have this ability at all.

Worse, OE now makes no sense as he has Vigilance AND Taunt. Where’s the logic in that? It’s a waste to have them both operative at the same time. Before, Hansuke and OE worked well together: have OE taunt, and have Hansuke do Vigilance, and they’re basically sharing tank duties. It was really nice synergy. He only change I would have made would be to make Vigilance last longer.

So overall I’m pleased with most of the changes, but not to Hansuke/OE. For what it’s worth!
  • They shoulda only dropped his pwn undead to 2x, reduce his atk some, and remove tenacity completely.
  • Recent developments have shown that DB is overly obsessed with "fleshing out" each family team - a rogue, caster, healer, tank, warrior for each tag.

This, of course, ruins some of the diversity of each family's feel. It's also the only explanation I can derive for turning Yorick - an assassinated king whose now fleshless form protects him from the rogues who killed him in life - into a Rogue. If you answer anything, answer me that @Joel : what purpose did turning Yorick into a Rogue and removing his Rogue-Defense passive serve?

Hansuke's abilities also no longer match up to his backstory at all. So like, bang-up job on that.

Speaking of which, throwing Vigilance on OE made no sense either when that was literally Hansuke's defining schtick.

It's also absolutely hilarious that Zomm, the Undead king of darkness, is now terrible in the purple Epic dungeon because half of 'em are Dark Immune.

TL;DR: The Undead heroes, though similar in 'hero tags,' were interesting, diverse, and had sensible lore-ability cohesion. Attempting to 'homogenize' them with the current design meta, ignoring all notions of hero-personality, was a terrible move.
  • Mati01 wrote: »
    Why everione hates on Zom and the undeads? He wrecks solaris teams now, even against higher rune power than him. Solaris, you know the bird that everiboudy is crying about, he owns her! Also counters hopper baaad. Someone who is also has a high prase in pvp.

You sure about that? Hasn’t been my experience:

5ykkophifddy.png

b4cb5waci1fi.png

I sorta wish Undead were viable in PvP but not seeing it...

• Use Kai to render Grog useless dps wisem then hansuke for removing taunt (has god defense as pignius can 1 hit ko him wot hthe debuffs caused by grog nd bird + Sucker punch) then DeathMark Grog aaaaan eat his bvrain. 1hit ko that removes him from the battle. The rest cant outdeal your leach and Zomminions rewiwing, as long as zom hs at least around 2-3 bulwark on him for def. Same goes for Koros.
  • danacdanac Member

4-I agree that the nerfs seem overboard, and MK is sorta useless now. But there are lots of useless heroes. If Sifu being useless didn't make you leave the game, why would MK being useless make you leave??? As always, just use heroes that aren't useless, and the game goes on.

Useless Toons Matter
    #UTM

coneyK wrote: »
    Attempting to 'homogenize' them with the current design meta, ignoring all notions of hero-personality, was a terrible move.

I liked my Zomm's personality better when he went around saying, "braaainnsss..."
  • gz7aby5tcm3y.png
    This is my MK. Is he supposed to do so little damage with Death blossom after the „upgrade“?
  • li30li30 Member
    I sorta wish Undead were viable in PvP but not seeing it...
    Why not try 2 undead with 2 other heroes ? On offense 2 slow heroes is huge disadvantage imo. Of all undead, hansuke and zomm seems better option on pvp right now.
  • jimwymr wrote: »
    This is my last two cents, I am leaving the game. I spent a lot of time and effort to get MK a max epic and for crafting and max tuning runes to fit him, for DB to just nerf him with no notice. If I was staying I would absolutely demand a refund on all of the gems that I bought that helped me get him maxed.

However instead, I will just leave DB with this piece of advice; stop nerfing characters that some might say are overpowered but that people have spent time and effort to build up. Instead, why not bring UP the characters that are underpowered. Players would be more interested in utilizing characters that never get utilized and probably spend money maxing them as well. Instead all you did was piss off a bunch of people who had MK as one of their primary characters. Two ways to do it; nerf and bring down the overpowered, or enhance and bring up the underpowered. One way makes money, the other way pisses people off. Things that make you go hmmm!

1-They didn't nerf MK "with no notice". They said they were looking at it months and months ago. Players asked for it constantly since then. If anything, it was the opposite of no notice. It was super-hyper-way-too-early notice by the time they got around to it.

2-This isn't an mmorpg where months or years of your time went to waste on a now useless character. You can take the runes off him and put them on any of the seventy-five other heroes at will. The only "sunk" cost is in the materials for his epic, which add up to a fairly insignificant amount in the grand scheme. Plus, you got the benefit of those runes and epic levels for many hundred or thousands of dungeon runs, PvP matches, etc. not exactly a waste.

3-Re: your suggestion that they buff the underpowered instead of needing the overpowered. They are doing both...even within this single update! But you have to recognize that buffing dozens and dozens of heroes is not time-effective activity when a single one is a problem. There will always be a "most powerful" hero or group of heroes. Constantly trying to catch every other hero up to them is a no win chase.

5-Whether you agree with how they went about nerfing him or not, you have to acknowledge that MK was the preeminent meta hero for a long time. Even though he has fallen out of favor at the top end, lower level players report that he's still prominent and extremely frustrating in their brackets. You talk about the good of the game and making people happy...how happy do you think new players are when heavily runed MKs wipe out their team before they even get to take an action over and over?

6-Power level is all relative. If they had buffed other heroes as you suggest, it would have the same effect of making MK less viable than he used to be. Why would that make you feel any better about it??

Great post!

I've been confused about all the backlash - the roster moves on.

I can recall similar outcry when Zen's Enlightenment was pushed back and this was going to ruin PvP forever :)

Or Bovus -1 energy was changed to slow... etc

---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • jimwymr wrote: »

I tend to disagree with the MK statement here. First of all when you say about lower level players suffering from it, you should keep in mind that PVP is scaled to correspond more or less to the player's rank and level. Keeping this in mind that comes to say that these same complaining players just made other choices away from upgrading MK which lead to their cry, ain't that so? And every success in this game is bound to choices in the past more or less.

I also cannot disagree more with the Sifu comparison- he has been weak since the beginning so no one that is wise would invest time or money on upgrading him, totally different story from MK. I personally managed to get MK to the max epic level several hours before the changes, so you tell me how many hundred or thousands of dungeon runs or PVP matches I enjoyed with it being maxed???

The thing is the current changes support the players that spend more money on the game rather than the rest. OK, this is logical, since DB needs to make money out of the whole thing, but still, keeping in mind people have also spent money on MK and suddenly wake up on it being completely useless is not a great incentive to continue investing in Shade for example as in a couple of months suddenly his shrouded passive might be gone...
  • AmmoAmmo Member
    The executum changes are super unexciting... what happened there? The first two abilities practically do the same thing.
    1611701?gid=
  • Also it's worth pointing out that if you complete a Campaign dungeon with some of your heroes replaced with Zomminions, it still counts as three-starring it, which is quite nice.
  • How is anyone’s undead team beating the beasts? Kai and three dead - useless. One idead can work - shade, ferno, Astrid and Zomm is ok, as Astrid passive supports Zomm now. Up they can’t be seen as a PvP stable apart from unusual and situational. Given most ‘beast’ teams are 1 or 2 beasts and shade, hopper, etc. the dead are dead in the water.
  • gradders wrote: »
    How is anyone’s undead team beating the beasts? Kai and three dead - useless. One idead can work - shade, ferno, Astrid and Zomm is ok, as Astrid passive supports Zomm now. Up they can’t be seen as a PvP stable apart from unusual and situational. Given most ‘beast’ teams are 1 or 2 beasts and shade, hopper, etc. the dead are dead in the water.

Depends on the beast teams. Hardest for me are ones with Pig and Julius; 2 taunting heroes are tough, especially with the crazy HP Boost between Julius and Solaris.

If they're going Sol Leo Grog Torchy (my favorite attack team at the moment), it's a lot easier. Kill Leo with Shade, who haunts all beasts. 1-shot sol with SB, then Hopper removes the corpse. Koros removes feather from the others, provided you can survive Grog.

My D is Shade, Hopper, Leo and Sol. Tough for opponents, since you need to kill Shade in round 1, but if you do that, then kill Leo, Shade comes back. If you kill Leo, and Sol, but not Shade/Hopper, Sol comes back with a full Leo and no debuffs (if you applied any). I've been overpowered (team is at about 18000 power at L57) by teams in the 21,000-23,000 range, but not against equal strength teams (I also put D runes on Leo so it's more likely another hero dies before him).

Best way to attack that is with Hopper, since Shade/hopper don't get auto-feather.

I love Kai, but with no epic he's falling off fast at higher levels.
  • JonathanCRJonathanCR Member
    edited November 2
    gradders wrote: »
    How is anyone’s undead team beating the beasts?

A feature that seems to be undocumented is that Zomm's Taste For Brains trumps Solaris' Phoenix Feather. In other words, Zomm will destroy the corpse even of an enemy that's supposedly protected by Solaris. So the initial move is simple:

Yorick puts Marked for Death on the enemy Pignius (or other Beast tank)
    Hansuke whacks Pignius with Iaijutsu Strike
    Zomm takes him out with Taste For Brains, destroying the corpse

And it starts to look pretty bad for Solaris' team.

One other thing though - is Zomm really a caster now? Because it's not listed on his card.

• JonathanCR wrote: »
    gradders wrote: »
    How is anyone’s undead team beating the beasts?

A feature that seems to be undocumented is that Zomm's Taste For Brains trumps Solaris' Phoenix Feather. In other words, Zomm will destroy the corpse even of an enemy that's supposedly protected by Solaris. So the initial move is simple:

Yorick puts Marked for Death on the enemy Pignius (or other Beast tank)
    Hansuke whacks Pignius with Iaijutsu Strike
    Zomm takes him out with Taste For Brains, destroying the corpse

And it starts to look pretty bad for Solaris' team.

One other thing though - is Zomm really a caster now? Because it's not listed on his card.

There is a bug where having the epic removes the caster tag and anything associated with it. Joel is having it looked into.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    That Zomm tag issue should be fixed with an update that we just released. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »

Anything else included in this update?
  • I'm noticing that Solaris isn't popping back up after dying to a DoT.

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Mostly backend stuff. We also fixed some underlying issues with Zomm and Yorick's caster tags and fixed a bug that was impacting some Zomminion abilities.
    kalamadea wrote: »
    I'm noticing that Solaris isn't popping back up after dying to a DoT.

Was Solaris the last hero alive? If so, she shouldn't revive. Also, are you sure the ability is charged? I'm not seeing the issue on my end. If you have any additional information, or a video of the issue, it would be very helpful.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Mostly backend stuff. We also fixed some underlying issues with Zomm and Yorick's caster tags and fixed a bug that was impacting some Zomminion abilities.
    kalamadea wrote: »
    I'm noticing that Solaris isn't popping back up after dying to a DoT.

Was Solaris the last hero alive? If so, she shouldn't revive. Also, are you sure the ability is charged? I'm not seeing the issue on my end. If you have any additional information, or a video of the issue, it would be very helpful.

Thanks!
  • If you tell me that most people in MFG were mk haters, i'll have to disagree on that - ALL of them are mk haters. mission accomplished, job well done.

shade was also being looked at, said the devs/MFG, and he is still op af. thanks to you nubs who cried "MK WIPES MY ENTIRE TEAM WITH DEATH BLOSSOM IN 1 TURN!!!" now you'll get your **** kicked by lupy in half a turn. fuken nubs, just quit.
  • Ah great, thanks. Maybe I'll try putting Astrid in the Undead team again then...
  • A satirical look behind the BossFight curtain…

Millennial #1: “The road goes on forever and the party never ends.” I just totally made that up, and it should be the motto for our game.

Millennial #2: That’s a Robert Earl Keen song, and it’s not about phone app games.

Millennial #3: Who’s Robert Earl Keen?

Millennial #1: Guys—Halloween’s coming up. It’s time to go trick-or-treatin’ for cash. Let’s use our super Millennial brainpower to rock this.

Millennial #2: Oooo! My Millennial brain just had the v greatest idea ever—so much better than any other generation could have come up with. Revamp the undead team by shuffling around some Abilities and dropping a new Epic and telling everyone how scary, spooky, and strong they are.

Millennial #3: Are you phubbing? We’ve got a hero out there that hammers the undead team, so no matter how much we update, they’ll never be THAT good.

Millennial #1: V true. People won’t drain their savings, mortgage their homes, or sell their kidneys for just a fluffed-up Zomm. Let’s make the undead team a bunch of nukes!

Millennial #2: Nukes are so last century. We’ll just snip-snip MK’s boy parts, and our undead woes can rise. Jk about the undead being good, but tbh people will spend a lot of money trying to max out the new Epic before they figure it out. Fomo equals cha-ching.

Millennial #3: But people spent a lot of time and energy and money maxing out MK—those folks’ll be like the struggle is real af if we just take their time, energy, and money and wipe our arses with it. MK was already fading like an Xer due to evolution. Just look at what Ferno and Solaris have done to him in pvp.

Millennial #1: For real #3, I can’t even. Are you even a legit Millennial? You make me cringe so hard. This has nothing to do with MK. We could give a hot caramel macchiato about MK or what people invested in him in the past. It’ll be fine; people are stupid af. Once we’ve taken all the cash we can on Zomm, we’ll melt him and make Sifu the new meta. I swear, these people get bored and just look for a reason to send us more money. We’re doing them a favor. Amirite? ****. Now I want a cold-brewed turmeric latte with pumpkinseed milk.

Millennial #2: We are smart af…

Millennial #3: Who’s Robert Earl Keen?
  • So, wait. What happens when Shade possesses a dead Lord Zomm? Why don’t his minions come back to life when it is his turn? To me it seems like they should. No?