Haunted Halls 2017: Candy Corn, Frightful Fun, and Spooky Spooks [Minor Text Bug Known]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
twyuiqir4f98.png

Grab your trick-or-treating bags and put on something scary, because it's time for the annual Haunted Halls event!

To kick things off, we have enough hero changes to fill several coffins. You can read all about them HERE.

As for the event, all of the quests pay out Candy Corn, which are like Event Tickets, but have more sugar. You can also find Candy Corn lying around in all battles (PVE, PVP, and the tower) as well as in sparkling pumpkins found in campaign dungeons. In addition, using Heroes with costumes (skins) will increase the amount of Candy Corn paid out in battles. You can spend Candy Corn in the event shop, and they will also count towards a special guild leaderboard. Similar to Boss Invasions, the payouts are based on thresholds. If you move to a different guild, any Candy Corn you earn with them will be added to that Guild's leaderboard, so you're free to move around as you please and contribute to multiple Guilds if you're feeling generous.

Speaking of things in the shop, if you've been wanting to get your hands on the Overlord Executum or Samurai Takumi skin from our anniversary event, they are both available for Candy Corn! We also have two new skins, Count Mortis and Trick 'R Treat Shade available for purchase!

Happy Halloween everyone! :smiley:

NOTE: We are aware that the bottom threshold on the leaderboard rewards list currently says 1.25 Million. It should actually say 500,000. The code behind the threshold is already in place and correct, it is just the text that is wrong, and we will have it corrected before the end of tomorrow. Apologies for any confusion this may cause!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Are materials going to be added to event shop?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • is Dark boss island going to be opened for zomms epic?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Not sure if it was the same but this is a bit underwhelming in light of all I read about last years Halloween event
  • The shad and ponti skins just literally disappeared from the event shop while I was looking at them. Lol. They were marked $24.99 each.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    jmcraven wrote: »
    The shad and ponti skins just literally disappeared from the event shop while I was looking at them. Lol. They were marked $24.99 each.

We had to turn them off for just a bit while we remove a Zomm Epic offer that isn't supposed to be there until tomorrow. The skins will return shortly!
  • Neat idea with the candy corn. I like the "Trick or Treat" nature of having to go around looking for it. Well done; also really like Shade's skin!

Hate the MK nerf, but said my peace about that already.
  • YAY HALLOWEEN EVENT!!! :)
    Get that candycorn! :)
    Drocas wrote: »
    is Dark boss island going to be opened for zomms epic?

Yes, it will be open tomorrow when Zomm's Epic returns (from the grave).
  • Zomm’s taste for brains not healing undead like it should
    Zomm’s taste for brains not healing undead like it should

Already being fixed.
  • When I run pvp and the tower, I see candy corn coming out of each loot chest, but it doesn't tell you how much when it happens, and it doesn't show it as loot in the reward screen.
  • Can we please have confirmation if mats will be added to the shop?
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
    Can we please have confirmation if mats will be added to the shop?

Which materials and which shop (normal/event)?
  • The event shop - ie metals pack, crystals, plant mats, etc.. as per prior events, thanks.
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
    NateDoge wrote: »
    When I run pvp and the tower, I see candy corn coming out of each loot chest, but it doesn't tell you how much when it happens, and it doesn't show it as loot in the reward screen.

I've had a long day. The Candy Corn is there, and it is added immediately to your inventory, but is not on the reward screen.
  • @NateDoge I am seeing the corn on each level of the tower, as well. I have confirmed the amount to be 20 per chest by checking the shop before and after each level. I am using costumed toons, so it might really be 10 per level.
  • Also, confirmed 40 for each pvp victory - also used costumed toons, so likely really 20.
  • Wow, nice.
    A guild event with no announcenent.
    You know how to ruin the fun.
  • I'm usually a complainer, but nothing much this time. Get those bugs ironed out and I think this will be a fun week. I love collecting jackpot loots.
  • How many Candy do Pumpkins give you this time?
    Dragon wrote: »
    How many Candy do Pumpkins give you this time?

Random amounts from 10-250. Pumpkins also have a chance to drop tokens, celestial evos, and loot keys.
  • Will the raw/metal/plant/crystals materials be in the event shop later?
  • nunyanunya Member
    edited October 26
    @Joel we have several people going on vacation at reset. Will they still get the guild rewards for our weekly guild event? I don’t mean the crown event by that.
    nunya
    nunya wrote: »
    @Joel we have several people going on vacation at reset. Will they still get the guild rewards for our weekly guild event? I don’t mean the crown event by that.

No. This leaderboard behaves the same as a Boss Invasion leaderboard. You get the rewards for the guild you are in at the end of the event.
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited October 26
    You guys are being way more generous with the candy corn this year. Got 820 in one 7-energy dungeon. Nice.

Edit. Lol not to insult, just something I remember from last year.
  • Just in case no one looks at my post, here is what I have to say about the new update.
    ----

Ok just wtf? Not to be toxic or anything but holy sh*t what are these changes.
    I love the whole Haunted Halls event and Candy Corn and stuff, but the other stuff, really?
    The Undead team is dead, stop trying to revive it. There are many other fast heroes who can destroy the team easily other than Masuta, speaking of Masuta, he didn't deserve the nerf.
    Masuta has been completely irrelevant in the PvP scene since last month, are you guys now basing nerfs and buffs based on the opinions of level 10s? Decreased attack, PWN Undead cut in half, lost Tenacity, Death Blossom completely killed. Are you serious?
    Before the nerf, Masuta was already bad enough, and he has my best runes. I didn't use him in PvP, but when I did, he would keep dying by Shade.
    Solaris and the Beast team, and Shade IS what you devs need to nerf, not a poor guy who is irrelevant.
    Masuta isn't even good for PvE for me anymore, he is awful.

Undead Changes: Ok, I love that the Undead is getting some love, but these changes don't make them viable in PvP one bit, in fact, you people basically buff and nerf people based on PvP. These changes are not enough to bring back the Undead team, sorry.

Under The Hood Change: You guys literally RUINED the Daily Gem Award, it's now 10$ for 200 gems only for 10 days...?
    Previously, I could've bought 4,800 gems for 9$, this is a terrible biz move. Please revert this change, you guys literally never talked about this change and made it a rip off.

Haunted Halls: I love this event, the candy corn, the skins, everything about it! But seriously, where the hell are the Pontifex Mortis and Shade skin in the shop? I can't find a way to buy it anywhere, please fix this bug.
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 60 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    people basically buff and nerf people based on PvP.

What would you rather have them base changes off of? PvE? Where all you’re facing are the same, dumb enemies with the same moves and horrible stats? Where there’s literally no challenge whatsoever? The changes are based on PvP but also what everyone in Line has been saying for months now.

And yeah, while some of these changes aren’t exactly relevant right now, you have to think about how long it takes them to rework heroes. They probably started as soon as the complaints of MK and Shade being OP started. Now MK isn’t really OP, but hey - they weren’t just going to scrap their work.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • great event!!! generous camdy corn drops !!!! but to buy what ?? 20k for takumi skin and the rest to buy what??
  • gerfea wrote: »
    Also, confirmed 40 for each pvp victory - also used costumed toons, so likely really 20.

I’m only getting 20 in a pvp victory and that’s with one costumed undead hero (hansuke).

You really get 40?