Haunted Halls 2017: Candy Corn, Frightful Fun, and Spooky Spooks [Minor Text Bug Known]

Comments

• Joel wrote: »
    Can we please have confirmation if mats will be added to the shop?

Which materials and which shop (normal/event)?

The event shop. There are no materials to buy with candy corn.
    Can we please have confirmation if mats will be added to the shop?

Which materials and which shop (normal/event)?

@Joel can this please be confirmed? As it stands, there is one 20,000 skin to buy otherwise nothing in the event shop... (my totems are maxed)
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • MatadorGKilaMatadorGKila Member
    edited October 26
    Also, good way to stomp on your f2p players Boss Fight.
    You make all the skins in the event shop excluding Brom and Takumi/Executum's cost money.
    I get that it's the full unlock, but it doesn't even matter, they're in the portal.
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 60 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
  • rpger001rpger001 Member
    edited October 27
    Also, good way to stomp on your f2p players Boss Fight.
    You make all the skins in the event shop excluding Brom and Takumi/Executum's cost money.
    I get that it's the full unlock, but it doesn't even matter, they're in the portal.

What unlock are you talking about? They are just skins, no tokens. [EDIT: I have these heroes already so maybe they are offering a full unlock + skin that I am not seeing as I already have these heroes. All I saw before they were removed was 25 USD for the skin alone]

They often release pay for skins during the Halloween and Winter-fest events. Last year they offered the Ekko and Furnace skins during Halloween for 25 USD each. Both are now available for just playing the game without having to spend--assuming your guild will reach the Furnace Skin threshold. Wait a year and maybe the new Shade and Ponti skins will be available as quest rewards as well.
    Teal125
  • I feel like i'd be more likely to buy a new skin if it didn't cost $30. If there was an option for just the skin, no full unlock, for maybe 15-20 i'd buy it because this shade is adorable. but $30 just feels so prohibitive as a cost
  • Does anyone remember how much last year's skins cost? Wasn't ekko like $8 and furnace $15?
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Kinda like a monthly gem package at $3 is affordable, but $10 or $12 every 7 or 10 days? Yeah that ain’t gonna fly. You may get a few people to buy at the higher price, but you could have made significantly more money simply through volume by offering it at a lower rate.

Trust me, DB doesn't get that at all.
  • I always loved that this game offered a $2.99 pack. It always felt like a good value. Like a $3 monthly subscription. Too bad. I thought it was a good entry point for casual players to pay a little to support the game. I guess it wasn't working out that way.
  • I’ll echo others — where are the mats (crystals metals etc) in the shop ?

@Joel

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Seriously hope they bring the $3 deal back for daily gems... I wouldn't even care if they dropped the gem payout a bit, say 40 gems a day instead of 50. Just not anything lower. That was a huge selling point to me, since many other freemium games had daily gem/crystal/whatever deals, but they were much worse. As in, you'd basically be paying maybe just $1 less than what it would cost to buy the amount of gems they gave you over a month. DB seemed so much better in that regard, a monthly deal that was actually a deal.

Why can't we just have the new ones and the old one?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • kanofudo wrote: »
    I feel like i'd be more likely to buy a new skin if it didn't cost $30. If there was an option for just the skin, no full unlock, for maybe 15-20 i'd buy it because this shade is adorable. but $30 just feels so prohibitive as a cost

Just going to echo this sentiment... £20 (or whatever your local equivalent is) for Shade unlock & skin might be tempting if I didn't have him, but that price if you just want the skin, that's a bit steep for a mobile game. £10 or so for the skin only, maybe.

• Pretty sure something got screwed up somehow. At least three times now I've run a dungeon with costumed OE and Brom and only got 20 candy corn. Also, the sparkly pumpkin appearance has been nerfed. I was getting them left and right and now I can go several runs without any. Pretty sure it started after a "Dungeon Boss just got better" forced update a few hours ago.
  • PardonPardon Member
    edited October 27
    I am sorry to say @Joel @eej but people who takes marketing decision should be fired. The greedy against players won't make you go far.
    Unless the game is dying and you are trying to grab as much as you can faster this policy is crazy.
    You are raising alla prices without any reason and this way you will get money only from the same very few players who should have some problems in giving correct value to money.
    The 3$ daily gem was an example of a sort of monthly subscription at a very reasonable price...what now?????
    The prices of skins, pack runes and tokens are simply ridiculous. Is it possible that you can't understand it?
    Fire your marketing director and change policy and things will get much better for all of us...go on this way and soon we will have a game over.
    Last but not least, did everybody tell you the right euro/dollar exchange? In euro we should pay packs lee than in $ as the change is close to 1,2 but we pay more. This sounds to me like a bad scam....

P.S. abou game the event is ok but Masuta nerf now is not only useless after Shade, Solaris, Hopper & co. ...you just ruined a warrior with no reason
  • I'm agree... why destroy a hero like Masuta Kira (useless in pvp, after changing from undead to "Spirit" sevearl heroes ) even on PVE?
    If i wanna save the Death Blossom in a dungeon to use it against more enemies instead one,
    now with the "tenacious assault" sometimes it goes by itself. :/
  • Pardon wrote: »
    I am sorry to say @Joel @eej but people who takes marketing decision should be fired. The greedy against players won't make you go far.
    Unless the game is dying and you are trying to grab as much as you can faster this policy is crazy.
    You are raising alla prices without any reason and this way you will get money only from the same very few players who should have some problems in giving correct value to money.
    The 3$ daily gem was an example of a sort of monthly subscription at a very reasonable price...what now?????
    The prices of skins, pack runes and tokens are simply ridiculous. Is it possible that you can't understand it?
    Fire your marketing director and change policy and things will get much better for all of us...go on this way and soon we will have a game over.
    Last but not least, did everybody tell you the right euro/dollar exchange? In euro we should pay packs lee than in $ as the change is close to 1,2 but we pay more. This sounds to me like a bad scam....

P.S. abou game the event is ok but Masuta nerf now is not only useless after Shade, Solaris, Hopper & co. ...you just ruined a warrior with no reason

This.The price spikes are ridiculous

• Darious81 wrote: »
    Pretty sure something got screwed up somehow. At least three times now I've run a dungeon with costumed OE and Brom and only got 20 candy corn. Also, the sparkly pumpkin appearance has been nerfed. I was getting them left and right and now I can go several runs without any. Pretty sure it started after a "Dungeon Boss just got better" forced update a few hours ago.

I’m only getting 20 candy corn in both PVE and PVE when using heroes with costumes.

If I QL a dungeon, I only get 10.

Seems low overall.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Darious81 wrote: »
    Pretty sure something got screwed up somehow. At least three times now I've run a dungeon with costumed OE and Brom and only got 20 candy corn. Also, the sparkly pumpkin appearance has been nerfed. I was getting them left and right and now I can go several runs without any. Pretty sure it started after a "Dungeon Boss just got better" forced update a few hours ago.

I’m only getting 20 candy corn in both PVE and PVE when using heroes with costumes.

If I QL a dungeon, I only get 10.

Seems low overall.

I was getting a minimum of 40 with costumed heros. Then, all of a sudden it's down to 20.
  • Are there going to be any materials added to the shop? I see no crystals, no raw materials, etc
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited October 27
    Joel wrote: »
    Regarding materials in the event shop: We'll be adding those to the event shop later today. :)

Thank you for this.

For the MK nerf.. wow you guys are heavy handed. Him and Sifu gonna hang out together on my roster with Takumi and talk about DB hating on ninjas and samurai.

• Jabber is now more useful than MK. Wow. Just wow.
  • Thank you for your answers Joel :)
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited October 27
    I must agree. A number of recent changes, including the elimination of the very affordable shop stamina bonus, continue to send the message that this game is not designed for a player like me. I do wish DB success in catering to whatever demographic they're targeting.

Recently the auto-stop-on-harm-death was changed, and now major MK changes, all of which make my gaming experience less enjoyable and more difficult. Continued emphasis on success of guilds that have all active and cooperative members also work against those of us who cannot currently engage in the "voice chat" these guilds rely on for their success. Apparently in this environment there is no other way of getting the information one needs from more expert players to succeed. The game also seems to base improvements on a select few powerful players and guilds, or at least it seems that way, which also sends a message.

Spending $$$ should be used to speed up and augment the player experience - requiring players to pay real money to demonstrate their cooperation with the guild or through implied shaming also don't create an atmosphere that is enjoyable to people like me. I assume we're going to see the invasion model used frequently in upcoming events,,,

But that's just me. And I'm just one type of player.

(Rendering MK no longer viable as my lead PVP player and rendering Zomm less powerful had an impact on my play. My skill/enjoyment of PVP was already fairly low.)
  • @sirtainly voice chats aren't needed man. Just hit up a good guild or ask some of us for invites to multi-guild PvP chats on Line. I'm free to play as well, and not feeling anywhere near the stress level you're going through.

Regarding materials in the event shop: We'll be adding those to the event shop later today. :)

Cheers, good news :)
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army

The purchases already in the shop are for the "usual" amounts (10,000 for totem pack, for example). The candy corn rewards are not of the same amounts as event tickets often are. Will all the material packages have their cost adjusted to match up with anticipated rewards, or will they stay the same?
  • So it’s 7pm cst

No materials
    No Zomm epic

Lovely. Guess we won’t have those until Monday 3pm or something.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The Zomm Epic should be out now. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »
    The Zomm Epic should be out now. :)

But they closed Pestilence Island on Saturday again.

Because the last ten times this mistake happened weren't enough to remind them