Gem Subscription Updates

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Hey everyone,

We're making some changes to the format of our gem subscription purchases.

PLEASE NOTE: If you currently have an ongoing gem subscription, it will continue to pay out normally until the end of your 30 days, but you will not be able to buy a new subscription of the old model.

Instead of our old subscription that paid out 50 gems each day for 30 days, we now have two options: A 7-day subscription that pays out 100 on purchase and an additional 100 every day (for a total of 800 gems), and a 10-day subscription that pays out 200 on purchase and an additional 200 every day (for a total of 2200 gems).
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Old subscription 3.5 euros for 1500 gems, new subscription 12 euros for 2000 gems.Nice change.....NOT.You have lost a customer that has been buying daily gems for almost 2 years
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 26
    Yikes.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Lol
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    You get the gems quicker so impatient people don't have to wait as long to do a summon if that's how they play :3
  • That's how the kids roll these days.. it's all about instant gratification
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
    The way I see it, this allows people to not have to grind as much or wait as long to be able to do something. Having a life doesn't always leave time to play because, adulting sucks.
  • Guess I'll be spending THAT on a different game from now on! Oh, well!
  • The way I see it, this allows people to not have to grind as much or wait as long to be able to do something. Having a life doesn't always leave time to play because, adulting sucks.

Logging in and clicking accept is grinding? If so you are playing the wrong game.

I'm pretty annoyed by the change, why not leave the old option for those that wanted it?
  • If the money grabs are getting to be too much, perhaps it's time to move on. I think I may have found my next game, Game of Thrones: conquest.
  • I saw that in the App Store, how is it?
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
    It just doesn't make any logical sense. Maybe I just don't understand how money works, but wouldn't there be literally no downside to just keeping the $3 deal and adding these new ones? All you're doing is removing a potential option for people to pay. If someone only has $5 extra to spend on games at the end of the month, they'll buy the $3 deal. But since you removed it, customers like them won't be able to buy anything anymore.

Seriously, what was your thought process on this? Do you think by removing the $3 one, you're forcing people to pay for these new deals? All you're doing is driving people away. More options to pay money = more money. It's that simple.
  • I am glad that people agree with me.Its nothing short of a lame money grab.i hope the old subscription method reappears asap
  • And of course this was done right after they introduced boss invasions into the game which in the name of something fun for your guild to due requires to be a guild to have all its members to spend about 2000 gems a day for 3-4 days to be really competitive.... the first one started out giving the rune at a lower level of points and then the second one moved the rune to double the points to get it so people had to spend more gems to get it. We can all see where the direction of this game is going. These are not changes for the benefit of the player base these are changes for the benefit of the games income. I don't mind game income, in fact I've probably spent more on this game than any other I've ever played (don't ask me why). BUT EVERY SINGLE GAME I'VE PLAYED where the costs increase and increase for the same or less pay off and become more frequent looses players, looses income, and eventually goes away. The last one I played that did that kept creeping along with guild after guild folding into each other until there were about 2 guilds actually playing the game at any significant level and none of them were putting money in, there hadn't been an update in months, and the devs even stopped commenting on their message boards. It was dead just no one had pulled the plug yet.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
  • It is really simple. If you do not like the purchase structure, don't spend money. If after 2 months very few people are buying the packages compared to the old packages, and they are making less money, then they will put the old packages back. If on the other hand, folks are desperate for gems and impatient to get them and the income goes up these packages will stay. It is not complicated. It is just a game and patience is a virtue (some say.)
    litespeed
  • It is really simple. If you do not like the purchase structure, don't spend money. If after 2 months very few people are buying the packages compared to the old packages, and they are making less money, then they will put the old packages back. If on the other hand, folks are desperate for gems and impatient to get them and the income goes up these packages will stay. It is not complicated. It is just a game and patience is a virtue (some say.)

I dunno man. There are some really terrible gold packages still available in the shop. You think people actually buy those?
  • Very very bad idea. As I wrote it in another post you should fire the genius who got this awful idea because he know nothing about marketing.
    You cancelled a sort of "monthly subscription" option to another money grab pack, raising dramatically the price for gem...
    And please explain to the genius who decide prizes how much is the exchange between euro and dollar
    It is really simple. If you do not like the purchase structure, don't spend money. If after 2 months very few people are buying the packages compared to the old packages, and they are making less money, then they will put the old packages back. If on the other hand, folks are desperate for gems and impatient to get them and the income goes up these packages will stay. It is not complicated. It is just a game and patience is a virtue (some say.)

If patience is a virtue then why don’t they just bring back the 30-day purchase??
  • I have boughten the daily gem pack for well over 700 days. I felt like I was supporting the game but now the game has turned into a money grab. I won’t be purchasing any more gems. FTP from now on.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    It is really simple. If you do not like the purchase structure, don't spend money. If after 2 months very few people are buying the packages compared to the old packages, and they are making less money, then they will put the old packages back. If on the other hand, folks are desperate for gems and impatient to get them and the income goes up these packages will stay. It is not complicated. It is just a game and patience is a virtue (some say.)

I dunno man. There are some really terrible gold packages still available in the shop. You think people actually buy those?
    you would be surprised what people waste money on. Personally I find it hard to believe folks think that spending money on this game is an investment and am constantly suprised at how much money folks spend, like you could buy a good used car for what they spend because they can't control themselves.

If patience is a virtue then why don’t they just bring back the 30-day purchase??
    If you are patient and no one spends on the new package they just might, wait for it....

litespeed
  • I'm so mad that I had to make an account to point that. I don't like spending real money in mobile games especially f2p but I was STRONGLY CONSIDERING gem subscription. You know, only 3$, nice value and boost.
    But there is no fkn way I'm going to spend 12$. In my country its a lot money after currency conversion. So I said to myself "it's ok I can still enjoy game in f2p mode" BUT...
    now I saw they want to add runes to pwntower because quote: "its too easy getting 300 gems everyday and It should be challannging" (its 275 :|). They are soooooo money hungry. They want to force us to BUY those gems making harder pwn which was the main source for grind. We have no idea how it will look... Now we can get full attack runes ponti on every room or full def furnance :|?
    You get 275 gems after beating room 12 and before it all you get is 125gems and I don't know how about the rest but I get some crazy combos on higher floors like shade+hopper+solaris. I'm just so disgusted with fact that they want to do both this things. I'm sorry guys but everyday grind is fun only if its rewarding, you willl probably loose some casual players. It still takes 10 days to buy x10 summon only doing pwn and I will not even mention runes...
  • Well I used to buy the $3 a month sub.. now I guess I won't be buying any gem subs.

I hope this helps Big Fish / Boss Fight in the long run. These last few weeks have felt like Boss Fight is on the verge of bankruptcy and trying to make drastic changes to increase revenue.

I've spent far more on this game then I like to think about.. but before I was happy to invest funds. Now I'm feeling more and more bitter.

DB should do a GoFundMe or a Patreon to get them back on stable financial ground. Then they’ll have the money to actually make good, fair events and content that will entice people to spend money, instead of having to rely on lousy cash grabs.

It’s a slippery slope. You don’t make enough money, you can’t make cool content to get players to spend. But on the flip side, if they had just listened and gave us al the content we had been asking for, we would’ve happily shoveled out money and they could continue to produce good content.
  • if i ever got tempted to buy something in this game to support, it was this 3 euro bundle. no more temptation XD
    Don't worry guys, Pepsi original might be gone and replaced with a new crappy Pepsi GOLD, but eventually Pepsi Classic will be available with the same flavor as the original at half the price AND both will be available on the market and you can enjoy them both at the same time!
  • if i ever got tempted to buy something in this game to support, it was this 3 euro bundle. no more temptation XD
    EXACTLY! I don’t spend money on mobile games ever. I made a 1 time exemption for the $3 daily gems. Dungeon Boss is shooting themselves in the foot by taking this option away.

• BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited October 29
    Such a shame. Unless you bring back the $3 monthly package I'm done sending money on this game.

This just looks desperate and grasping.
  • @JaxBoomstick great summary.

It’s a shame that this game is heading this direction. There have been some good improvements, but definitely more bad changes and ignored/broken promises.
  • bwubbwub Member
    I, for one, will not be renewing my subscription.