Something Going on with the Tower?

I haven't run a tower for a few weeks, but lvl 59 heroes are working over my lvl 70 heroes. Has something changed in the tower recently?

Comments

• Yes, it is broken. All of my level 70 good heroes were dead by level 6. Most noticeable was viperia getting her immunity bubble without any other gorgons dieing.
  • Now that you mention it, my heavily runed heroes were dying a lot to lower level teams.
  • I just saw an enemy with the regen rune, so I assume they now have runes?
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • I've seen a lot of that. And i have observed that the heroes of the tower that attack me do not spend their skill. They can use them repeatedly and without cooling should not wait to have them again. They can use them infinitely. So, they are immortal.
  • heelerheeler Member
    edited October 27
    Our guild members, all level 70, noticed this last night and today as well. Lots of heroes getting killed by level 60 enemies.
    Post edited by heeler on
  • I just saw an enemy with the regen rune, so I assume they now have runes?

This, I think. Seems like tower defense have runes, and my offense doesn't. That's the kind of disparity I'm seeing from how it was running previously.
  • My thought was that Tower no longer counts as PVP, making runes with "..in PVP" less useful.
    I hope it's not both xP
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Just got word that the tower enemies now have runes. A welcomed change, honestly. Was way too easy before.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Welcome for end gamers not folks developing their rosters. This will cause more ire and in my opinion should have followed the MK nerf by a few weeks not at the exact time that quests require folks to run it. Just bad decisions.
    litespeed
  • ODPODP Member
    Just got word that the tower enemies now have runes. A welcomed change, honestly. Was way too easy before.

Just got word from where? A change like this is in dire need of an official announcement.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited October 30
    ODP wrote: »

Just got word from where? A change like this is in dire need of an official announcement.

Official announcement: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56954/tower-of-pwnage-change-runic-rumble/p1

It was announced albeit a day after the change was implemented.
  • I experienced the same stuff. Lower level heroes putting in work.. luckily some nice chap in public chat told me that they enabled runes for the tower heroes
  • well it is better than fighting bait teams with runes. I also wish there was another use for pwnage points, like buying a random special rune (survivor, guardian, incendiary) for around 75,000 or 100,000 points. That would seem worth it
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • well it is better than fighting bait teams with runes. I also wish there was another use for pwnage points, like buying a random special rune (survivor, guardian, incendiary) for around 75,000 or 100,000 points. That would seem worth it
    The PWN shop needs an update. They need to rotate Shade and Koros tokens (calling out ferno), add Yorick’s skin (and others?) and I wouldn’t be opposed to rotating greater/superior runes.

The PWN shop needs an update. They need to rotate Shade and Koros tokens (calling out ferno), add Yorick’s skin (and others?) and I wouldn’t be opposed to rotating greater/superior runes.

Agreed, definitely needs an update. Put Ferno in there, maybe some mats too. I might even consider spending another $24 to get me VIP 5 if the 50% discount on the new hero (ie Ferno) applied.

• shiggity80 wrote: »
    well it is better than fighting bait teams with runes. I also wish there was another use for pwnage points, like buying a random special rune (survivor, guardian, incendiary) for around 75,000 or 100,000 points. That would seem worth it

Agreed, definitely needs an update. Put Ferno in there, maybe some mats too. I might even consider spending another $24 to get me VIP 5 if the 50% discount on the new hero (ie Ferno) applied.

Yea, I started playing back in February (L57), and have a 6* Shade and 6* Koros from the Tower (obviously Yorick, lol). Closing in on a 6* Astrid, then it's the random every day heroes + a celestial if I feel like it.

I'd also like to see the tokens on each floor randomize once you've 6* Yorick. 60-70 aether is boring; other tokens are not.