Koros breath has been nerfed

2»

Comments

• Ty
  • The only reason I have evidence about shade is because it visible but I believe koros breath hits weaker since drench event plz look into him. I feel there a handful of heroes living through breath like Daeris. Shades easier to argue because i don't see a trigger but trying to argue why torchy trades 1/5hp for a super koros breath is near impossible because everyone will say runes and hp boost and I'm over here like and how that 1/5th torchy hp and not atleast half or more or dead? Also u work for the game look into my replays that I sent DAreis dies cept when receiving a x2magical it makes me think maybe koros codes r wacky and that any time he blows his breath he hands out free 25dr magical hidden boost that sometimes aren't so hidden showing up on true magical trigger. Would explain everything cause I see difference on sb too. I'm well aware some people are runed capable of eating koros hits I'm jus saying their health bar should b a little lower afterwards or in cases like shade DAreis ALOT lower. And all I ever wanted was answers cause I have been uneasy about koros breath since the pvp event and when I ask a friend about it he said he noticed same thing and wondered why no mention of it on forums. So here I came to visit the forums. If u look into koros and he not broke or is broke I'll love u for doing that for me. But in my gut I know I'm right
  • So wait. I was WRONG!?!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Don't kno they looking into it
  • dprlyc54jxza.jpeg
    This makes me furious... Attack boosted koros can't even take out a shade? I'm filling out a ticket for this nonsense. For the record, it was a 3/2 shade and zomm wasn't full dr or anything crazy like that. This was supposed to be an easy win, but instead I lost my streak and almost smashed my phone
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 3
    Yeah, that’s not right. @DB_Dillon time to do some forensics.

ETA: Aha. It’s Astrid. The Caster defense buff is in play.

ETA: Nevermind. It’s severely broken. My 4/1 Shade just survived a blast from ODP’s Koros. @ODP, what kind of a rune build do you have on your Koros?
    Post edited by FatCat69 on
  • Don't break a phone over an 8streak so no worth it.
  • Hi Jason!

I think people need to be clear about these issues.

The shade thing - if he isn't taking 2x dmg that's a bug.

Zomm is a different matter, my zomm is pretty tanky 2/3 build with 50% def boost from Astrid and NOT magic. He should not die from Koros aoe.

Koros aoe is only especially powerful vs magical heroes, otherwise it's just a normal attack with bonus of Purge.

I think it is confusing for the devs to conflate these 2 things
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 3
    More broken proof.

2om44i5qtc5b.png

Here’s me after nusmee’s Koros hit my team. Pretty sure Shade should be dead and Ekko should be at 1hp at this point. Instead, they were all in good spirits, chatting about the weather and what everyone had planned for this weekend. They do not appear to be impressed or afraid of that monster.

@nusmee2, what does your rune build look like?
  • wzangwzang Member
    edited November 3
    What if we consider 5 purple superior champions with 50% monster DR?

@jason58 you must be new, seeing @ace_1650cp should always give you pause. He's been a top 5 pvp mind for 2 years and may unofficially have the best defense record all time
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • wzangwzang Member
    edited November 3
    Also noticing he didn't crit at all on Shade. Essentially taking double the damage that Zomm took.

Koros is attack build but zero modified damage. Attack only goes so far, you'll need to balance that out with some pvp damage or created runes.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • wzangwzang Member
    More thoughts. Take Zomm because I can easily guess that build. You're looking at 10000 defense and probably 20% monster DR versus an 11000 attack buffed Koros with zero plus damage. The attack on Zomm looks right. Maybe it's a visual bug that the magical trait doesn't show for Shade but consider the damage is twice as much
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • ace_1650cp wrote: »
    Hi Jason!

Zomm is a different matter, my zomm is pretty tanky 2/3 build with 50% def boost from Astrid and NOT magic. He should not die from Koros aoe.

Koros aoe is only especially powerful vs magical heroes, otherwise it's just a normal attack with bonus of Purge.

I didn't notice that they took 'magical' away from zomm. That definitely clears half of it up :) thanks
    wzang wrote: »
    More thoughts. Take Zomm because I can easily guess that build. You're looking at 10000 defense and probably 20% monster DR versus an 11000 attack buffed Koros with zero plus damage. The attack on Zomm looks right. Maybe it's a visual bug that the magical trait doesn't show for Shade but consider the damage is twice as much
    Maybe you didn't see that I buffed koros's attack with bauble? If everything was working as it should, I doubt there's a shade in the game that can live through that.
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    edited November 3
    Edit: No longer relevant.
    Post edited by ScoutYo on
  • DB_DillonDB_Dillon Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    So looking through this thread, the main issue appears to be damage to shade from koros.
    • We're fixing shade's magical to function properly
    • We're removing the same effect from Yorick and Zomm
    • The x2 Magical is intended. In that picture, the Koros is Fired Up by Furnace. Fired Up makes him deal a second hit on his attacks. We stack flyoffs that happen at the same time, so it shows up at x2 instances of magical proccing on the character. This does not reduce any one instance of damage twice, but reduces two instances of damage once.

If there's anything else I missed, let me know! (That ekko looks like he's got some heavy DR. Checked his tags and he looks okay. Aura Eater doesn't deal extra damage to all casters, Koros doesn't need the help :P )
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    edited November 3
    @DB_Dillon Aura Eater doesn't seem to be showing up whenever Koros hits Solaris, either (with an attack other than Pyre, obviously). Maybe the issue is with Magical generally and not just limited to Shade?
  • DB_DillonDB_Dillon Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    ScoutYo wrote: »
    @DB_Dillon Aura Eater doesn't seem to be showing up whenever Koros hits Solaris, either (with an attack other than Pyre, obviously). Maybe the issue is with Magical generally and not just limited to Shade?

Good catch! Unfortunately this issue is occurring on a character by character basis right now. I'm making a fix that should fix all of them at once.
  • Awesome, thanks. @DB_Dillon
  • Thank you. I wouldn’t depend on us to diagnose the details. The code base should expose the real issue.
  • wzangwzang Member
    jason58 wrote: »
    ace_1650cp wrote: »
    Hi Jason!

I didn't notice that they took 'magical' away from zomm. That definitely clears half of it up :) thanks
    wzang wrote: »
    Maybe you didn't see that I buffed koros's attack with bauble? If everything was working as it should, I doubt there's a shade in the game that can live through that.

I did notice which I estimated 11000 attack. But if the magical bonus isn't working correctly that could be it. Also a 5 superior champ SHade with monster DR and Astrid is going to survive
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Wait, okay, no. I'm thoroughly confused.

You mean your system isn't built to, on attack, read the target's tags and determine if the tag list contains "Magical"? It's hard-coded per hero on Koros? I just... all of my what.

Does this relate to why hero-sorting is an impossible task? I'm so, so morbidly curious to look under-the-hood at this game's structure... it reeks of software gore.
  • Thanks Dillion.
  • danacdanac Member
    coneyK wrote: »
    it reeks of software gore.

I hate when software killers leave a mess behind.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    You guys should see the .txt files for Diablo II. All the mpq archives are filled with mistranslations, unused code and just stuff that doesn't even work the same way in game.
  • One bug to look into is that when an enemy shade possesses lord Zomm (if you have Hansuke on your team,) apparently after Zomm gets possessed by the enemy shade, Zomm used Taste for Brains to kill a hero & strangely, attacked a random hero afterwards even though there was no Hansuke on the enemy team.

The bug: Lord Zomm cannot attack a random hero after killing a hero if possessed by an enemy shade when the enemy shade does not have Hansuke on his team.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • wzangwzang Member
    One bug to look into is that when an enemy shade possesses lord Zomm (if you have Hansuke on your team,) apparently after Zomm gets possessed by the enemy shade, Zomm used Taste for Brains to kill a hero & strangely, attacked a random hero afterwards even though there was no Hansuke on the enemy team.

The bug: Lord Zomm cannot attack a random hero after killing a hero if possessed by an enemy shade when the enemy shade does not have Hansuke on his team.

I agree with this but don't think it's a bug. You get what you paid for, meaning you inherit the runes, passives and synergies from the hero.
    9gJSaHl.gif
2»