(Updated) Lord Zomm's Guide to Total Zomminionation (by Apocalyptus)

ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
edited November 13 in General Discussion
If your reading this, you obviously have a lot of Juicy Brraaaiiiiinnnzz (again Zomm... Stop touching the keyboard with your disease ridden claws.)

But anyway, I did some field work in regards to Lord Zomm's "From the Grave Passive" so here is what you need to know:
  • From the Grave Allows lord Zomm to summon up to 3 Zomminions at once on his turn for each dead ally.
  • Lord Zomm's Epic allows his Zomminions to Use their abilities immediately. (They start charged.)
  • They have Soulless Scourge (which makes them immune to Wound, Poison, Disease & Venom debuffs along with life stealing for 25% of the damage they deal.)
  • The Zomminions are "Slow" Which means they have more HP & Attack points as well as a chance to Retaliate against physical attackers.
  • There is 5 different types of Zomminions that are tied to the dead allies Tags. (Rogue, Healer, Warrior, Tank & Caster.)
  • The Warrior Zomminion is Equipped with a Deadly Scythe & uses the "Skull Slasher" ability which hits twice.
  • The Healer Zomminion is Equipped with a Healers Stave & used the "Heal Ally" Ability.
  • The Tank Zomminion has a Sword & Shield & can use a "Taunt" ability. (The taunt can be purged, taken by shades Spirit Link ability or bypassed completely with the Blind Eye passive.)
  • The Caster Zomminion is Equipped with a Staff, has the Mystical Passive & uses the "Dark Blast" ability which has a chance to disease the target.
  • The Rogue Zomminion is Equipped with a Bow & uses the "Evasive Shot" ability.
  • Zomminions Spawn on Zomm's First turn even if their corpse is Removed, Consumed by Hopper, Etc.

(Important): A Zomminions statistics are directly tied to Lord Zomm's Stats, Epic & Runes! in one instance (because I have a Rune Equipped that grants poison skin.) when one of the enemies in the pestilence spiral attacked one of my Zomminions with a physical melee attack, they got Poisoned. That gave me a clear Impression that the Zomminions power is directly linked to Lord Zomm himself, so tread carefully, lest you get your Brains eaten by a power hungry Lord of the Dead.
Total Zomminionation.
Post edited by Apocalyptus on

Comments

• no wonder my zominions could hit as hard as a truck...
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 30
    Hey, we thought you were dead! Welcome back!

Anyways, because their stats are linked to Zomm, what types of allies should we be pairing with Zomm? Could it be viable to send crappy heroes like Sifu and Selwyn with Zomm, so they die and essentially become statistically better allies? Or should we send in Tanks and rune Zomm for bulk?

Also, would Sifu be a Warrior or a Healer? How's that work for multi-class heroes?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • As I mentioned on another thread, it's worth knowing that Zomminions count as team members for the purposes of reckoning stars. In other words, you could lose all your team but Zomm, and you'll still three-star the dungeon if you've got a full complement of Zomminions at the end.
  • Oh, and also, Zomminions work even if the corpse of the original hero has been destroyed. So this is Hopper-proof (and the like), which also makes it that much more viable.
  • @JackHallow666 I assume that it works the same way as it does with Buable. I'm pretty sure Warrior has priority.
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc.
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
    Photo provided by Jackhallow666.
  • @JackHallow666 its random, tested with kozar before, a warrior popped up once, and a tank popped up another time in pave dungeons. I'm also sure corpse removal effects will randomize the next minion to spawn.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • Zomminions don't resurrect back to normal after a few rounds right?
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Zomminions don't resurrect back to normal after a few rounds right?

They just revive themselves after 1 round of being dead, I believe. But they don't come back as the hero they were before, they stay a Zomminion.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Zomminions don't resurrect back to normal after a few rounds right?

They just revive themselves after 1 round of being dead, I believe. But they don't come back as the hero they were before, they stay a Zomminion.

It seems they respawn during zomm's action, I've noticed they don't come if zomm has been frozen.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • Hey, we thought you were dead! Welcome back!

Anyways, because their stats are linked to Zomm, what types of allies should we be pairing with Zomm? Could it be viable to send crappy heroes like Sifu and Selwyn with Zomm, so they die and essentially become statistically better allies? Or should we send in Tanks and rune Zomm for bulk?

Also, would Sifu be a Warrior or a Healer? How's that work for multi-class heroes?

When it comes down to being a Master of the Undead, I have a nasty habit of Rising from the Grave (it was mostly because masuta kira was overpowered before the "Spooky Update" but now, the dead are rising & they need their #1 Undead Player.)

As for multi-class heroes, I think it ties down to RNG, because I honestly did not experiment with that part.

Another thing though, when a Zomminion rises, they will sometimes show the Relentless Horde or Chilling Touch Passives if Hansuke or King Yorick are on the team respectively.
    Total Zomminionation.
    Okay, here's a question I've had on my mind for a while now:

You say his minion's stats are based off his own, right? If that's true, if Zomm stays alive for a while and buffs his Max Health a lot (let's say 200% just for reference), will his Zomminions reflect that in their stats? What I'm asking, I guess, is if Max Health increases carry over.

And if so, can his minions gain Max Health from there? There's a cap to how much a hero's Health can be increased. I think it actually is 200%. Let's say it is. So if Zomm buffs his own Health to 200%, then an attack wipes out his allies, his minions will have the same Health as him (200% of his regular). Now, does the Health of any one minion keep the data that it was increased, or does it simply copy the nominal value and reset the Health increase "meter"? As in, can Zomm buff their Max Health on top of what it already is?

Cuz if so, that would be crazy if you pulled it off. Imagine buffing Zomm's health to 200% of 8,000, so 16,000. Then his minions would have 16,000 Health each. Then he could buff their Health to 200% of its original again and get them to 32,000... Please tell me this is how it works.
  • li30li30 Member
    As for multi-class heroes, I think it ties down to RNG, because I honestly did not experiment with that part.

I had a match, noticed 2nd time the minions spawned, their type different than previous type, could it be RNG ?
  • Okay, here's a question I've had on my mind for a while now:

You say his minion's stats are based off his own, right? If that's true, if Zomm stays alive for a while and buffs his Max Health a lot (let's say 200% just for reference), will his Zomminions reflect that in their stats? What I'm asking, I guess, is if Max Health increases carry over.

And if so, can his minions gain Max Health from there? There's a cap to how much a hero's Health can be increased. I think it actually is 200%. Let's say it is. So if Zomm buffs his own Health to 200%, then an attack wipes out his allies, his minions will have the same Health as him (200% of his regular). Now, does the Health of any one minion keep the data that it was increased, or does it simply copy the nominal value and reset the Health increase "meter"? As in, can Zomm buff their Max Health on top of what it already is?

Cuz if so, that would be crazy if you pulled it off. Imagine buffing Zomm's health to 200% of 8,000, so 16,000. Then his minions would have 16,000 Health each. Then he could buff their Health to 200% of its original again and get them to 32,000... Please tell me this is how it works.

It depends on the scenario, it can be partly pulled off in a PvE dungeon but otherwise in PVP, No way.

Plus you could probably speed up the process if you had about 3 Zomminions & you used a rotation of taste for brains on enemies while using Fillet Zomminions to buff Zomm's own health by 25% plus another 25% for each Zomminion snacrificed. Rounding it up to nearly 100% with 3 Zomminions. Then, after reaching the cap, one may only use taste for brains to buff the max health of the Zomminions along with Zomm's epic which also buffs Undead Max health. I honestly would not know the outcome of this theory but others are welcome to try.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • I love the way that Zomminions appear if there are blank hero slots no matter what. I just had a game in which a Zomminion replaced a character who fled (it was Executum who fled, and he was replaced with a caster Zomminion, interestingly), and in which the enemy Shade possessed one of my Zomminions who had been killed and not yet resurrected by Zomm. Zomm still conjured up a new Zomminion to replace the possessed one even while it was still being possessed.

In some ways, this whole system is more powerful than resurrection.
  • Just repeating this here, so everything zomminion stays together:

Sorry, didn't see until recently. I didn't test the fourth rune stat aspect you mentioned, so can't comment one way or the other on that. However, at least when the corpse isn't removed, it does appear that the stats are based on the original hero rather than Zomm.

The test I did involved running Zomm (fully runed), Sir William (no runes), and Phemus (fully runed). Zomm's attack rating was 5390, Phemus was 3764 and Sir William was 1755. I ran the same PvE dungeon repeatedly to get consistent data by attacking the same type/level mob. Before any minions appeared, Zomm was doing (non critical) damage of about 3100 per attack, Phemus was at 1500 and Sir William at 310.

After Phemus and William were turned in to minions, their damage on normal attacks remained generally the same as before they were minions. Phemus was still around 1500 and William around 300. At least in PvE, and when the corpse is not removed, it appears that Zomm's stats don't affect the minions. It could be that in PvP things are different, but I haven't tested. It could also be that Zomm 4th rune stats play a part, but again I haven't personally tested.

I'll try to do a bit more testing to see if I can find out more.