Defense AI upgrade shade+solaris

Can we please program shade to stop targeting spirit immune for no reason. And can we please stop having bird AI kill itself turn 3 on purpose. I understand a lot of players have trouble beatin shade and or Solaris but making their AI play like a noob isn't going to make anyone a better player jus more dependent on dungeon boss solving their combat problems

Comments

• i'm pretty sure the targetting algorithms are not something we can just toggle over night.
    That being said, shade targets my bunny nearly every raid - so it cant be something as simple as moronic AI doing its thing.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • I kinda believe throwing Ekko on the team and holding back on not killing all of Solaris's teammates is part of the strategy.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • Please, don't. Solaris and shade are already god-tier.
  • DbdefDbdef Member
    The answer is no toon should be 100% immune to anything. Maybe a trait with 75% reduction of spirit damage instead. That would prevent a lot of the Solaris stalemates and the AI completely wasting turns in PVP.
  • Nate I understand they are god tier and hard to beat. But making their AI play like a noob isn't going to better anyone's play skill.
  • Skill is kind of moot at this point though, isn't it? There's not a lot of terrible skill involved in running whatever new god-tier hero the devs decide they want to change the meta with. You can have the tactical "skill", but it won't make much difference unless you got the runes. The difference between the best runed teams and the poorly runed teams is absolutely massive.
  • Nate-skill might have something to do with the gap between runes and their power. Maybe skill extends as far as what you spend your resources on what runes u craft and how many of them u craft who u let wear them. Yes some heroes are better than others but that not what this post is about. This post is about two heroes being operated on defense like their clueless. And how being able to beat clueless doesn't give any one a clue. Challenging ourselves is how we grow. If I can watch my replays of my defense and others and learn from them I'd like to not watch a shade attack a ekko off of the rip cause who does that? What's learned? How to exploit the AI. Baiting the AI for a victory if that's how the devs want it so be it. I'm jus saying no one is going to become a better player from the process.
  • dude some guy attacked me with his shade and he kept on trying to kill my solaris with his shade, fix players then ai
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • danacdanac Member
    Nate-skill might have something to do with the gap between runes and their power. Maybe skill extends as far as what you spend your resources on what runes u craft and how many of them u craft who u let wear them. Yes some heroes are better than others but that not what this post is about. This post is about two heroes being operated on defense like their clueless. And how being able to beat clueless doesn't give any one a clue. Challenging ourselves is how we grow. If I can watch my replays of my defense and others and learn from them I'd like to not watch a shade attack a ekko off of the rip cause who does that? What's learned? How to exploit the AI. Baiting the AI for a victory if that's how the devs want it so be it. I'm jus saying no one is going to become a better player from the process.

...nah.
    You do have some people with greats kill who constantly experiment and come up with new teams. Then you have about 90% of the hi end users who join guilds with those and copy their teams. What's more, as of now, runes and rng are *far* more important than skill in matches.

• I'm still confused why an ai shade is unable to use any abilities if a construct is taunting, not that I'm complaining, makes opponents easy but still seems like a really big oversight to ignore for this long
  • danacdanac Member
    He spirit links now when taunt is up, but he won't possess.
  • Extreme-reality is for someone to win someone must lose. There are a ton of players that fail at this game. I jus spend my time trying not to be one. How we fix players is find a nice way to tell em they a loser and to step their game up if they wanna win. I can only hope that the reason why these heroes play like noobs on defense is not on purpose to favor crybabies that say everything is too hard or too unfair when in reality they don't wanna accept losing.
  • Danac secret information isn't skill. Who cares who copies who team. Winning is winning. There boss 100 replay videos for a reason so that you "know" what people are using! So playtesting and moving stuff around to find the best team to then share with ur guild and then ride to victory is great approach but acting like the information should b top secret is a joke. I started this game in maRch and I would scan boss 100and find the best records and watch whenever they go on multiple raids and I would watch "setlist" a lot and I had an idea of which heroes I should save gems for. But when a new heroes comes out I am trying on my own to best use them and I will look anywhere for information boss 100replays guild replays friend replays I'll do revenges jus to test. And I remember when ekko got reworked and everyone said he wasn't pvp viable bla bla I finally full ascended my ekko and lost over 40fights before I had a Great team of shade ekko furnace buable and I boss 100 with 3.5k rune power preying on shade teams. And I would revenge people who were 5.59 and win. 1week later tons of players were on the "volt" team. It was so good up till Solaris. But if the team is a winner eventually more people will come to that understanding. But the difference between building a team and piloting a team is a builder will always be able to build and a pilot will always need something to pilot. I play this game to win if ur team wins better than my team I'll use it. Only a idiot would continue to run a losing team just to say "well I didn't copy nobody". I'll continue to do whatever I can to climb even higher on this game. But I can watch boss 100vids all day of people with great teams great records top guild memberships play horrible don't count moves use specs jus because they have the spec. Spec a pig who haunted Using sb and lose the fight 10mjns later cause of that miss play. When all it woulda took was normal attack save spec t2 kill Solaris, I've seen countless players spiritlink late fight or soul devour jus to have Solaris undo it 2nd move. And those r the players I believe u speak about the ones that don't kno squat except how to ask someone in their guild for information and at end of the day if u can't think for urself than you'll become dependent on someone else's answers and soon enough the only part of their account that truely their build is their password.