Don’t Spend Your Candy Corn!

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Don’t! Spend it! Save it up!

Okay I actually have no idea if there’s gonna be a last-day special. I don’t get info on that stuff. But! They’ve done it in the past!

Follow my advice or not, but I feel they may put something extra special in the candy corn shop on the last day. Again, I don’t actually know if they will. But even if they don’t, what difference does it make? You can still buy the stuff you were gonna buy anyways.

Just a heads up for you all. I remember one time they did something like that and everyone was upset that there was no warning. And if there’s is, you’ll be prepared!
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    ...Yorik skin, smh.

And I'd been spending mine to upgrade zomm.

I *did* notice today they put Zomm's Halloween skin in the shop for cash. Wasn't there earlier.

• Can't see this happening.. the forums will go into meltdown :|
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • more money? well at least it is cheaper than the shade and ponti one. Makes sense since it is older, and cooler...
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • I was hoping zomm’s skin would be available for candy corn or questline on Halloween. Seeing it in the shop for $15 dashed those hopes.

Will DB’s grinch heart grow 3 sizes this day? No, I think not :disappointed:
  • It is Halloween. Miracles can happen. ;)
  • BlothBloth Member
    They won’t
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Bloth wrote: »
    They won’t

You don’t know they won’t for sure!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    BF has been very generous. At least 50 guilds will be getting corrupted hearts. That is 2,500 hearts. All BF gets in return for their generosity is between 3,750,000 and 5,500,000 gems depending whether the players use the Greater or Superior heath plan to get rid of the corrupted heart.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited October 31
    Hansuke's skin wasn't in the shop originally for me. He popped up a couple days ago. I am now 40,000 corn poorer and 1 Shogun Hansuke costume richer.

Thanks DB for putting his skin in there!

• bvs72 wrote: »
    BF has been very generous. At least 50 guilds will be getting corrupted hearts. That is 2,500 hearts. All BF gets in return for their generosity is between 3,750,000 and 5,500,000 gems depending whether the players use the Greater or Superior heath plan to get rid of the corrupted heart.

Right? It's almost odd we treat corrupted hearts like a reward. "And for the top prize you get.... *drumroll* an ultra-rare item that can be combined with $20 and a crapton of other materials into something decent! Congratulations!!!!!"

No wonder we never see it on the price is right, they don't let you even guess negative values.
    centralcommand
    bvs72 wrote: »

Right? It's almost odd we treat corrupted hearts like a reward. "And for the top prize you get.... *drumroll* an ultra-rare item that can be combined with $20 and a crapton of other materials into something decent! Congratulations!!!!!"

No wonder we never see it on the price is right, they don't let you even guess negative values.

I think you're looking at it from the wrong point of view. They're giving you the item that is needed, essential to make an Ultra Rune (Epic Rune, Boss Rune, whatever they're called). If you didn't win it, you simply couldn't make one. I get your point, but what else could they do? Hand out the rune already made? I mean, they actually do that too, on top of the corrupted heart!

I like it. I like it because there's multiple Epic/Boss Runes and if they just gave you the rune, you wouldn't get to choose which one to make. Perhaps they could make it a tad bit better by also giving you some of the key ingredients to make one of those runes, like Ancient Cores, or Elemental Bars, that kinda stuff. Or even just a bunch of Essences and Etched bars and Jewels. Or the 2200 gems required to make a Superior one.

I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth. They could, of course, just make it so that your "reward" would be the Corrupted Heart appearing in the shop for $4.99... Oh no. I shouldn't have said that...
  • bvs72 wrote: »

I think you're looking at it from the wrong point of view. They're giving you the item that is needed, essential to make an Ultra Rune (Epic Rune, Boss Rune, whatever they're called). If you didn't win it, you simply couldn't make one. I get your point, but what else could they do? Hand out the rune already made? I mean, they actually do that too, on top of the corrupted heart!

I like it. I like it because there's multiple Epic/Boss Runes and if they just gave you the rune, you wouldn't get to choose which one to make. Perhaps they could make it a tad bit better by also giving you some of the key ingredients to make one of those runes, like Ancient Cores, or Elemental Bars, that kinda stuff. Or even just a bunch of Essences and Etched bars and Jewels. Or the 2200 gems required to make a Superior one.

I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth. They could, of course, just make it so that your "reward" would be the Corrupted Heart appearing in the shop for $4.99... Oh no. I shouldn't have said that...

I honestly believe they are throwing these rewards from the guild event portion of this Halloween event as a distraction from them raise prices, reducing value of gems, bad changes here and there, etc.

The ultra runes, while cool in some regard, are way too expensive for what they provide. 2,200 gems is no joke, and that's not including all the mats you need, which probably will cost you another few hundred gems and mats. Speaking of mats, they've made obtaining mats really hard now. No more 3x mats (or 6x boosts), no more unlimited mat purchases in event shop, heck, barely enough event tickets/candy corn to get the 10 purchase limit of more than 1 type of mat. And that's with a weeks worth of playing several hours a day.
    edited October 31
    shiggity80 wrote: »

I honestly believe they are throwing these rewards from the guild event portion of this Halloween event as a distraction from them raise prices, reducing value of gems, bad changes here and there, etc.

The ultra runes, while cool in some regard, are way too expensive for what they provide. 2,200 gems is no joke, and that's not including all the mats you need, which probably will cost you another few hundred gems and mats. Speaking of mats, they've made obtaining mats really hard now. No more 3x mats (or 6x boosts), no more unlimited mat purchases in event shop, heck, barely enough event tickets/candy corn to get the 10 purchase limit of more than 1 type of mat. And that's with a weeks worth of playing several hours a day.

Aye, if we don't start seeing improvements and apologies about these changes soon, I'm gonna be really sad.

I'm just scared this will be a repeat of Portal-gate, and Bill's "This was how it was supposed to be from the start" message.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

Aye, if we don't start seeing improvements and apologies about these changes soon, I'm gonna be really sad.

I'm just scared this will be a repeat of Portal-gate, and Bill's "This was how it was supposed to be from the start" message.

It definitely has already become that, or will be. There will be no changes made or reverting back to the old ways. This is just now their new standard unfortunately.

It definitely has already become that, or will be. There will be no changes made or reverting back to the old ways. This is just now their new standard unfortunately.

I'm not so sure. If it hurts their profits enough, what choice will they have other than to shut the game down or bring back the old deals?

It just seems so obvious and easy to me. Maybe it's because I'm not a whale. But all they have to do is give us good deals at low prices, and we'll give them money. Taking away those good deals is like... the opposite of what you should do when you're strapped for cash. Maybe they have too much money and are trying to lose some. Either way, that's what's gonna happen at this rate.

I'm not so sure. If it hurts their profits enough, what choice will they have other than to shut the game down or bring back the old deals?

It just seems so obvious and easy to me. Maybe it's because I'm not a whale. But all they have to do is give us good deals at low prices, and we'll give them money. Taking away those good deals is like... the opposite of what you should do when you're strapped for cash. Maybe they have too much money and are trying to lose some. Either way, that's what's gonna happen at this rate.

I think they will always just rely on those few whales to drop thousands each month or year, rather than try to find the route that would generate them the most revenue and net income.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    It is Halloween. Miracles can happen. ;)
    Especially when The Great Pumpkin gets involved. ;)
  • danacdanac Member

I don't know of Any Greater or Superior Heaths.

Heath Ledger, maybe, but he's dead now.
  • danac wrote: »

Heath bars.
    danac wrote: »

Heath bars.

I prefer Hershey. Less healthy, but better tasting.
  • This was a terrible event compared to prior year. Everything was devalued in a sense. Shop items costing more, less candy corn available, etc. I hate how they limit your purchases and don't even offer any of the new hero tokens.

It's clear they are trying to make 6* the newer heroes take much longer than before. DB has become so greedy.
    This was a terrible event compared to prior year. Everything was devalued in a sense. Shop items costing more, less candy corn available, etc. I hate how they limit your purchases and don't even offer any of the new hero tokens.

It's clear they are trying to make 6* the newer heroes take much longer than before. DB has become so greedy.

How does this event compare to all other events since January 2017?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I spent my candy corn on materials I don’t need. I guess now they will add something good to the event shop.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 2
    This was great for building up stock of aether and celestials and quick loot keys.

I remember the tokens being offered up in Pumpkins changing last year, similar to the token offerings in the Event Shop. And going back and forth between PVP and PVE and Tower as being the primary source of candy corn. I liked that variety a lot more.

I was very disappointed that newer tokens were part of any offering, even on a limited basis in the event shop. It was also annoying that Yorick's skin never made a reappearance.

As it stands I spent 20K on the Takumi skin, but have little else to spend another 160K in candy corn on. Maxed on keys, totems, and most mats. No tokens available. I'd turn it into gold, but why bother? 160K isn't even enough for one rune unequip.

I'm probably a little jaded, but this year's event rated a solid Meh.
    The Hansuke tokens were WAY too expensive, and the gold isnt worth it. It never is. Especially when they do that “river of gold” thing. Might as well call it “River of wasted tickets and fake plastic gold coins” cuz that’s what they’re worth.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 2
    I mentioned it somewhere else -- I would assume you've gotten way more Hansuke and Zomm tokens just grinding for candy corn than you could ever buy in the shop. I got just under 2000 tokens each time they ran the event last year (with a much more diverse range of tokens being handed out) and I think Zomm was my largest each event with somewhere over 400+ tokens collected each time (the 8x Zomm drops helped).

This time around, the token drops have been entirely undead heroes, so much more focused on just a small handful of heroes. I can no longer keep track of how many tokens I collected because it all gets converted to aether, but I've collected a little over 30K aether this time. That's easily 1200+ tokens, at least 200-250 being Zomm tokens.
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    I mentioned it somewhere else -- I would assume you've gotten way more Hansuke and Zomm tokens just grinding for candy corn than you could ever buy in the shop. I got just under 2000 tokens each time they ran the event last year (with a much more diverse range of tokens being handed out) and I think Zomm was my largest each event with somewhere over 400+ tokens collected each time (the 8x Zomm drops helped).

This time around, the token drops have been entirely undead heroes, so much more focused on just a small handful of heroes. I can no longer keep track of how many tokens I collected because it all gets converted to aether, but I've collected a little over 30K aether this time. That's easily 1200+ tokens, at least 200-250 being Zomm tokens.

That's true, I went from almost no tokens on Hansuke to 160 now. Only actually bought 10. I'm really grateful for that. Also got a lot from using the Aether from converted tokens.
  • I'm just in awe at the number of celestials. This even has allowed me to rack up 34 Stormwind, 28 Runed, 32 Crypt, 22 Shadow, 34 Coldfire, 28 Infinity, 33 Arcane, and 27 Valkyrie evos. I know it doesn't compare to the Evo armies that some of the VIP10s have amassed from summons and whatnot, but I won't be wanting for Celestial essence anytime soon.