Please Change Executum and Hansuke Back!... Then Buff Them

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Devs, if you've been looking at the forums at all recently, you'll know most (but not all) people are dissatisfied with your "buffs" to the Undead. I'd call them "changes" rather than buffs, but that's just me. But it's not too late to atone for your mistakes. In fact, I think you can keep your Undead changes - some of them, anyways - while still bringing OE and Hansuke back to who they were before.

Overlord Executum
- For starters, set his Void Blade back to his first ability. Vigilance was Hansuke's job. Not his. But, keep the buffed version. Void Strike.
- Second, you can keep his Void Taunt. That's pretty cool.
- For his last ability, I suggest replacing it with one of Hansuke's moves, preferably Wrath of the Fallen or Blade Fury.
- Oh, and bring back the Undead Scourge passive. That was cool. Maybe just make it 1.5x damage instead, though, to keep things fair.

Hansuke Undying
Side note here, I'm really mad about Hansuke. Not that he's necessarily bad now... it's just... you totally abandoned his lore! He was supposed to be this super loyal protector... now he's like... a slightly better Abigail the Brutal. Undead version. Come on, devs! What were you thinking!?
- Bring back Vigilance. If you'd like, it doesn't have to be his first ability either. Maybe make it his second, and have it start charged.
- Keep Iajustsu Strike. That's a cool ability. Just replace his old 'Exposed Weakness' with it. That way you can keep it, and make Hansuke cool again!
- Bring back Winds of Consequences, but have it heal waaayyy more than it did, and maybe cleanse a debuff. And on a 1 turn shorter cooldown.
- Heck, if you want, combine Winds of Consequences and Blade Fury. Make it a multi-hit move that heals the lowest-health ally. I don't care.
- Bring back his cool passives! Specifically the one that made him jump in front of an ally who would have instead died to a single-target, non-Crit, non-special attack! And of course the passive that reincarnates him after a couple turns if he dies that way. Maybe make it a buff like Phoenix Feather, but in addition to making it so his corpse can't be removed, he also can't be turned into a Zomminion. Not unless he dies normally, anyways.

That about wraps it up. Not sure what the heck you guys were thinking with these two... but I gotta admit, I like that you shook things up. They are kinda fun now, but I'm sure once the fun of testing their new kits out goes away, I'll feel even worse about their changes... Because honestly, they're not too great. Especially Hansuke's. I'm sorry, but I really think you should bring their previous selves back - with the buffs, I mean.
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• Leave as it is now, for one, sometimes even the dead have to change tactics regardless of their own beliefs.

Overlord executum fits the bill not just as a tank who has known conflict & strife his whole life/Undead life, but to inflict that strife on his foes on the defence, means that his allies can benefit & deal with the enemy a lot more swiftly.

Hansuke is not just a protector, (he revenge attacks upon parrying an attack) but he avenges his allies as well. (He avenges a fallen ally by attacking the foe who dealt the death blow, twice if that fallen ally happens to be Undead.) his backstory is not completely abandoned, just simply (& mildly) rewritten. Not to mention since both undead heroes have Soulless Scourge (which allows Lifestealing for 25% of all damage done.) some of the moves would have to have been changed to compensate, otherwise they could have ended up healing a little too much if you catch my drift. (Even lord Zomm would have a harder time staying down with his terrible hunger for brains.)

But either way, Undead heroes are finally more Viable & people can choose to use them on the PVP defence as well as conquering most of the Boss mode Dungeons.

(Bring me Some Brains While your at it. Zomm needs some more Brain food to bolster his intelligence.)
    Total Zomminionation.
  • edited October 31
    Honestly none of this will come close to saving OE so I don't really care what happens there. It is stupid that he has two taunt abilities though so one should probably be changed.

For hansuke, if they do what you say then the little headway he's made in pvp will be gone. But I will say that that "jump in front" passive is actually really cool and is basically the closest thing to a shade counter we have. So how about this:
    • Lets kill vigilance and blend it into his passive. If I had to speculate I think the reason his passive was killed because it was way too confusing. When did he jump in front - "single target attack that would kill the hero without including crits, rune 4th abilities, dmg multipliers, color bonuses, weather conditions or if a wild jibber happened to sneak attack at exactly the same time". I mean that's nonsense, there's literally no way to tell whether he will jump in front or not. My guess? They took one look at that code and said "holy hell this has got to go". So how about this instead:
      • 33% chance he'll jump in front of a single target attack on an ally. Any single target attack and always, it's a passive.
      • If he does, 100% chance he'll parry. This ensures that he will never die doing this. Why? Because while that recursion passive was cool lore wise I think it was really lame gameplay wise. It was also pretty confusing when he recurred, would require very special coding to work with zomm now and just honestly isn't worth it. If you ensure that he can never die when defending then that's better anyway and you don't have to worry about the recursion bit anymore.
    • Spirit immune. I mean if he's gonna be a shade counter.... Side note, why aren't the undead fear immune? How do you scare the undead?
    • When he parries, apply fear somehow. Either to the hero he countered or to all other heroes if he kills them. Cause a surprise block and counter strike should be scary.
    • Don't bring back winds of consequence. You're the lore guy jack, tell me, how does it make sense that this guy is a healer? Lets leave blade fury and do something more like him, like how about a buff that gives a 100% chance of jumping in front of the next single target attack. Or buff defense for simplicity. That could work.
    • When zomm turns him into a zomminion, that zomminion has his vigilance passive. It actually makes no sense that zomm turns undead into zomminions btw. Undead turn the living into undead, when undead die, they die. But I get that gameplay wise he kind of needs to do this so when turning undead allies into zomminions they should be shadows of their former selves, not just random skeles. We should repeat with the others.
    centralcommand
  • I love the title of this thread because they can tell you, “All done! We reverted them back to the original and then buffed them again. Got the same result.”
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    I love the title of this thread because they can tell you, “All done! We reverted them back to the original and then buffed them again. Got the same result.”

You’re implying they’re better than they were now. While Executum is arguable, I think they absolutely ruined Hansuke.

As for @CentralCommand, perhaps Wind of Consequence means he’s actually attacking with the wind. Which also would sort of refresh an ally... yeah I dunno. I just thought it was cool.

I guess it is pointless now that all Undead have 25% life steal. But I liked Hansuke because he could work on any team comp, now he’s really only good on a team with the Undead.
  • (I actually hate what they did to Overlord Executum. He's less than useless now.)

• I prefer Hansuke this way.

OE was always pretty weak and waaaay to fragile for someone with a taunt.Void Blade/void Strike neither does meaningful damage for a single attack ability. Maybe if it removed all buffs and prevented reincarnation of any kind ...
  • But I liked Hansuke because he could work on any team comp, now he’s really only good on a team with the Undead.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Hansuke was pretty much only used in the undead team in pve before. And pretty rarely after beasts got good epics and even more rarely still once "auto with abilities" was allowed.

Now though he's getting experimented with a lot in pvp. And not with other undead, just standalone since he's quite powerful and has a lot going for him with his abilities and passives. Zomm is the only other one getting some love right now and he's kind of a mixed bag. Yes its great he can munch solaris but the trade off of not being able to use your solaris is kind of too high. But hansuke is all around solid.

This is why I'm saying don't revert him all that much. The only thing I really miss is the jump in front passive because its one of the few things in the game that affect a lead off shade. But otherwise he's better now gameplay wise. His lore may be lost but if lore was a priority to DB they are way way off the mark. I mean there's basically none lol.
    centralcommand
    I think all they had to do with OE was:

1) Buff his Health and Defense a lot, maybe lower his Atk (like they did) a bit. Make him tankier in terms of stats.
    2) Upgrade his abilities, not change them. Void Blade could buff team Defense like it does, but also do more damage and maybe lower the target's energy or purge buffs. Anything, really. Maybe even do splash damage and Disease all enemies or something. Void Taunt was cool, though.
    3) Change his last ability. He no longer needs it since he life-steals 25% of all damage. Maybe it could be a type of execution-style attack, that deals more damage the lower the target's health is. It would make him stronger and fit his name and lore.

Also the fact they removed The Undead Scourge from him probably hurt him the most. His only use prior was to tank a bit of damage, but mainly to make the Undead deal tons of damage because they'd deal 2x damage to Diseased enemies. Now he's just... meh.
    But I liked Hansuke because he could work on any team comp, now he’s really only good on a team with the Undead.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Hansuke was pretty much only used in the undead team in pve before. And pretty rarely after beasts got good epics and even more rarely still once "auto with abilities" was allowed.

Now though he's getting experimented with a lot in pvp. And not with other undead, just standalone since he's quite powerful and has a lot going for him with his abilities and passives. Zomm is the only other one getting some love right now and he's kind of a mixed bag. Yes its great he can munch solaris but the trade off of not being able to use your solaris is kind of too high. But hansuke is all around solid.

This is why I'm saying don't revert him all that much. The only thing I really miss is the jump in front passive because its one of the few things in the game that affect a lead off shade. But otherwise he's better now gameplay wise. His lore may be lost but if lore was a priority to DB they are way way off the mark. I mean there's basically none lol.

What I meant by that was that his passives and synergies didn't specify that he had to be on a team with the Undead. His Vigilance would protect allies regardless of who they were. Now his passives say stuff like, "Avenge an ally's death with an attack - 2 attacks if it's an Undead", or "Allied Undead will perform a random attack upon getting a death blow". I guess he doesn't have to be on a team with the Undead, but you're missing out on like, half of his usefulness now if you don't.

And to be honest, I don't think the Undead are really good PvP heroes. I'm a firm believer that not every hero rework or new hero has to be based on the current PvP meta. I think PvP never should've gotten to the point it has. Every hero should've just been their own thing, and every hero should have had a use in PvP. Some were bound to be better than others, of course, that's just the 'meta'. Can't avoid that. But now heroes are being made and reworked based on PvP, which is making things turn out a little ridiculous.

I don't think I have to talk about how crazy OP heroes like Shade, Hopper, Solaris and Grog are. We all know that. I do think it's worth noting though, that the devs have stopped caring about PvE because of this - and I think it's starting a negative trend in the playerbase too. People see PvP as the end-game goal right now. We're so obsessed with PvP. Should PvP be challenging and have great rewards? Sure. Should there be an achievement for ranking 1st place in a season? Obviously. But I don't think bragging rights and shiny runes should be the end-game goal. It's driving players insane, it's making the devs greedy, and it's taking them off-track from working on new PvE content.

...A bit off topic there, back to Hansuke. I liked him because he was different. He wasn't good at PvP, but I didn't care. He was fun to play. The point of a game should be that it's fun, not that you have the statistically superior team or hero or rune, or... I'm going off topic again. I'll stop.
  • CreamBanan69CreamBanan69 Member
    edited November 16
    Whats your beef with Hansuke?
    Honestly I love, him I haven't been around for long and I only used him after his REWORK. He should be renamed tho as he is no longer Undying
    but more of a revenge avenger type of guy...

You should accept some changes, you seem to want him to be a tank /healer guy which does not make sense for a master swordsman ,and it will be troublesome to have him with zomm in terms of coding.
    OE on the other hand, eh i don't know Vigil and Taunt are both good they both offer a lot ,one tanking all hits one denying all damage but is rng
    however together on same guy is lame ?
    "Theme" wise Overload should be the one getting dmg for his dead allies and giving more attack and the undying one, doing the... well dying i just like Hansuke more because he is nature.
    Post edited by CreamBanan69 on
    Someone went to the SonofHilmer School if Typing.
    Whats your beef with Hansuke honestly i love him I haven't been around for long and I only used him after his REWORK ;I'm still weak and the Tower of pawnage is so hard for me yet i managed to win with just him passing two of three floors He should be renamed tho as he is no longer Undying you should accept some changes you seem to want him to be a tank /healer guy which does not make sense for a master swordsman Oe on the other hand eh i don't know Vigil and Taunt are both good they both offer a lot one tanking all hits one denying all damage but together on same guy is lame ? ( on a side note i couldn't test this but i think Vigil is not a taunt or provoke so it can deny shade ) I realy love Hansuke like this tbh I'm sorry for you I understand your emotions but i can't agree I hope they keep Hansuke and Buff Yorick instead ? i mean he offers a chill rng on basics ? ...okay ? and Brom gives nothing to other undeads so basically a second squinch who leaches his allies but still fine on his own ps: i love yorick a lot and i still use him despite how underwhelming he is

You said you haven’t seen Hansuke before his rework, so you’ll never understand why the changes upset me. I’ll admit, he’s been growing on me as of late. Protecting and healing allies fit him because he was originally intended to be a samurai who was cursed to eternal servitude. Samurais always put their lives before those they served.

It was also a really cool and unique gimmick. He would jump in front of allies and, if he died protecting them, would come back. Now he’s just a DPS hero. Which isn’t bad... he just doesn’t fit his lore anymore.

Maybe “Hansuke the Arrogant” would be better, as he seems to actually want his allies to die now.
  • Imma make this short.
    The Undead are good and fun, the devs could care less about buffing them again until they run into a serious problem again. Not all heroes are meant for PvP although the Undead is pretty solid on defense.
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 60 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
  • CreamBanan69CreamBanan69 Member
    edited November 16
    Yorick offers a chill gimmick , while Brom offers nothing to the undead team, and you want some reverts that changed a meat shield ,to a fun versatile dmg dealer to shut down healers and taunts sometimes ,still would take it on OE instead tho :) , but you seem to want them both to be tanks.

On a side note i get why you are mad,sad,annoyed or whatever it is you feel i mean he did had his offensive up a bit and his defensive changed...lowered...ah not completely removed but he is still good , kinda.
    Post edited by CreamBanan69 on
  • gmungmun Member
    New oe and han are both great. The re-works were quite well done IMHO. I use executum on offense quite often, and he doesnt even have his epic yet.
    Gmun
    Is it too much trouble for people to use punctuation nowadays?
  • Is it too much trouble for people to use punctuation nowadays?
    Everyone got different levels of English , this is a forum, not school people should just speak their minds freely while others should focus on understanding them not anything else.

I have nothing against you , in fact i like and i like your suggestions 90% of time .I'm sorry that you're not getting what you want pray for mk ? :'( :'( .
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited November 16
    Is it too much trouble for people to use punctuation nowadays?

@JackHallow666 Is it too much trouble for you to stop being the grammar police for this forum???
    Post edited by sirolk99 on