The Undead Team and How They're Supposed to Be Used

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
So... I was looking over the Undead team the other day. I haven't tried them in PvP yet. I just use them to auto-run PvE dungeons.

How... exactly... are they supposed to be used in PvP? What's the best way to go about using them? It's probably because they've changed so much, I don't know what to do. But I can't really get a clear read on what their purposes are now.

From what I can tell, the ideal team is Yorick/Executum/Hansuke/Zomm, mainly because they're the ones who got changed. But something bothers me about Zomm and his new synergies. It almost seems counter-intuitive to his new 'Zomminion' gig. His Epic, Taste For Brains, and Fillet Zomminion all buff Undead ally Max Health. I believe his Epic buffs 20%, while the two abilities both buff 25%. Plus more if you have Zomminions on the field. However, it seems with Zomm, they actually want your allies to die. Then they come back as Zomminions. Yet Zomm essentially makes the Undead unkillable after only a couple of abilities and Epic attacks, plus he heals them for a ton!

Perhaps that's the point and I'm just missing it? It seems the Undead now benefit from both being wiped out early, and also from staying alive a long time. On one end, Zomm gets a bunch of minions, but on the other, the Undead team gains a huge amount of Health. So what should I try to do in terms of PvP? Should I focus on keeping his allies alive, or letting them die and become Zomminions?

Hansuke's changes also sort of contradict Zomm's. He gains +25% Atk for every ally who dies. That means a maximum of +75% Atk. However, Zomm doesn't come back himself as a Zomminion, so if everyone but Hansuke dies, you'll have a guy with +75% Atk and two almost-useless skeletons. Not much of a last stand, if you ask me. Perhaps the goal is to get two of the Undead to die, keeping Hansuke and Zomm alive? That way you get the most benefits. You get Zomm and his minions, and Hansuke with +50% Atk. On top of that, Zomm can continue to buff his Zommionions' and Hansuke's Health with his Epic and abilities.

I don't know. That just seems really hard to pull off. Should you just take the Runes off of Yorick and Executum, max out Zomm's Health and Defense, and then mix Hansuke so he has decent offensive and defensive capabilities? After all, the Zommionions' stats are based off of Zomm's, not whatever heroes they once were. If any of you have had success with the Undead in PvP, please explain to me what you're doing right. It's confusing!
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• In pvp its all about keeping the zomm alive for few turns. There is many characters doing extra damage to slow characters so its not really hard to kill zomm. Right now im using koros, kozar, shade and zomm. Koros and kozar there to be bait so i can keep zomm alive. If they attack zomm first that 2 character will do heavy damage or even wipe out entire team. So far this group doing amazing job when attacking but at defense something missing.
    When i have chance im planning to try him with solaris, piggy and shade. Piggy will provide protection against sb and shade cant one shot him while he have defense buff so i guess that team in defense would work better. This is my experience so far.
  • Honestly, the Undead really took a turn for the worst. The changes they made seem really out of character, but that may be just because that's what I'm familiar with. Zomm has been buffed to high heaven though with the Zomminions because I think they rez with the stats of those they replaced. That and, if a character is a Zomminion in the Tower and you beat the battle or whatever, the character can be selected again, as if they never died horribly.
    I'm trying to buff up Zomms HP and SKL for said reasons.
    There is no need to make more heroes when the ones you have are already awesome.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Z0mbieC4tz wrote: »
    Honestly, the Undead really took a turn for the worst. The changes they made seem really out of character, but that may be just because that's what I'm familiar with. Zomm has been buffed to high heaven though with the Zomminions because I think they rez with the stats of those they replaced. That and, if a character is a Zomminion in the Tower and you beat the battle or whatever, the character can be selected again, as if they never died horribly.
    I'm trying to buff up Zomms HP and SKL for said reasons.

Go for his Hp and Def. Skill is still useless. Defense matters more than Hp.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • the trick is to keep zomm alive

use zomm, then heroes who buff zomm's defense, like astrid
    also, you want at least one tank zomminion, like a sacrifice astrid with 4 power runes

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided
  • if you can keep zomm alive, do it by whatever means, even if it means getting one of your tanks to die so that it can be reborn into a bone shield pretty much

if you can keep zomm alive the battle is as good as won(just do not use filet zomminions if one is taunting damage away from zomm, else he will get focused down)