Nerf Shade, but spare him the MK Hammer

MK finally got his nerf, a couple of months after he was made redundant in PVP anyways. And boy, was he nerfed hard. Technically, he's not bad, but he's a shadow of his former self.
The smart money says that the no longer VIP, Shade, is the next guy to get hit. He's even more op and pvp has been a Shade on Shade affair for way too long. I look forward to more balanced Shade, but please, nerf with moderation. I suggest two small changes that will leave him very powerful, but more manageable.

1. Remove 'turn a blind eye", at least for basic attacks and haunted pasted. There are several ways to start auto tanking now and being able to direct shade to your tanke makes it way easier to plan a battle.
2. Nerf shrouded. It's absurdly powerful as it is. Change immunity to debuffs to "just" impervious for all dark heroes. Still very powerful, but opens for several new strategis and the use of more heroes in pvp.

Make Undead Great Again

Comments

• I would say keep blind eye but reduce his health pool, it is absurd for a fast caster. Please nerf shrouded it is way to powerful. However i wouldn't make it impervious since it doesn't give immunity to drenched from kai and that was the whole point of shroud. I would say just remove the damage reduction from shroud but keep the immunity to all debuffs
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • My suggestion for Shade is that he cannot use Possession while he is Spirit Linking.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Shade is perfect the way he is :)
    Spirits cannot be lured by taunting them foolish mortal! Dark heroes are obviously meant to be the strongest and most devious element of trickery in the dungeons. There was a time when even Ella was feared. Can't wait for a dark spirit construct. immune to melee damage, heals and empowers your team with dark aztec energy, reshrouds your team and I do mean non-dark heroes as well.
  • jason58jason58 Member
    edited November 2017
    I’m on board with taking away ‘turn a blind eye’. In the current state, bringing shade bait like ekko is a way to counter him, but too often rng plays its ugly role and he targets the ‘wrong’ hero. Maybe if they either took away ‘turn a blind eye” or make shade’s targeting 100% predictable, I wouldn’t hate the current meta so much.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Shade is perfect the way he is :)
    Spirits cannot be lured by taunting them foolish mortal! Dark heroes are obviously meant to be the strongest and most devious element of trickery in the dungeons. There was a time when even Ella was feared. Can't wait for a dark spirit construct. immune to melee damage, heals and empowers your team with dark aztec energy, reshrouds your team and I do mean non-dark heroes as well.

I think you might be possessed. Once it wears off tell me if you still think that way.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • My MK doesn't have a hammer. His weapons are knives.
  • MK and all things having to do with undead took a frickin hit in the A** !!! People on here that actually care and have put mass time and effort into the runes and their heros... DON'T like their hero's all of a sudden HALF AS POWERFUL!!!! For instance... hansuke.. got all new talents.. WTF????!! WHERE'S HIS OLD 1ST MOVE THAT MADE HIM A BADDASS DEF HERO???! Oh... wait... it's now OE's first move!!?! Huh!!???? Oh great. The useless OE I now have to rune up so he's strong. So I can have his def ability for my team (not to mention OE is a dark tank... like he's gonna last against nimriel. Or MK?!!! Right! Least hansuke is a green undead. I'm
    MK and all things having to do with undead took a frickin hit in the A** !!! People on here that actually care and have put mass time and effort into the runes and their heros... DON'T like their hero's all of a sudden HALF AS POWERFUL!!!! For instance... hansuke.. got all new talents.. WTF????!! WHERE'S HIS OLD 1ST MOVE THAT MADE HIM A BADDASS DEF HERO???! Oh... wait... it's now OE's first move!!?! Huh!!???? Oh great. The useless OE I now have to rune up so he's strong. So I can have his def ability for my team (not to mention OE is a dark tank... like he's gonna last against nimriel. Or MK?!!! Right! Least hansuke is a green undead. I'm

You know, I felt the same way at first. But try using the Undead a little. You'll come to appreciate the changes. Previously, Hansuke and Executum were both decent at both offense and defense, making neither of them particularly good at either role. Executum wasn't tanky enough, Hansuke couldn't do enough damage.

Now Hansuke is a powerhouse capable of shredding anything in his path, while Executum is less powerful but can finally take a hit and be a functional Tank. Plus, Hansuke gives Undead allies Relentless, which is just ridiculous in PvP and even stronger in PvE.

Everyone's in agreement on the MK thing, though. He totally didn't need that much of a nerf.
  • I am sad that MK was neutered. However Shade is still fine. I find his power is most useful because when he is resurrected, he gots a second turn in the same round. That makes a lot of heroes OP and is a very good defensive strategy against the lame Koros defenses.
  • MK and all things having to do with undead took a frickin hit in the A** !!! People on here that actually care and have put mass time and effort into the runes and their heros... DON'T like their hero's all of a sudden HALF AS POWERFUL!!!! For instance... hansuke.. got all new talents.. WTF????!! WHERE'S HIS OLD 1ST MOVE THAT MADE HIM A BADDASS DEF HERO???! Oh... wait... it's now OE's first move!!?! Huh!!???? Oh great. The useless OE I now have to rune up so he's strong. So I can have his def ability for my team (not to mention OE is a dark tank... like he's gonna last against nimriel. Or MK?!!! Right! Least hansuke is a green undead. I'm

You know, I felt the same way at first. But try using the Undead a little. You'll come to appreciate the changes. Previously, Hansuke and Executum were both decent at both offense and defense, making neither of them particularly good at either role. Executum wasn't tanky enough, Hansuke couldn't do enough damage.

Now Hansuke is a powerhouse capable of shredding anything in his path, while Executum is less powerful but can finally take a hit and be a functional Tank. Plus, Hansuke gives Undead allies Relentless, which is just ridiculous in PvP and even stronger in PvE.

Everyone's in agreement on the MK thing, though. He totally didn't need that much of a nerf.

I've mentioned this in a couple places, but I probably need to spread the word better. The reason MK was nerfed had far more to do with him being a total power house at lower levels. Everyone at level 70 can't see that of course, so they think he was overnerfed. In reality he's still super strong at lower levels even after the adjustments. Sometimes you have to understand that when devs make adjustments, they are looking at the whole picture while we as individuals only see through our own perspective. (In most cases a level 70 one).

Wouldn't Hansuke, being green, be even more vulnerable to Nimriel?
    echonap wrote: »
    MK and all things having to do with undead took a frickin hit in the A** !!! People on here that actually care and have put mass time and effort into the runes and their heros... DON'T like their hero's all of a sudden HALF AS POWERFUL!!!! For instance... hansuke.. got all new talents.. WTF????!! WHERE'S HIS OLD 1ST MOVE THAT MADE HIM A BADDASS DEF HERO???! Oh... wait... it's now OE's first move!!?! Huh!!???? Oh great. The useless OE I now have to rune up so he's strong. So I can have his def ability for my team (not to mention OE is a dark tank... like he's gonna last against nimriel. Or MK?!!! Right! Least hansuke is a green undead. I'm

Wouldn't Hansuke, being green, be even more vulnerable to Nimriel?

I think he means that against MK, it’s better he be Green rather than Purple. Not like either scenario will actually happen above level 60 PvP.
  • But he said, "not to mention OE is a dark tank... like he's gonna last against nimriel"
  • Shade as gotten DB WAY too much money. Nerfing him would be like removing runes. If they didn't do it 1 year ago, what makes you think It'll happen now. For MK, his nerf was harsh. H A R S H. The only way he could possibly get nerfed is by db releasing heroes that hardcore counter him, which already happens. But whatever they do, Shade is still Shade.
  • echonap wrote: »
    But he said, "not to mention OE is a dark tank... like he's gonna last against nimriel"

Han isn't a tank. Nimriel gets 2x damage vs tanks.
  • I think people are getting carried away here. Shade is the most powerful hero that has ever existed in dungeon boss. We don’t want him to be nerfed like mk, but I think something should be done. I’m really leaning towards the removal of ‘turn a blind eye’.

When he was released, the only hero that could start a battle with taunt(besides maybe special events) was krexx. Now we have Solaris and marrow with similar taunt traitsfuwaqosnadqo.jpeg
    and they’re pretty much rendered useless by shade having the freedom to attack whoever he wants. I’m seeing shade in over 90% of my opponents and now he’s coupled with zomm. These unpredictable, long raids are very frustrating to me.

If nobody wants him to lose ‘turn a blind eye’, could we at least take some of the rng out of his arsenal by making his targeting predictable? I don’t think I should have to cross my fingers every raid for him to attack my ekko or Solaris. Would the community agree on this?
  • danac wrote: »
    My MK doesn't have a hammer. His weapons are knives.

Lol @ "Knives".
  • OE would take more damage from Nimriel, and everyone else who is a caster. on the other hand, hansuke would only be boosted to squinch and fire enemies and he can actually parry hits. OE shouldn't have taken Hansukes role, enough said. Hansuke just fits it much more.
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    danac wrote: »
    My MK doesn't have a hammer. His weapons are knives.

Lol @ "Knives".

MK’s Sai’s definitely aren’t normal sai’s. Unlike real ones, which are basically the Japanese equivalent of police batons, MK’s clearly have sharp tipped blades instead of metal rods.