Zomm missing caster tag: does he still benefit from Astrid's passive?

@Joel , title. Wondering if it's just a visual glitch or if it's impacting skills.
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited November 1
    We're aware of the issue and it should be fixed with an update going out tomorrow. There's an issue with his epic canceling out the caster tag. Apparently it's some curse that we have to lift?
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Awesome, but out of curiosity, is he still reaping whatever benefits/drawbacks that come with the caster tag? @Joel
    I'm curious to know since im trying to figure out how to rune him at the moment.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The bug is causing his caster tag to go away when he gets his epic, removing all relevant benefits and drawbacks, which should not be happening.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • However, Zomm still has the Mystical Passive which is working wonders against Tank enemies as intended. Even without the Caster tag. (I'd still fix it though, chances are it is a visual error that only occurred upon acquiring the Epic.)
    Total Zomminionation.
  • Ah, cool, good to know. I've been running Kobol/Shade/Astrid/Zomm with great effect. Can't wait to see Zomm with that %50 defense boost working!
  • NateDoge wrote: »
    Ah, cool, good to know. I've been running Kobol/Shade/Astrid/Zomm with great effect. Can't wait to see Zomm with that %50 defense boost working!

I used Astrid and Zomm together too and I was pretty sure that +50% def boost was working lol
  • ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited November 2
    80% if you count Executums Undead Guard alongside Cloth Guardian III.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 3
    I'm 90% sure passives can still be on a hero even if you don't see them. What you see is just what's put there to inform you on that character's data and how they react to things. That's why Zomm can still be Magical but not show it, all they did was remove the image for the passive - the data the passive carries is still there.

Tags, however, seem to be one-and-done, if the tag's not there, the effect's not there. Although... I'm curious if a hero can, theoretically, have the 'Fast' passive but not the 'Fast' tag. Does tagging a hero as 'Fast' automatically load them with the passive, or vis versa? Could you have a hero tagged as 'Caster' and have them not have Mystical? Actually, wait, Casters used to not have Mystical. So that probably answers that. Tags and passives are separate.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics