CHRISTMAS Calender!

I feel as if the events are getting worse and worse as they come out. Remember how fair it was to get skins and tokens and rewards In general during events? Now to get just 30 zomm tokens cost nearly 40 THOUSAND tickets! I have been GRINDING for tickets (I have 70k) and to give up half just for 30 tokens is not fair value at all. So, I really hope they bring back the Christmas winter fest calendar because that was exciting, new, and fair. Anyone think they’ll bring it back?

Comments

• They would probably bring it back, either that or change it entirely. No information just yet
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • If you have been grinding for candy corn, then I assume you've gotten LOTS of Zomm and Brom and Hansuke etc. tokens in the process. I know I have.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2
    Christmas predictions:

- The same skins that were $3.99 during the first Christmas event, but for $39.99.
    - The Christmas skins from last year that were around $14.99-$19.99, but for $79.99-$99.99.
    - A Christmas Wreath shop. All quests are limited and dungeons no longer give out Wreaths. No more than 100,000 Wreaths will be obtainable.
    - Nevermind, looks like you can buy 1,000 Wreaths for $4.99. Ah well.
    - The most expensive item in the shop is 125,000 Wreaths. It's a Superior Battle Rune with nothing particularly interesting about it.
    - The second most expensive item in the shop is 80,000 Wreaths, and it's a skin that wasn't even from a Christmas event.
    - Actually, that 80,000 Wreath skin is a new skin - For Sifu.
    - The Christmas event in it's entirety will last only 5 days. It should last 7 days, but the Devs needed to leave for the Weekend and turned it off.
    - A new Epic for Grog, but they forgot to open Permafrost Caverns until 2 weeks after the event.
    - Lol, just kidding. They wouldn't be that lazy. In fact, you can enter Permafrost Caverns for 2 hours if you pay $4.99!
    - Actually, why not just do that for every Boss Island? No Boss Islands at all now, unless you can pay.
    - A Christmas-themed dungeon that's near impossible. Only the top 5 players can actually beat it, and that's with 5 Emily friend uses.
    - Gem bundles are on "sale" for the prices they were at the launch of the game. Without the "sale" they're three times worse.
    - Free Rune unequipping for 2,500 gems that lasts 5 minutes. 1.25x Material Drop booster for 3,000 gems that lasts 1 minute.
    - Shatter team "buff", Water heroes no longer heal or deal extra damage to Frozen enemies. Instead, they gain Skill+ for 1 turn when they hit one.
    - All the rare and valuable Guild Games skins players spent hundreds on to get now available in the Event Store for 500 Wreaths or $1.99.
    - A new daily gem bundle that gives 50 gems a day for 7 days, and it will cost only $2.99!
    - Chromus is a hero now. He's like Alexandros, but 5 times more useless.
    - They couldn't even turn on the Christmas themed town, so they just threw a 35% opacity layer of blue over it.
    - A message from Thalia saying, "Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Note: Due to complaints, we can no longer say Merry Christmas."
    - A message from Thalia saying, "Have a Christmas present, just for you, valued customer- Er, I mean, Seeker!" with 25 gems attached to it.

(Just so you know... this is satire. I don't actually believe it' gonna be a bad event. Just so nobody thinks I'm serious.)
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited November 2
    @JackHallow666 - I know you were doing satire, but given the recent turn of events, I would expect the Christmas event to be less generous than the prior year. And actually, the prior year Christmas event was rather expensive as it was, if you wanted to buy the top level keys each day. However, you never know, so fingers crossed.
    Oohhhh that’s right, I forgot about that whole key BS! Man... this Christmas is gonna be sad if they don’t improve on that.
  • Beedle wrote: »
    I feel as if the events are getting worse and worse as they come out. Remember how fair it was to get skins and tokens and rewards In general during events? Now to get just 30 zomm tokens cost nearly 40 THOUSAND tickets! I have been GRINDING for tickets (I have 70k) and to give up half just for 30 tokens is not fair value at all. So, I really hope they bring back the Christmas winter fest calendar because that was exciting, new, and fair. Anyone think they’ll bring it back?

The Christmas event will be even worse than this Halloween event.

Halloween 2016 was the pinnacle of best events. I don't expect events to be just as good (or better), but I do wish they were still good. This halloween one was junk and I expect the xmas one to be junk as well. Bah Hum-bug
  • Day 9 door, don't forget to do your day 8 quest!

Cringe times
  • I liked this Halloween. While I agree the event last year was better, this one was probably more in line with what they wanted last years to be.

I'm happy with my new Pumpkin Furnace, Shogun Hansuke, and Bushido Takumi costumes. Spent the other ~60k corn on mats for runes and epics. Got a lot of Hansuke tokens and aether from the other undead tokens.

I don't agree with the harshness of MK's nerf (he's worthless now). And I think some of the undead changes weren't the greatest. But overall, I'm pleased with the amounts required to reach the various tiers of rewards. Lots of guilds were able to get 1st prize, and many many more were able to get the others that still were quite rewarding, minus the Corrupted Heart.

• danacdanac Member
    They would probably bring it back, either that or change it entirely. No information just yet

But you're sure it's one of those two options?
    danac wrote: »
    They would probably bring it back, either that or change it entirely. No information just yet

But you're sure it's one of those two options?

It's either gonna be the same, or it's not!... or is it?
  • If it is the same then I would admit I would be quite disappointed. Make it different if not better than the former and I would say that I would enjoy it, new experience and stuff. If they add an epic for grog then they really need to clear their vision on the beast teams
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • It will be the same...but different

It will cost $
  • BlothBloth Member
    I think this Christmas event will be the “final straw” for many players that are already on the fence.
  • What if it is a good holiday? I think it will be a good holiday.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Were we playing the same event?

Over the Halloween event, I bought 2 skins with candy corn and 1more as a reward, Lord Zomm's epic and tons of materials for epics and runes. I also got enough aether to get Ember to 3 stars.

83 guilds got the maximum rewards and hundreds more got good rewards as well.
    Were we playing the same event?

Over the Halloween event, I bought 2 skins with candy corn and 1more as a reward, Lord Zomm's epic and tons of materials for epics and runes. I also got enough aether to get Ember to 3 stars.

83 guilds got the maximum rewards and hundreds more got good rewards as well.

You must've not played the previous 2 Halloween events.
  • BlothBloth Member
    Company employee up there.
  • Not an employee. I just think 3 skins, getting Ember from zilch to 3 stars, and getting zomm from not epic to epic 12 is a decent outcome for a one week event.
    And, yes, I am a long term player and played last Halloween. Short of releasing a new hero, I don't know how the rewards could've been a lot better. Exactly what more were you looking for?
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 7
    Yorick’s skin.

I added another 30k aether to the pile of 210k aether I have sitting waiting for something to spend on.

I was able to buy the skin for takumi for 20k candy corn. And then I had another 163k to spend on absolutely nothing in the event shop.

There were no additional skins or tokens. Just a bunch of materials which were meh because I was already pretty maxed on materials and a large portion of my “reward” would’ve just been lost due to overage. So I crafted a bunch of additional essences, etched, spirits, etc. (that I’ll probably never use) to make more room for materials and then emptied the shop of materials.

Yay. Maybe someday they’ll give us another 20 Epics so that we have something to work on.

Not quite ready? No big deal. You’ve already shown us that you’re willing to change both heroes and epics after they’ve been released. Just get them out the door. Quality is job 1.1.

5u1u66lf8rre.png
    hxr1f9t1jrqh.png
    fn4mruoacxue.png
    u00p362y2q46.png
    lhexwbqvlj1x.png

Post edited by FatCat69 on
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Yorick’s skin.

I added another 30k aether to the pile of 210k aether I have sitting waiting for something to spend on.

I was able to buy the skin for takumi for 20k candy corn. And then I had another 163k to spend on absolutely nothing in the event shop.

You don't count.
    Look at what you did- you did enough of the event you had no interest in to get 183 k candy corn at least. I did more than the minimum and wound up with 60+k.

I don't think DB has designed the game to be rewarding for someone who massively overdoes things.

• Hahahaha. :) I would heartily agree.
    Hey, FatCat, what's your guide on maxing out materials? Just not spend them and quick-loot dungeons for mats every day?

...I'm not actually joking here, I seriously want help saving up on materials.
  • Can't speak for FatCat, but for me, it's easy to save mats when you have max epics, max stars, and make Boss 100 regularly. There is literally nothing to spend mats on. Crafting is unnecessary since the Boss 100 runes are almost always better. Every ticket event results in more mats too, since there is nothing else left for me to buy. Epic releases are so slow that I am back at max mats within 3 days of a new epic.

My only tip if you are still short on mats (I think you do this already): buy aether energy every day.
  • Hey, FatCat, what's your guide on maxing out materials? Just not spend them and quick-loot dungeons for mats every day?

...I'm not actually joking here, I seriously want help saving up on materials.

1. buy them with honor
    2. don't spend them
    3. congrats!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 7
    Honestly, I’m a product of the 3x and 6x material boosts. Hoard your stamina and only use it as necessary or during the boosted materials events.

I do use event tickets and whatnot for materials (mostly because at this point there’s nothing else to buy). Crystals have historically been the best place to spend there. I don’t use Honor for materials — that’s reserved for purchasing one of each of the greater and superior runes in the Honor Shop each season.

And Boss 100 and Legend league rewards are definitely the best place to get decent runes. I enjoy PVP and even spending on raid ticket refreshes, Gems seem to be a net positive over multiple seasons. They just slowly go up and up. Also, I generate enough aether from the limited dungeon runs I do to purchase raid ticket refreshes daily, but I only buy stamina with Pwnage Points.

FWIW - I used to grind every bit of stamina daily. Never let the stamina counter hit the top so that it would always continue to accumulate. The days, it’s just easier to hoard and spend only for special events.
  • farfella wrote: »
    1. buy them with honor

I know the post was a joke, but NEVER, NEVER, EVER waste honor on mats. Honor should only be used to buy runes, or for honor summons if you have excess (and Ella tokens if she isn't maxed).

• What? Aw come on! Those deals are great! I already have dozens of great runes that I am too poor to upgrade. The last thing is need is one more.
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Bloth wrote: »
    I think this Christmas event will be the “final straw” for many players that are already on the fence.

Sadly DB prolly doesn't get that