Ideas to Make the Tower More Fun

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited November 2 in Feedback & Suggestions
I commented these ideas a while back on another thread, but I'm making this one to make it official. I think the Tower rune changes were necessary. The gem payout compared to difficulty was way too beneficial for the player. But like many have said, simply adding Runes may have made it too difficult for lower-leveled players, while still having it be a breeze for higher-leveled players. I'd like to make a few suggestions for how to make the Tower fun, yet challenging, for all player levels.

1) Change how rewards are calculated.
The system right now isn't bad, don't get me wrong. But what if, instead of getting rewards added to a chest to open once you're done, you accumulated points? Not PWNage points, not anything you'd keep afterwards. Just a score to track. This score would, at the end, determine your prize from 1 of 5 tiers. Depending on how you did, you could win rewards that are... worse than normal... or ones that are way better! Here's a figure:

Let's say the tier rewards are as follows (assuming you're level 70):
- Tier 1: 100 points: 100,000 gold, 50 Gems, Evo larvae, 3-5 Yorick tokens, 1,250 PWNage Points, 20 Stamina.
- Tier 2: 150 points: 200,000 gold, 75 Gems, Evos, 4-6 Yorick tokens, 1,500 PWNage Points, 30 Stamina.
- Tier 3: 200 points: 325,000 gold, 125 Gems, Evos and Monarchs, 5-8 Yorick tokens, 1,750 PWNage Points, 1 Celestial Evo, 40 Stamina.
- Tier 4: 300 points: 500,000 gold, 175 Gems, Evos and Monarchs, 7-10 Yorick tokens, 2,250 PWNage Points, 2 Celestial Evos, 55 Stamina.
- Tier 5: 500 points: 750,000 gold, 250 Gems, Monarchs, 20 Yorick tokens, 3,000 PWNage Points, 3 Celestial Evos, 70 Stamina, 1 Heroic Summon.

How would you get points? Well, completing each floor would grant you some, but there'd also be little quests or challenges you could complete to earn more! The only way to get Tier 5 rewards would be by completing almost all of them. You could still get Tier 4 rewards by doing a lot of them. To shake things up a little, the random challenges would change every day! But getting points for floors/completing the tower would always be there.

Examples of point rewards:
Complete a floor: +10 points. (Repeatable 12x)
Complete the tower: +20 points. (Not repeatable)
Complete a floor using a team of all (class here): +10 points (Repeatable 4x)
Complete a floor with (hero here) on your team: +10 points (Repeatable 4x)
Complete a floor with all heroes alive at the end: +5 points (Repeatable 8x)
Complete the tower with all heroes alive at the end: +40 points (Not Repeatable)
Complete a floor with a team of all (element here) heroes: +20 points (Repeatable 2x)
Complete the tower with 1 team of 4 heroes: +100 points (Not Repeatable)
Debuff 10 enemies (across any number of floors): +30 points (Not Repeatable)
Heal allies 25 times (across any number of floors): +30 points (Not Repeatable)
Defeat Chromus without taking damage: +20 points (Not Repeatable)
Complete 3 floors in a row with the same team: +20 points (Repeatable 4x)
Defeat Chromus with Zurk: +1 point (Not Repeatable)

...You get the idea. There would be more too, so you could have a decent chance at getting good rewards. Maybe it wouldn't be super easy, but it would at least make you take a team you wouldn't normally bring, and actually use your brain during your Tower run. Instead of, ya know, being braindead for 15 minutes as you auto-run it. And for lower-leveled players, this would offer them a way to get better rewards without having to necessarily beat the tower! It'd be a win-win. Although I should stress: This should make it tougher for higher-leveled players (or at least keep the difficulty at the same level), but make it easier for lower-leveled players. And the rewards would of course, scale to your level. For instance, the Tier 5 reward for a fresh level 28 player (if they can even get to Tier 5) would be something like 350,000 gold and 200 gems, among other things. So not that much worse, but enough so that they're still getting something for their efforts. As you get closer to level 70 the rewards would slowly get better and better. And the Heroic Summon reward would be included as a Tier 5 reward for any level player.

2) The PWNage Shop.
Many things could be improved upon the PWNage Shop. Currently I have almost 50,000 PWNage saved up, and that's with buying the two stamina packages every day. There's just nothing interesting there. I mean, the addition of rare hero tokens is great for newer players, but maybe the shop should get better as you level up too, no? I think it should be like a little event shop! But all the time. Maybe have a skin in the PWNage shop every weekend or something. Or just improve on what's there! Here, here. Here's some ideas:

- Include a skin every weekend. It wouldn't have to be a new one every weekend, it could even be the same one 2 weekends in a row! Just having the option to buy a skin there every weekend would make a lot of people happy. Of course, it shouldn't be cheap. You should have to save up multiple weeks just to get one skin. I'm thinking 20,000 points wouldn't be a horrible offer. That way, you wouldn't be able to know what skin would be available by the time you've saved up - Which actually could give players an incentive to save up so they're prepared!
- Rotating items, every day or every week. Or both! Have material bundles that rotate. Like Fire materials one day, Nature materials the next. 4,000 points for 15 of each material (Crystal, Raw material, Plant, and Bar) wouldn't be such a bad deal. You could also rotate more unique items, like an Ancient Core that's there all week and costs 10,000 points. Or an Ancient Source the next week. Elemental materials could be sold for 5,000 each.
- Special event items during... well, special events! New Epic release? Offer the Epic unlock in the PWNage Shop for 12,500 or something! Or totems of that Epic's element for 1,000 points each. Hey, instead of making us spend gems for 3x material boosts, maybe put them in the shop for 7,500 points each as another option. During a PvP season, you could offer Lesser/Improved runes in the Tower for lower-leveled players, and more expensive, Greater or Superior Runes for higher-leveled players. Or just have all 4 rarities open at once to give low levels a chance at a good rune!

Seriously, there's so much you could do with the PWN Shop. While I don't think the shop is the biggest issue with the tower and in no way needs to be changed, it would definitely be appreciated if you put more expensive and unique items in there for those who have nothing to spend their PWNage Points on! Plus, lower-leveled players could save up and get something really good, too!

(I really, really doubt all of this would actually solve anything if it was actually implemented. I'm really sleep deprived right now, and of course there's no way to test it without actually putting it in the game. So please, feel free to call me an idiot here. I have no idea what I'm doing)
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• Oh my.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • KangKang Member
    My vote is a "Continue" option after looting each floor's chest that allows you to use the same team on the next floor and skip 2 load screens.
  • You know, chromus would still be a joke against zurk.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • Sounds way too complicated, but maybe that's just me. :)
    But if you're suggesting a similar league and reward system as in PvP, then I'm all for it. :)

On the whole, I don't mind mind the tower the way it currently is. We level 70s have worked hard to beat it, so why should level 40s just breeze through?

But there are 2 things I would suggest:

1) A guarenteed celestial evo or a nice rune in chest 12.

2) A tower tournament:
    which could be something like unlimited amount of towers during one day, you can play as often as your heroes last (i.e. If one of your heroes dies in Tower 1, you can't use him/her in Tower 2, etc,. damage is also retained), each new tower gets harder, with special challenges on certain floors (e.g. using only red heroes), but also special rewards from some chests the further you go.

This could also be a guild event (this the opinion of someone who is sick of major guild events and major rewards all being PVP focused).
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Sounds way too complicated, but maybe that's just me. :)
    But if you're suggesting a similar league and reward system as in PvP, then I'm all for it. :)

On the whole, I don't mind mind the tower the way it currently is. We level 70s have worked hard to beat it, so why should level 40s just breeze through?

But there are 2 things I would suggest:

1) A guarenteed celestial evo or a nice rune in chest 12.

2) A tower tournament:
    which could be something like unlimited amount of towers during one day, you can play as often as your heroes last (i.e. If one of your heroes dies in Tower 1, you can't use him/her in Tower 2, etc,. damage is also retained), each new tower gets harder, with special challenges on certain floors (e.g. using only red heroes), but also special rewards from some chests the further you go.

This could also be a guild event (this the opinion of someone who is sick of major guild events and major rewards all being PVP focused).

No it’s fine for level 70’s, the main complaints are from lower levels. Because runes are simply additive bonus’s and don’t scale with level or stats, they effectively made the tower impossible for lower levels. This could help lower levels at least get something for their efforts, while keeping higher levels unaffected.
  • Sounds like a great idea! I feel like only 12,500 for a full epic unlock is a little cheap though.
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc.
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
    Photo provided by Jackhallow666.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Sounds like a great idea! I feel like only 12,500 for a full epic unlock is a little cheap though.

I dunno. In theory you could also just manually run a dungeon once or twice and get it for free. Maybe 15,000 then?
  • Yeah, that seems like a good price.
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc.
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
    Photo provided by Jackhallow666.