Chill Out with the Water Festival! [Starts on Friday!]

2»

Comments

• First run, second room, had a barrel with a water celestial evo inside.

• I know it’s been pointed out before, but just to reiterate...

The rewards for these “color” events are absolute trash. The quests give insignificant numbers of materials, often for a comparatively insane amount of work or resources. And to top it off, those resources are virtually always the ones that are “unused” and we all already have hundreds of.

Tune greater or better runes 10 times? So spend many hundreds of gems and many hundreds of stamina in materials...for a reward of a couple materials that aren’t used in any recipes? Aren’t we better off just not doing this, since the cost is actually greater than the reward?

Win 10 pvp raids with a water hero for 3 amber crystals (i.e. the ones with almost literally no use at all) and 3 monkshood (equivalent to half of a single quickloot worth)?

Yeah...ok.

Look DB doesn't have the man power to make new content or balance simple things out ok? Jeez.

:D
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 3
    If the Amber Crystal is not acceptable, perhaps you’d prefer this shiny Abyssal Crystal, Ebony, and Grave Iron that we don’t use anywhere in the game either? No? How about some Green Ivy and Quartz Crystals? No? Random tomes that you already have maxed? Or a handful of Evo Larva? Wait! Where are you going?
  • All we need is a mat trade / craft shop and they can give us whatever mats they want... as long as we can convert them to usable mats.

(At 15 gems per trade, of course)
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • danacdanac Member

Tune greater or better runes 10 times? So spend many hundreds of gems and many hundreds of stamina in materials...for a reward of a couple materials that aren’t used in any recipes? Aren’t we better off just not doing this, since the cost is actually greater than the reward?

generally agree, but this quest gives snowbell flowers, which are one of the 4 main noncrystal mats that run short.

FatCat69 wrote: »
    If the Amber Crystal is not acceptable, perhaps you’d prefer this shiny Abyssal Crystal, Ebony, and Grave Iron that we don’t use anywhere in the game either? No? How about some Green Ivy and Quartz Crystals? No? Random tomes that you already have maxed? Or a handful of Evo Larva? Wait! Where are you going?

And I'm way low on green crystals, they're rarer than normal because so many dark/purple things require them.
  • All we need is a mat trade / craft shop and they can give us whatever mats they want... as long as we can convert them to usable mats.

(At 15 gems per trade, of course)
    Better still would be Free Material exchange for 24 hours. 1000 gems seems fair...
  • BlothBloth Member
    Game rewards really need a major overhaul. Much like the grocery store, they charge more,but give you less.
  • make quests harder but with better rewards... 2 yasmin tokens to use 1 friend heroes? Maybe change it to use 10 friend heroes for 20 yasmin tokens.
  • What level are you at? It was five friend uses for whatever the reward was at level 70.
  • hmm weird. i'm level 25. Those types of quests shouldn't scale based on level. All level players can use their friends hero. But seriously, these quests are just unimaginative and repetitive and easy and boring. Would much rather have a quest that's basically impossible, but still have fun trying to complete it.
  • koolkuba wrote: »
    hmm weird. i'm level 25. Those types of quests shouldn't scale based on level. All level players can use their friends hero. But seriously, these quests are just unimaginative and repetitive and easy and boring. Would much rather have a quest that's basically impossible, but still have fun trying to complete it.

I still recall the scavenger quest series where the 20th quest required the use of a specific hero that I didn't have. I can tell you it wasn't any fun at all for me.

While these events give out materials that are almost useless for the higher levels, they also take very little effort to complete. A nice, chillaxing event for those who have other things they like to do at weekends beside play this game.
  • BlothBloth Member
    Barrels rarely show up in the stage. Then I get 1 whole hero token when I find one. Yay !
  • I apologize if I am missing something. This sends us to the current quests but I am not seeing one that gives his skin. TIA for clearing this up for me!

ncl2syi4ilqo.png
  • wow
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • danacdanac Member
    To the best of my knowledge, this is a new skin not yet released.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Looks like yet another thing released early by accident.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Looks like yet another thing released early by accident.

Yup, makes you wonder if they are inept or purposely do this to get players talking/excited, build up hype, etc.

The question now is whether it will cost $ or be attainable via in-game activities. I'm thinking it'll be a quest driven (or maybe portal pull) skin since Icepick isn't as popular as say Shade or Zomm. Plus it has a button to go to the quests.
  • A new quest chain will probably be added today.

1. Craft a superior rune.
    2. Tune a Superior rune 10 times.
    3. Upgrade a superior rune 30 times.
    4. Craft a superior rune.
    5. Tune a Superior rune 10 times.
    6. Upgrade a superior rune 30 times.
    7. Craft a superior rune.
    8. Tune a Superior rune 10 times.
    9. Upgrade a superior rune 30 times.
    10. Purchase a Gem Subscription

Completing this quest chain puts the new Icepick skin the shop for sale for $14.99
  • Let me add to your quest list:
    A new quest chain will probably be added today.

1. Craft a superior rune. (Reward: 5,000 gold)
    2. Tune a Superior rune 10 times. (Reward: 5 frozen steel, 5,000 gold)
    3. Upgrade a superior rune 30 times. (Rewards: 10 pure frost, 10,000 gold)
    4. Craft a superior rune. (Reward: 10 Grave iron)
    5. Tune a Superior rune 10 times. (Reward: 3 icepick tokens)
    6. Upgrade a superior rune 30 times. (reward: 10 fresh earth, 10,000 gold)
    7. Craft a superior rune. (Reward: 10 ebony)
    8. Tune a Superior rune 10 times. (Reward: 1 Earth Sisters Celestial Evo)
    9. Upgrade a superior rune 30 times. (Reward: 10 dark crystals)
    10. Purchase a Gem Subscription (Reward: 10 amber crystals)

Completing this quest chain puts the new Icepick skin the shop for sale for $14.99

• Hahahaha. Love it. ;)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    shiggity80 wrote: »

Yup, makes you wonder if they are inept or purposely do this to get players talking/excited, build up hype, etc.

The question now is whether it will cost $ or be attainable via in-game activities. I'm thinking it'll be a quest driven (or maybe portal pull) skin since Icepick isn't as popular as say Shade or Zomm. Plus it has a button to go to the quests.

Well it does say 'Go to Quests', so probably a quest-line thing.

What I'm worried about is if it'll be a fun quest line, like the one for the Ekko skin on Halloween, or a PvP questline requiring you to bring Icepick into PvP... the latter would not be easy.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

Well it does say 'Go to Quests', so probably a quest-line thing.

What I'm worried about is if it'll be a fun quest line, like the one for the Ekko skin on Halloween, or a PvP questline requiring you to bring Icepick into PvP... the latter would not be easy.

It'll probably be the same spiel as usual, use X potions, use X friends, run X dungeons, earn X gold, etc.
2»