Gold from Sparklies

Starting to get annoyed. I’ve noticed recently the past month or so that the sparklies from event dungeons that give gold out aren’t actually giving you more gold when you complete the dungeon. For example the current dungeon averages 15k for my level. I received a sparkly with 8k gold from a barrel. Yet when the dungeon is complete you still only get 15k. Please look into this @Eej @Joel @Victoria

Comments

• Sometimes this weird thing happens were you press a sparkly, and it just STEALS GOLD FROM YOU and then the sparkly gives it back, so you made not profit nor loss. Only happens to me occasionally. Maybe that is what's going on here?
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Okay, so lemme explain what’s happening. Cuz I’ve noticed this with Gold Island payouts as well.

Before you enter the dungeon, the Gold you’ll be rewarded by completing the entire dungeon is pre-calculated. This is why on Gold Island, you can start a level with 200k Gold, and during the level, see that your Gold is at 450k. Then at the end when you open the chest, you’ll notice your Gold is at 200k again, and it adds ~250k.

I believe that the game can also calculate how much you’ll end up with if you tap the shinies and get gold from them. I think that’s whats happening in your case. Technically, the Gold you’re seeing during the level is the Gold you’ll actually have once you finish it.

If I misread, and what you’re saying is; that you get 15k Gold when quick-looting, then go into the level, find 8k Gold and still end up with 15k, then I don’t know what’s happening, lol.

This is the only explanation I can think of.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
    If you keep real close track of your Gold, @farfella, you’ll notice that it’s not actually stealing gold. When it “subtracts” your Gold, it’s subtracting it from what your Gold would be after you tap the sparkly. I don’t know why it works this way, but it’s basically adding, subtracting, then adding again. Hence, you’re still making money.
  • @JackHallow666 the end of your statement is correct whether I run or QL the dungeon it pays out 15k. Yet a sparkly w gold nets you nothing extra.
    ladybam wrote: »
    @JackHallow666 the end of your statement is correct whether I run or QL the dungeon it pays out 15k. Yet a sparkly w gold nets you nothing extra.

Okay so that's definitely an issue then. Perhaps for whatever reason, the sparkly is only giving you a couple hundred gold, something you wouldn't notice, but subtracts 8,000 before-hand and then adds it back?

That's my only explanation now. I have no idea if its true, or if so, why it would even work that way. I hope @Joel can explain this?
  • @ladybam dont worry they doubled the gold from quests. You should have millions in no time
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • And they compensated by reducing gold payouts from gold island. Because you’ll be rolling in it from those recently nerfed...er, reworked...daily quest rewards.
  • Better than reworked. As Joel said
    Joel wrote: »
    ...In an absolute sense, the payouts have increased.

• farfellafarfella Member
    edited November 7
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    And they compensated by reducing gold payouts from gold island. Because you’ll be rolling in it from those recently nerfed...er, reworked...daily quest rewards.

Acually? No. Can't be. I refuse to believe it. How many times do I have to tell you guys. I. AM. POOOOOOR!

Also, go gorgons!
    I'd ask for patch notes to be released every single update, but they probably wouldn't ever do that because they would just be littered with would-be stealth nerfs to just about everything. Gold and Exp island payouts reduced. Evo island celestial chance slashed in half. A bunch of hero Epics and abilities nerfed. Gold and gem payouts reduced. Tower made even harder by giving all teams Superior runes if they didn't have any already.

Ya know, the usual.
  • It's like they're intentionally trying to tank their own game. Drive away any kind of dedicated audience and reduce their sales to zero.

Will the last one to leave the dungeon please turn off the lights?
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited November 8

I feel like this should be "turn on the lights" -- ya know, since it's a dungeon and all...

kalamadea wrote: »

I feel like this should be "turn on the lights" -- ya know, since it's a dungeon and all...

Well, there's clearly light in all the levels. Gotta come from somewhere.
  • kalamadea wrote: »

Well, there's clearly light in all the levels. Gotta come from somewhere.

The... the sun. The light comes from the sun.
    Also, go gorgons!