Combat Revamp

Been seeing rumors of a combat revamp for months. Damage reduction that makes it impossible to kill a hero EVER is unhealthy. Is this revamp actually in the works, or could you just make a hero that ignores damage reduction or something?

Comments

• Combat revamp has taken what feels like 5x as long as it was originally stated. I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t come until 2019. DB doesn’t seem like it has the resources anymore to do anything except raise prices and devalue gems and other in game resources.
  • Soon (tm)
  • Lafoote wrote: »
    Been seeing rumors of a combat revamp for months. Damage reduction that makes it impossible to kill a hero EVER is unhealthy. Is this revamp actually in the works, or could you just make a hero that ignores damage reduction or something?

DR is the only counter to the insane amount of damage attack runes do.
    Changing DR without changing the whole attack combat system would be horrible.
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited November 15
    That’s why we’re Discussing a combat revamp and not a DR revamp.

Boss response conspicuously absent from thread.
  • There are plenty of heroes to counter max DR..
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • There are plenty of heroes to counter max DR..

Great, which?
  • The trick is not the hero to counter, but a viable team to counter...
    Koros destroys Emily (if anyone even has her on defense anymore), but Shade ganks koros all the time.
    So you really just have to find the perfect combination thats all.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • I’m still not understanding what perfect combination makes Bauble take more than zero damage.
    I’m still not understanding what perfect combination makes Bauble take more than zero damage.

Well runed heroes that have a ranged attack can hurt a max DR bauble.
  • edited November 15
    1. Stack lots of runes with % dmg or % dmg in pvp or % dmg vs. armored or % dmg vs. magical on any hero. They can now kill emily.
    2. Hit her with basic attacks with any hero that has good attack and an epic that multiplies damage. Wait until epic fires
    3. Give her haunted and poke her with any dark hero
    4. Give her fear and poke her with any hero
    5. Give her tasty and munch her with hopper (or mangle jaw or torchy or any hero with a bite attack)
    6. Hit her with MKs vibrating palm
    7. Use Lily
    8. Use Koros
    9. Use any other green hero that is standing next to lily
    10. Stone her with cobressa then poke her
    11. Mark her for death with KY and poke her with any hero
    12. Use tsume. Wait until he is near death before hitting her hard
    13. Hit her with ponti's doom bolt.
    14. Hit her repeatedly with ekko's electrical storm
    15. Hit her with SB's from the shadows
    16. Hit her with Willow's Sniper shot
    17. Put a bunch of random debuffs on her then hit her with pig's sucker punch
    18. Put a bunch of random debuffs on her then hit her with squinch's cheap shot
    19. Let her hit furnace until pressure builds then hit her with under pressure
    20. Hit her with malice's Theft for grace, then poke her with malice once she has the buffs
    21. Let aria kill her with counterstrikes
    22. If you work her down to half health or less, kill her with ella's kiss of death
    23. Let icepick get to low life then let his crits kill her. If you get her to 25% life or less use his blood in the water
    24. Hit her with OE
    25. Hit her with therand
    26. Activate Hagrim's Dwarven fury. Then hit her with him

Pretty sure that's it. Unless they add a new damage multiplier. Then that'll be a new solution. Since that's the solution, literally any damage multiplier, I'm just listing them all.

Pick one. Or multiple, its nice to have a backup plan since Shade exists.
    centralcommand
  • I think they added a new one recently with the Undead Revamp, but can't remember what it is offhand. I just recognized it as another counter to high DR. But yeah, pick one. There are lots of options.
    I’m still not understanding what perfect combination makes Bauble take more than zero damage.

shade's normal attack crit one shots him all the time. It's not everyone, but its every time. I think it has to do with the spirit attack (i think it ignores armor) and ranged.