Rework needed: Material Drop Rates vs. Recipe Requirements

Hello Everyone,

An all too well known issue exists here.
To sum it up, I just dropped over 150 stamina into grinding and walked out with 4 Pyre Embers. Mind you that is after spending 40k honor on material packs. I also have 366 grave iron which I seemed to have no trouble picking up today (which is used for what?)
As if the ratio of common chests vs. uncommon chests isn't bad enough, an uncommon chest doesn't even guarantee the mats needed.

I'm sure other posts exist on this topic. Links are always appreciated.

Comments

• Lol no one to blame but yourself there. I find buying mats with event tickets is the way to go.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • SirWhyNotSirWhyNot Member
    edited November 12
    Your statement neither contributes or detracts from the post.
    How can I be blamed for grinding mats?

Moreover, why should I use my event tickets on mats?
    Your approach is a bandaid on a broken limb.
  • They have been super stingy with mats in hopes that we spend real money on resources required to obtain said materials.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 12
    There are many threads on this subject. I’ve come to simply believe that they don’t care.

They aren’t looking to make the recipes balanced. They aren’t looking to improve the drops to more closely match the need. They’re more interested in creating artificial scarcity than an actual balanced product.

(Which is sad because we clearly see through the haze and recognize all of the absolutely worthless mats that get dropped by the bushelfull alongside the puny handful of actually important ones.)

So the next best thing is to recognize where the best source of these items are. Honor is better used on runes they offer in the Honor Shop. Event tickets are good for materials generally. Boss Mode is absolutely horrible for any kind of material drops — all you get are stupid tomes. You could grind for them in Challenge mode, and I’d recommend doing that if there are actual tokens you need there. I continued to grind challenge mode for every gold token well after I’d maxed all my heroes specifically for aether and mats.

My recommendation is to save your stamina and loot keys for triple material events (if they ever have one again) and quick loot to high heaven on those days.
  • SirWhyNot wrote: »
    Your statement neither contributes or detracts from the post.
    How can I be blamed for grinding mats?

Moreover, why should I use my event tickets on mats?
    Your approach is a bandaid on a broken limb.

Yeah, don't think I like it. I am just saying that is what has to be done. Also I will point out that broken limbs do not even require band-aids.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    Lol no one to blame but yourself there. I find buying mats with event tickets is the way to go.

Spending 4500 event tickets for 10 mats is annoying... when you have 999 of the other mats in the bundle
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • The materials in this game are broken. The balancing is broken. The drop rates are broken. It was beyond poorly designed and never corrected.

That's really all there is to say.
  • It’s sad really, because the original game was actually really well balanced. There’s something to that — something satisfying in that things just kinda work. All they’re trying to do with this artificial scarcity is slow us down with useless mats and pointless distractions. It’s highly annoying and detracts from the game IMHO.
  • a63vofzyf1wi.jpeg
  • The materials in this game are broken. The balancing is broken. The drop rates are broken. It was beyond poorly designed and never corrected.

That's really all there is to say.

And given their financial downturn and lack of man power, this will not be corrected for probably a very long time.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    It’s sad really, because the original game was actually really well balanced. There’s something to that — something satisfying in that things just kinda work. All they’re trying to do with this artificial scarcity is slow us down with useless mats and pointless distractions. It’s highly annoying and detracts from the game IMHO.

Agreed. If only they went back to their roots where they were being generous with in-game resources, then I bet their revenues would climb back up. I said this before, but I was a lot more willing and wanting to spend money on this game when they made resources much more easily obtained. None of this "low event ticket, high event ticket shop prices, limited to 10 purchases max, daily gems dropped down to 3 per quest on some, no more $2.99 gem deal, only 1 25 stam purchase at 20/25 gems, increased ToP, etc" bull crap.
  • farfella wrote: »

Yeah, don't think I like it. I am just saying that is what has to be done. Also I will point out that broken limbs do not even require band-aids.

Not an option anymore.

They've upped the price for pyre embers while reducing the amount of tickets per event.

Even shunting the tickets I'd been spending on totems to buying mostly pyre embers [and some silver and flowers], I'm burning through every event not getting near enough embers to even significantly upgrade one epic.

FatCat69 wrote: »
    There are many threads on this subject. I’ve come to simply believe that they don’t care. ....

My recommendation is to save your stamina and loot keys for triple material events (if they ever have one again) and quick loot to high heaven on those days.

I doubt we'll see any more of them either.

After the 6x event we might have had 1 3x, but I don't think so.

That was months ago, Before they averaged about 1/month.

In fact, they've scaled back all sorts of rewards, from gold island to events.
    re,ember when typical events would have several dungeons where running them 20 times gave tokens or lots of mats?
    Those are gone, bounty hunts are gone, 3x are gone.

So, yes, they don't care, yes, this is deliberate, and yes, this thread is therefore completely useless.
  • @danac

I wonder how many gems I'll spend on runes without Pyres?

Zero.

They're just saving me money.
  • @danac

I wonder how many gems I'll spend on runes without Pyres?

Zero.

They're just saving me money.

I'm not even crafting runes.
    My gems are more valuable and I'm getting a Greater rune from PVP every week- not even trying for the Superior most weeks.

The materials are going to upgrading epics for heroes I need now, like Zomm and Hansuke.
  • I just got $100 trillion Zimbabwe dollars for my 480 heroic summons on eBay.
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army