Lord Zomm Issue: Putrid Claw Bug

ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
edited November 13 in Bugs & Technical Issues
As seen in the Screenshots Below, you can see that the Description for Lord Zomm's Putrid Claw basic attack is a "Melee, Dark Attack." but when the target with the magical trait took damage (Grog-Gnog) even though I defeated grog-gnog, I caught on to the fact that he took 25% less damage from Zomm's Putrid Claw, which also explains why he barely does any damage to a properly runed Shade even though my Zomm's Attack is +5000 because of the runes I put on him plus his Epic is around 9+.
5plfa8hzhbvn.png
xfv1fqjsaglw.png

@Joel
Total Zomminionation.
Tagged:

Comments

• All Elemental attacks (Water, Fire, Nature, Light, Dark) have always been influenced by the magical trait. I don't see why Zomms basic would be any different...
  • TTS1000 wrote: »
    All Elemental attacks (Water, Fire, Nature, Light, Dark) have always been influenced by the magical trait. I don't see why Zomms basic would be any different...

simply due to the fact the magical trait is only supossed to counter non-physical attacks, while zomm is obviously smacking them with his extended hand
  • TTS1000TTS1000 Member
    edited November 13
    @pyguyofdoom There are a bunch of melee elemental attacks and all are influenced by magical:
    Lure (Marrow)
    basic attack (Zomm)
    Arctic Assault (Igorok)
    Fiery Fangs (Torchy/Lupina)
    Sickly Slice (Shadowblade)
    Doom Blade (Brom)
    Dread Scythe (Brom)
    Playing with Fire (Squinch)
    Burning Chop (Squinch)
    Strike (Grog-Gnog)
    Back Splash (Kai)
    Intensify Shock (Dhaegon)
    Frost Katana (Samurai Takumi)
    Bitter Strike (Samurai Takumi)
    Maybe see it as them powering up their hands/swords/whatever with elemental energy and then attacking. In the case of Zomm the specification of dark attack can be a bit misleading since they removed the disease attack type a while ago and labeled them as dark attacks for consistency. I don't think elemental attacks should exclusively be ranged.
  • TTS1000 wrote: »
    All Elemental attacks (Water, Fire, Nature, Light, Dark) have always been influenced by the magical trait. I don't see why Zomms basic would be any different...

simply due to the fact the magical trait is only supossed to counter non-physical attacks, while zomm is obviously smacking them with his extended hand
    The Magical trait reduces damage from “non-physical” attacks. If the attack does not have “physical” in its description it is subject to -25% reduction. This includes all elemental attacks as @TTS1000 noted.

ijxw2vvfkrw7.png
    ridfac18cj98.png

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @TTS1000 is correct. Elemental attacks are influenced by Magical.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • are you guys gonna bring back the tomb zomm skin back anytime soon?
  • tthebonetthebone Member
    edited November 13
    what is the difference between melee and physical? How can something be melee and not physical as well?
  • @tthebone melee is the attack range, as opposed to ranged. Traits that influence damage taken by melee would be flying and melee vulnerability for example.
    physical is one of the more prevalent attack types, other attack types are lightning, water or spirit for example. A trait that influences damage taken by physical is armored for example.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    tthebone wrote: »
    what is the difference between melee and physical? How can something be melee and not physical as well?

Every attack has a range, and type.

Range is always either Ranged, or Melee. There is no in-between.

Type is different. The type can be Physical, as in a sword or an arrow. It can be Magical or a Spirit attack, like most attacks from Casters and Healers. Then, in some cases, it can be an element. Dark, Light, Fire, Nature, Water, and whatever the heck Matsuta's 'Chi' attack is.

In this case, Zomm's basic attack is Melee, meaning he can suffer from on-hit effects like an enemy with Burning Skin, and apply on-hit effects, like if he had an Incineration Rune that granted him Burning Touch. However, the attack type is Dark, and therefore can not be another type of attack.

The reason it is Dark and not Physical, as far as I can understand, is because the ability itself causes Disease. If he had Diseased Touch, perhaps the attack could be Physical. However, since the status effect comes from the ability itself, it must match the type. This is the case for almost any ability that applies an elemental-themed debuff. Attacks that cause Shock are Lightning attacks, attacks that can Burn are (usually) Fire attacks, and so on.

Also, Zomm's basic attack used to be his second special ability, before his rework. So they probably just didn't bother to change anything about it other than it's location on Zomm's ability selection. I do sort of wish it was Physical, because basic attacks usually don't have other types besides Physical, Spirit, or Magical, so they don't get blocked by enemies. Speaking of which, why are almost all Caster/Healer basic attacks Spirit? If they were Magic, it would make more sense and prevent you from being walled by Solaris and Ekko.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • But his epic attack is physical.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    But his epic attack is physical.

Interesting... @Joel is all this intentional?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • danac wrote: »
    But his epic attack is physical.

Interesting... @Joel is all this intentional?

I should point out that I know this from his epic attacks in Pestilence Island. Also I think vs ekko or Solaris, but I'm not as sure about them, I could be misrembering.