Warm Up For the PVP Guild Grand Tourney with the Fire Festival!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
0qcdyweoun51.png

The Fire heroes weren't fond of Icepick's chilly event last week, so they've decided to heat things up! Fire heroes are staying particularly toasty with the Burning Skin passive that gives them a chance to burn melee attackers. They just want to spread warmth, is that so wrong? (Warning: Hugging Furnace could lead to severe burns, please do not hug the large, combustible construct.)

Remember to be in your guilds before 3pm CST on Thursday for the upcoming PVP Guild Grand Tourney!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Here that @Joel , you've been given a pass, you can sleep well tonight
  • PYRE EMBERS

This will give me an extra week or so before I'm completely out of crystals as well. Ever since they were removed from totem islands they've become even more scarce.

Edit: I really really wish flappy bird didn't completely cover some of my candles which are all inevitably holding Pyres. This issue has only been around two years though, so I'll give you guys a pass.

Where are you getting pyre embers? I did 15 runs of the event dungeon and got two material jackpot loots. Both were brimstone.

The fire dungeon repeatable will give you 30 pyre embers in exchange for spending FIVE HUNDRED stamina. Except you can’t spend that stamina on dungeons that give you pyre embers (since they aren’t fire dungeons), which means you’d actually end up with more pyre embers by NOT doing the event quests and just using the stamina to farm normally instead.

The burn enemies repeatable lets you earn a total of 50 pyre embers. So like enough for one level of one epic. Hooray?
  • Also, cool Marrow packages in the shop!

qzwxjtmjy0n5.png
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited November 13
    @Skip_Holmes

80 Pyre Embers > Zero Pyre Embers.

I currently have zero pyre embers.

I was also hoping jackpot loot meant like 50 pyre embers.. so far I've gotten pyre embers twice and both times it was 3 pyres. Yay? I forgot the game was trying to run us all out of materials so that we can't spend gems anymore. Heaven forbid we want to spend gems!

I am continuing to hope there's a bigger amount of Pyres possible and it's just a little more rare.
  • @Joel I see Solaris is in the Vip portal, but listed as tokens only. Does that mean you can't get a full unlock even if you don't have him?
  • @Skip_Holmes

I was also hoping jackpot loot meant like 50 pyre embers.. so far I've gotten pyre embers twice and both times it was 3 pyres. Yay? I forgot the game was trying to run us all out of materials so that we can't spend gems anymore. Heaven forbid we want to spend gems!

I am continuing to hope there's a bigger amount of Pyres possible and it's just a little more rare.

But surely spending 500 stam farming the regular dungeons that drop pyre embers would net you more than 80, right?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    @Skip_Holmes

But surely spending 500 stam farming the regular dungeons that drop pyre embers would net you more than 80, right?

Actually, it’s worse than that. You get 50 from the burn enemies repeatable, so if you were to farm pyre/crypt dungeons, all you would need to do is beat the 30 that you get from the fire dungeon repeatable. 500 stamina for 30 pyres via event, or 500 stamina = 100 runs = approx 50 pyres from farming like normal.

By participating in the event, you lose out on 20 pyre embers or so minimum. Cool rewards!
  • Except you guys aren't counting pyres from jackpot loot. I got 6 in my initial 10 runs. If there is ACTUAL jackpot loot (Say 50) then if you only get it a single time out of all the necessary runs you are way ahead. Even if it really is only 3, you still probably come out partially ahead.

It'd be a little nicer if it dropped superior shards too though. I'm sure I'll skip this event like every other unless someone shows that actual pyres drop. I just try to get excited about them every new event :D If only to be quickly disappointed.
    @Skip_Holmes

Actually, it’s worse than that. You get 50 from the burn enemies repeatable, so if you were to farm pyre/crypt dungeons, all you would need to do is beat the 30 that you get from the fire dungeon repeatable. 500 stamina for 30 pyres via event, or 500 stamina = 100 runs = approx 50 pyres from farming like normal.

By participating in the event, you lose out on 20 pyre embers or so minimum. Cool rewards!

Man, DB is trying to pull a fast one on us!

I guess the other side of it is if you need other materials, or hit some decent jackpot loot, then the event dungeon is worth it.
  • Except you guys aren't counting pyres from jackpot loot. I got 6 in my initial 10 runs. If there is ACTUAL jackpot loot (Say 50) then if you only get it a single time out of all the necessary runs you are way ahead. Even if it really is only 3, you still probably come out partially ahead.

It'd be a little nicer if it dropped superior shards too though. I'm sure I'll skip this event like every other unless someone shows that actual pyres drop. I just try to get excited about them every new event :D If only to be quickly disappointed.

I'm trying to remember which event had it where jackpot loot really had 100-500 brimstone and maybe pyre embers too? Was it Christmas 2016?
    Except you guys aren't counting pyres from jackpot loot. I got 6 in my initial 10 runs. If there is ACTUAL jackpot loot (Say 50) then if you only get it a single time out of all the necessary runs you are way ahead. Even if it really is only 3, you still probably come out partially ahead.

I'm trying to remember which event had it where jackpot loot really had 100-500 brimstone and maybe pyre embers too? Was it Christmas 2016?

No b/c I didn't play in Christmas and I played for that event. It was just a random event they had with real jackpots.
    Except you guys aren't counting pyres from jackpot loot. I got 6 in my initial 10 runs. If there is ACTUAL jackpot loot (Say 50) then if you only get it a single time out of all the necessary runs you are way ahead. Even if it really is only 3, you still probably come out partially ahead.

No b/c I didn't play in Christmas and I played for that event. It was just a random event they had with real jackpots.

I see. Doubt we'll ever see one of those events again.

Or the events where the dungeons would drop like 48 materials (24 crystals, 12 plants, etc) with 3x materials going on at the same time.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    NateDoge wrote: »
    @Joel I see Solaris is in the Vip portal, but listed as tokens only. Does that mean you can't get a full unlock even if you don't have him?

This is intended. Solaris is still meant to be a very rare and valuable hero.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Actually, pyres do come in quantities as high as 50, but they only appear under the candles you can't get to because they are blocked by heroes. I can only assume this is done on purpose since it has been a known problem for years and DB refuses to fix it.
  • Joel wrote: »
    @Joel I see Solaris is in the Vip portal, but listed as tokens only. Does that mean you can't get a full unlock even if you don't have him?

This is so BAD and DECIEVING.
    For the first time, you opened VIP portal to players never got a chance to use it before.
    And then in the tiny fine print, you say "token" only.
    Personally, I've sunk more than 11k gem under the impression I have a chance to unlock Solaris in full.
    People are saying typically top left heroes are full lock and tokens

If I knew it's token only, I wont any of my gems on it. period.

-A very sad/frustrated player.

• yaoguaidd wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

For the first time, you opened VIP portal to players never got a chance to use it before.
    Personally, I've sunk more than 11k gem under the impression I have a chance to unlock Solaris in full.

I can't see how this is deceiving? The pop up on the tokens button states 'tokens only' and the full unlock is only ever for the bottom right hero.

---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited November 14
    yaoguaidd wrote: »

I also feel deceived. The last time I used the VIP portal was long after the initial release of shade. I saw he was in the VIP portal weeks or months later, and spent about 2k gems getting a full unlock. Luckily this time I only wasted the free summon I got for buying gem; but I would not have even bought them if I had known that the VIP functioned this way. Really disappointing.
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited November 14
    yaoguaidd wrote: »

I can't see how this is deceiving? The pop up on the tokens button states 'tokens only' and the full unlock is only ever for the bottom right hero.

Would you kindly point out to me where in the game, or even on the forums, where it tells you that full unlocks are bottom right only? Because no matter how you slice it, it's still deceptive. If it says "tokens only" then it shouldn't ever offer a full unlock. And if it does offer a full unlock for a specific hero on a list, then it should say so, and can not be "tokens only."

Edit: also, you're stating the bottom right thing as if this is common knowledge, yet there's no mention of it anywhere in the game, and I can't find it's origins using the forum search function. I just think the game should at the very least be able to accurately convey how a feature works.
  • I can't recall where that information was sourced from.. did they used to state 'tokens or full unlock' for the bottom right hero?

Where were you advised it would be a full unlock? If you assumed this, then that's not deception, it's ignorance :) If an event banner or a dev advised you of this, then I would agree.
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • It's actually WORSE than you guys realize.

The people who are VIP 10 get an "enhanced portal" which means they're more likely to get full unlocks in the VIP portal. The problem is that the lower right slot is the one that indicates which is available for the full unlocks.

So VIP 10 people have an even lower chance to get even a paltry handful of Solaris tokens.

Thanks, Dungeon Boss!
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 14
    Just talked to one of your satisfied VIP 10 customers.

He had done 35 pulls from that awesome enhanced VIP portal -- that's effectively 14,000 gems worth of pulls -- and had gotten exactly ZERO Solaris tokens.

Way to make the customers that spend $1000+ on your game feel valued and appreciated! Keep up the great work with customer retention!

ETA: he did note that he had also crossed the million aether threshold with these pulls. Too bad there's nothing worth buying in the Aether Shop. Like maybe Ferno or Solaris tokens?
  • elektrobankelektrobank Member
    edited November 14
    What are the odds??
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • You aren’t insinuating that I’d be lying, are you?

5qz49mg5ymr4.jpeg
  • yaoguaidd wrote: »

May be it's just deceiving to noobs like me?
    On my vip summon screen.
    I saw 4 heroes with exact text
    "VIP Summon"
    "Powerful Heroes and
    common items. Hero or
    Token
    Guaranteed."

That makes me feel I got a chance for full unlock.
    But if click on the bottom right of "Hero Drops", you'll see every single hero is listed as token only.
    To me, the deceiving part is "Hero or Token guaranteed." At least in today, it's "Token Guaranteed.".
    Surely you can blame noobs like me overlooked "hero drops" button and should think harder before spend gems/real money into this game.
    In fact, I dont feel that bad when I spent 11k gem and not getting a full unlock, I was actually joking on line saying tough luck, next time.
    But reading the forum and found out this is actually intended to be "token only vip portal" pissed me off and made me feel sick.

Trust is a good thing and I'd like to keep it.
    If in the end I had to read every single fine print before I buy anything from a shop/game, I would not buy there.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited November 14
    @FatCat69 Is Beckerbear an inherently shady person? Or are you just casting that shade because you hate rainbow dragons?
  • @FatCat69 not at all.

@yaoguaidd fair point - I missed that text, must be the small font :P
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 14
    Sorry @elektrobank. I re-read the thread and realized you were making a similar point just before I made mine. Apologies for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

@MattCauthron no, just trying to be sensitive. Some people don't like their names to be brought up in the forums in any context. I've been insensitive to that in the past.

ETA - Oh, geez. Hahaha. Went back and looked at my post and realized my attempt to obfuscate the poster was wholly ineffective. Sorry Beckerbear.

#EpicFail
    Post edited by FatCat69 on
  • Call it what you want.
    Maybe it's low finances, or a reduced staff, or a nefarious plot by Russians to undermine America, but this event is representative of how far the game has sunk.
    Day one quests that give the rewards you'd see in approximately 1/4 former event dungeons for5x the effort.

One event dungeon instead of 5, with monsters that everyone short of takumi can pwn.

Scaled back design, scaled back rewards, increased grinding.

• @FatCat69 All good mate :)
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army