New Player Needs Help

Hi, thanks for all that you did for me last time! But this time I have another question. Since I'm a noob, (A level 15), what heroes should i use. I have most bronze heroes, shadowblade, Balog, Sifu, and IGOROK. Any good ideas about what heroes I should use for PvP and PvE? Thanks! :blush:

Comments

• Balog and Sifu you should lock in the Harry Potter cupboard under the stairs and throw away the key..
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • lol
  • I agree with him throw Sifu away Igorok is a problem to face tbh because of his freeze I would say pump him and Shadowblade ( you will be surprised by how much dmg a 2star one can do ) rest is a problem the ideal pvp way is one shot their heroes before they get their turns since ur lvl 15 any hero u got should be usefull for Pve you want a tank with a taunt and a healer nubnub always heals me to full so check him out :smile:
  • Do honor summon you might get a Ponti :P
  • ok thanks!
  • Pvp is a constantly shifting meta, and any answer for who you should work on is only applicable for two weeks at a time. Currently, I would advise working on Shade, Solaris, Hopper, Ekko, Stonefist, Ferno, Bauble, Koros, Valkin, Astrid, Zomm, Han.

Pve is a little more constant. Kobal is THE best Pve hero because he regains energy on kills, so you can lead off with him and he will clear every room solo with his first ability. It just requires atk runes. Besides Kobal, make sure to also work on beasts and undead.
  • wait echonap, should I use IGOROK then? because he is a beast.
  • I use Igo sometimes in pvp. He is a solid hero. But he's a monster, not a beast.
  • echonap wrote: »
    I use Igo sometimes in pvp. He is a solid hero. But he's a monster, not a beast.

I think figuratively lol. IGOROK is really good against some teams in pvp, he's just not a game changer like solaris, shade, zomm, etc.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • thanks for all of the help! if you have more suggestions, feel free to put more on here! :smiley:
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    IGOROK is absolutely a game-changer. Especially when you're level 15. I highly doubt level 15's see many Solaris' or Hoppers. Correct me if you're wrong, but your PvP raid selection is probably pretty diverse, as people are still figuring out what to do.

IGOROK used to be the Shatter team leader (and he still is), granting Water heroes huge buffs against Frozen enemies. Recently, they buffed him to also be a Monster, and also buffed his abilities. Now you can team him with Monsters (the first Monsters you'll get will be Mangle Jaw, Phemus, and Phenol Thoxian). He makes it so debuffed enemies hit Monsters for less damage per debuff (I believe it's -0.1x damage per debuff), which is kind of powerful since all the Monsters can apply debuffs like a politician handing out badges of himself smiling.

He also prevents enemies from retaliating against allied Monsters, but that will rarely ever be a game-changer. It's useful against Beasts, however. Even without allied Water or Monster heroes, he's still a powerful unit with very high stats. At level 15, you can probably use him on virtually any team and do very well.

Pontifex Mortis, The Furnace, Bauble, and Bramble are great heroes for you to get early. The Goblins aren't used in high-level PvP, but at low level I'd imagine they're still good. Plus, they're great for PvE. If they have Zomm in the Heroic Portal anytime before next Halloween, try everything in your power to get him, too. He works well with Ponti, and makes the Undead nearly unstoppable.

And then there's the Dwarves and Valkin. They're pretty good, but nothing you really need. Valkin can work amazingly with IGOROK, though, since he has an AoE Freeze on a 3-turn cooldown.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • thanks Jack! Also if it would help, my current team I have Shadowblade, Willow, IGOROK, and Sifu(Which I Plan to replace with NubNub). So is this team good?
  • also @LifeReaperBroom , should I use my current team? Shadowblade, Willow, IGOROK, and NubNub?
  • well, at your level, a team like that in pvp is really good, shadowblade is a great assassin character, IGOROK is IGOROK, and nubnub is a great early healer, willow is kinda weak, but she is annoying if she lasts past the first turn. Which pretty much means, shadowblade kills someone important/IGO freezes the survivors/and NubNub rubs salt in the wound by undoing any damage they had done. Most fast heroes are better than willow and I'd probably say she's gonna be the first one to go once you start getting better ones.
    As you unlock more characters you'll see some really good synergies amongst them. That's gonna be a main focus once you get a hero you can build a team around.
    Willow is really good when runed up properly. I remember the days of 1-shotting IGOROK's with her. Of course, now that IGOROK got buffed, that may not be so easy... but she's a reliable DPS hero who can dodge a lot of attacks, especially if she can get to use her Evasive Shot. Like Broom said, not as useful as your level goes higher and higher, but far from your worst choice.

Sifu might actually be really good at your rank. People underestimate his Feet of Fury, that can 1-shot almost any non-bulky hero at your rank. Probably.
  • oh yeah, so @LifeReaperBroom, so what should I replace Willow With?
  • Thanks, Jack. Also @JackHallow666 , so what hero should I replace willow when I get a higher level?
    Thanks, Jack. Also @JackHallow666 , so what hero should I replace willow when I get a higher level?

As far as Fast heroes go, Shade and Hopper are incredible together. They're a tad hard to obtain, though, without saving up for some Heroic summons. Wait til events that feature them come around. Also, the PvP event right now makes Fast heroes deal 0.5x damage, so it may not be a good idea to bring a lot of them right now.
  • thanks, buddy! Glad you could reply so quick. Since I can't get them right now, what should I replace them with, you know currently? Should I use Overlord Executum?
  • Also @JackHallow666, if not, is there any very good heroes that is beginner friendly that I can use?
    Also @JackHallow666, if not, is there any very good heroes that is beginner friendly that I can use?

Hm... Like I said, Willow isn't bad. But because of this event that makes Fast heroes hit like a thrown napkin, Executum isn't a bad call.

Do you have the Undead? Zomm and any Undead heroes are actually really strong in the current meta, and this PvP event makes Zomm even stronger.

A team that could potentially work well for a newer player could be some Beasts + NubNub. The Beasts make each other stronger, and Nub provides the healing. If you have Lupina, you could use her, Grog (if you don't have Grog, Bovus), Jabber/Julius, and NubNub. Even though Lupina is fast, her attack buff to Beasts is what makes her valuable here. And yes, I said Jabber. With the right runes, he can actually do a lot of damage.

Oh, and once you get Solaris, just replace that NubNub. She's the best Healer for PvP, hands down.
  • No sadly, I don't have any undead besides Executum. I only have terrible heroes + NubNub, Shadow, and IGOROK. Any like basic heroes you can recommend me? Also, how do you get Solaris?
    No sadly, I don't have any undead besides Executum. I only have terrible heroes + NubNub, Shadow, and IGOROK. Any like basic heroes you can recommend me? Also, how do you get Solaris?

Most of the Beasts you can just farm tokens for if you don't have. A beast time with NubNub is pretty strong early on. IGOROK and Water heroes work well unless, of course, the enemy has lots of Green heroes.

Stonefist is actually surprisingly strong now. He does 2x damage during this event, has synergy with Yasmin and IGOROK, and is immune to all debuffs. Try him out if you can get the runes on him.

As for getting Solaris... Previously, she was only available during Guild Invasion events, sorta like the one that's going on now. But way bigger. You could get tokens by doing the daily quests for the event, by buying them in the shop, and by winning them as rewards for being in a high-placing guild. I've seen deals pop up every now and then to just straight up buy tokens for her for real money... But I wouldn't exactly recommend those.

Sadly, all you can do is wait for another Solaris event. But once one happens, try really really hard to get her! She's great.
  • & also, if you ever get Zomm, try pairing him up with Pontifex, Overlord Executum and Shieldmaiden Astrid, lord Zomm gets 50% extra defence from a fully ascended Astrid with Cloth Guardian III, Plus an added 30% defence from Executums Undead Guard which totals up to 80% from an additive view & there is also the Undead Fervor Passive from Pontifex mortis which buffs Undead heroes Attack & Defence by an unknown amount since it does not show a numerical answer.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • ok thanks!
  • also what's the best way to get undead heroes? aka Lord Zomm, Yorick, and Life Reaper.
    @JackHallow666 @Apocalyptus
    also what's the best way to get undead heroes? aka Lord Zomm, Yorick, and Life Reaper.
    @JackHallow666 @Apocalyptus

Basically all the Undead besides Yorick are Heroic Summons. Wait for an Undead event. You want Yorick, Zomm, Hansuke and Executum.

You’ll eventually unlock the Tower of Pwnage, a daily series of battles you can do for extra rewards. You won’t be able to beat them all right off the bat. Yorick tokens are one of the main rewards for doing them, though.
  • also, how do you get heroic summons or gems quickly?
  • well, the fastest way to earn gems quickly would be the tower, which awards 275 upon completion, but as Jack said, you're most likely not gonna complete it at your level just due to its brutal nature against newer players. There are also the pvp tournaments every week that give a decent amount of gems, but I was already at gladiator I rank when they revamped pvp so I'm not exactly sure how well the recruit and brawler rewards are. If you can get yourself into a good guild and complete the daily crown quests, you can earn yourself a good amount of heroic summons through the weekly crown tournaments, from what I've seen, free summons don't expire so you would just save those up for a specific hero feature.
  • CreamBanan69CreamBanan69 Member
    edited November 17
    Rng is tricky ,you can sometimes end only with tokens ,and there is no guarantee you will get a new hero, so you might wanna save up on the gems till you can afford a 10 ( its 300 gems cheaper and guarantees one).

However if they make a portal event and only feature 6 or so heroes you might wanna blow some, i got a few good heroes that way,many tokens too so be warned.

The honor shop got some nice hero tokens ,that you purchase like Kozar,Grog-Gnog,Ella and several other,I had no troubles being in champion III
    and up using Hansuke, Jabber ,Shade(i got lucky but you got Igo) and Shadowblade,or just bet on he honor summon and hope you will keep getting shadowblade , so you can star him.