Fan Hero Idea: Mako, Winter's Bite!

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited April 14 in Fan-Made Heroes
Mako, Winter's Bite

5pccoi2gwz2u.jpg

Mako has trained his entire life in the cold, making his whole body naturally resistant to the effects of it. His arrows, however, definitely got wrapped in ice, and can deliver spine-chilling attacks from afar! Mako is usually quiet, allowing the howling winds of winter to hide his location. He keeps to himself most of the time, even in battle; But when the opportunity arises, he won't hesitate to turn a potential threat into a popsicle. Some say he keeps a miniature blizzard raging inside of his quiver.

Stats (Lv70, 6*):
Health - 3,728
Attack - 1,801
Defense - 1,555
Skill - 1,627
Hit Chance - 100%
Crit Chance - 5% (+20%)
Dodge Chance - 0% (+12/19%)
[Water Resist] - 33%
[Chill Resist] - 33% (-200%)
[Frostbite Resist] - 33% (-200%)
[Fire Resist] - 18%
[Spirit Resist] - 6%

Element: Water
[Rogue/Legendary]
Passive Abilities:
0A:
Winter's Bite - Upon starting a battle, all enemies are Slowed for 2 turns.
Icicle Arrows - Basic attacks have a chance to Chill, and Crits will both Chill and Slow the target.
Cold-Blooded - This Hero is Immune to becoming Frozen, but more susceptible to becoming Chilled or Frostbitten. In addition, when this Hero is Chilled, they will gain +2 energy per turn; And when this Hero is Frostbitten, they will heal [20%] of their Max Health when using abilities.
Shifty - Innate ability to dodge attacks.
1A:
Shifty II - Innate ability to dodge attacks.
Critically Cold - This Hero will always Crit targets that are Chilled, Frostbitten, or Frozen.
Blinding Snow - Enemies that are Chilled or Frostbitten will have their Hit Chance reduced by [10%], [15%] if both Chilled and Frozen.
2A:
Blinding Snow II - Enemies that are Chilled or Frostbitten will have their Hit Chance reduced by [20%], [30%] if both Chilled and Frozen.
Killer Cold - Allies on Mako's team that can apply Frostbite will instead apply Boss Frostbite. Additionally, Chilled enemies will take damage every turn they are Chilled.

Abilities:
Arctic Arrow - Basic Physical Ranged attack that deals [49.5% Attack] damage. Grants Mako +1 energy when attacking a Chilled or Frostbitten enemy.

Eternal Winter I/II/III - Ranged Water attack that deals [20.0/40.0/60.0% Attack] damage to all enemies, Chills all enemies, and then grants all allies Chill Bane [II/III/IV] for [2/2/3] turns, increasing their damage against Chilled enemies. If this attack kills an enemy, all Water allies are granted Haste.
Cooldown: 6

Howling Shot - Mako becomes Evading for 2 turns. Ranged Water attack that deals [92.8% Attack] damage, Ignores Armor, and applies Frostbite to the target. If this attack kills the target, all enemies become Frostbitten, and Mako gains 'Wolf's Eye' for 3 turns. Wolf's Eye gives Mako perfect accuracy, and +[35%] Crit, while active.

Barrage of Hail - Physical Ranged attack that deals [70.0% Attack] damage to all enemies, with a chance to Chill or Frostbite.
Cooldown: 3
Post edited by JackHallow666 on

Comments

• Two heroes! Nice. Forgive me but i thought he was a girl till i saw his chest was exposed, he is too handsome.

Where do i start, the art is beautiful i love that smirk,that,and the arrow head.His Eternal Winter does so much while his Barrage of Hail feels like a more damaging weaker version of it,you can do better.Maybe move the haste to the last move.

But oh boy,oh he is so cool, if I understand correctly his passive makes him kinda a fast hero (and his allies xD). If only you made him meet a dying ice creature, that gave him powers,making him half a monster to further synergize with Igorock.

Good job mate.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Two heroes! Nice. Forgive me but i thought he was a girl till i saw his chest was exposed, he is too handsome.

Where do i start, the art is beautiful i love that smirk,that,and the arrow head.His Eternal Winter does so much while his Barrage of Hail feels like a more damaging weaker version of it,you can do better.Maybe move the haste to the last move.

But oh boy,oh he is so cool, if I understand correctly his passive makes him kinda a fast hero (and his allies xD). If only you made him meet a dying ice creature, that gave him powers,making him half a monster to further synergize with Igorock.

Good job mate.

Hey thanks! His last ability is simple, yes, but it’s also on a 3 Turn Cooldown. Sort of like Skull Cracker or Rampage, it’s a weaker ability on a shorter Cooldown to give him some reliable damage from time to time.

Also you wouldn’t exactly be wrong to think he’s a girl... Or was, anyways. Those scars on his chest aren’t from battle. That’s all I’m gonna say lol.
  • Those scars on his chest aren’t from battle. That’s all I’m gonna say lol.
    Oh my, well well I like your art style it looks like chalk/crayon.

What do you draw with,and what inspired you to start drawing and making heroes for DB ?
    Those scars on his chest aren’t from battle. That’s all I’m gonna say lol.
    Oh my, well well I like your art style it looks like chalk/crayon.

What do you draw with,and what inspired you to start drawing and making heroes for DB ?

Autodesk Sketchbook, an art app on my iPhone. I just draw with my fingers. I use a special type of pencil on the app to get that chalky effect. It’s a free app to try out. For a small donation you’ll also get all the pencil and pen types, more layers and more save space.
  • HANZO????
  • ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited November 2017
    I checked the statistics and everything looks all good, I had to make some small adjustments to make some of it more "thematic" without losing the @JackHallow666 flare. (that & I corrected an alphabetical typo in the icicle arrows. honestly, what does it do "Pennywise", give enemies "change" LOL.) but otherwise, it is a pretty good hero idea and quite frankly, I like it, its a real Ici-killer. :)

I also italicised the ability names so that you can see the changes/corrections I made as I tend to "Bold" them for easier reference.
    Stats (Lv70, 6*):
    Health - 3,728
    Attack - 1,801
    Defense - 1,555
    Skill - 1,627
    Hit Chance - 100%
    Crit Chance - 5% (+20%)
    [Water Resist] - 33%
    [Fire Resist] - 16%
    [Spirit Resist] - 6%

[Rogue/Legendary]
    Passive Abilities:
    Unascended:
    Winter's Bite - Upon starting a battle/entering a dungeon, all enemies are Slowed for 2 turns.
    Icicle Arrows - Basic attacks have a chance to Chill, Critical hits will both Chill and Slow the target.
    Cold-Blooded Embrace - This Hero is Immune to the Frozen Debuff. In addition, this hero gains more energy while chilled instead of preventing energy gains & takes no damage from Frostbite & Boss Frostbite.
    1st Ascension:
    Criticold Heart - Attacks from this Hero are a guaranteed Critical hit when attacking a Chilled, Frozen or Frostbitten foe.
    Blinding Snow - Enemies that are Chilled or Frostbitten will have their Accuracy reduced by [10%], 20% if the enemy is both chilled and frostbitten.
    2nd Ascension:
    Blinding Snow II - Enemies that are Chilled or Frostbitten will have their Accuracy reduced by [20%], 40% if both chilled and frostbitten.
    Freezer Burn - Any Allied Hero that applies frostbite to an enemy while on a team with Mako, will Apply "Boss Frostbite" instead, making those enemies take 45% Damage to their Health when using an ability. Additionally, Chilled enemies will take damage every turn for the Chilled Debuffs duration.

Abilities:
    Arctic Arrow - Basic Physical Ranged attack that deals [49.5% Attack] damage. Grants Mako +1 energy when attacking a Chilled or Frostbitten enemy or +2 when attacking an enemy that is both Chilled and Frostbitten.

Eternal Winter I/II/III - Spectacular Physical Water attack that deals [20.0/40.0/60.0% Attack] damage to all enemies, Chills all enemies, and grants all allies Chill Bane [II/III/IV] for [2 at II and III, 3 at IV.] turns, increasing their damage against Chilled enemies. If this attack kills an enemy, all Water allies are granted Haste.
    Cooldown: 7

Howling Shot - A Ranged Water attack that deals [92.8% Attack] damage, Grants Mako Evasion for 2 turns, Ignores Armor, and applies Frostbite to the target. If this attack kills the target, all enemies become Frostbitten, and Grants Mako the "Wolves Eye" buff for 3 turns. Wolves Eye grants Mako Perfected Quiver (Shots cannot be missed, nor be dodged ), and +[35%] Crit, while active.

Barrage of Hail - A Physical Ranged attack that deals [70.0% Attack] damage to all enemies, with a chance to Chill, Freeze or Frostbite.
    Cooldown: 5

Notes:
    • I tinkered with critically cold to work similarly to Life Reaper Broms "Heart Stopper V" passive which guarantees a critical hit when the opponent has 25% or less health. except for this one which grants the hero a guaranteed critical when attacking a chilled, frozen or frostbitten foe respectively.
    • Freezer Burn turns Frostbite into Boss Frostbite when heroes are on a team with mako, making for a truly "Legendary" synergy.
    • Corrected "Wolfs eye" into "Wolves Eye" and made it so that it Grants "Perfected Quiver" which is like a ranged version of perfect swing, the hero cannot miss nor be dodged. but it still retains the critical bonus as intended.
    • adjusted the blinding snow so that it typographically shows that it reduces an opponents accuracy whenever they are chilled or frostbitten as well as improving its effectiveness if the target in particular is both chilled and frostbitten at the same time.
    • Adjusted cooldowns in accordance to the slightly reworked passives.
    • and much more. (just look for the "Bolded" parts.)
    Total Zomminionation.
    I checked the statistics and everything looks all good, I had to make some small adjustments to make some of it more "thematic" without losing the @JackHallow666 flare. (that & I corrected an alphabetical typo in the icicle arrows. honestly, what does it do "Pennywise", give enemies "change" LOL.) but otherwise, it is a pretty good hero idea and quite frankly, I like it, its a real Ici-killer. :)

I also italicised the ability names so that you can see the changes/corrections I made as I tend to "Bold" them for easier reference.
    Stats (Lv70, 6*):
    Health - 3,728
    Attack - 1,801
    Defense - 1,555
    Skill - 1,627
    Hit Chance - 100%
    Crit Chance - 5% (+20%)
    [Water Resist] - 33%
    [Fire Resist] - 16%
    [Spirit Resist] - 6%

[Rogue/Legendary]
    Passive Abilities:
    Unascended:
    Winter's Bite - Upon starting a battle/entering a dungeon, all enemies are Slowed for 2 turns.
    Icicle Arrows - Basic attacks have a chance to Chill, Critical hits will both Chill and Slow the target.
    Cold-Blooded Embrace - This Hero is Immune to the Frozen Debuff. In addition, this hero gains more energy while chilled instead of preventing energy gains & takes no damage from Frostbite & Boss Frostbite.
    1st Ascension:
    Criticold Heart - Attacks from this Hero are a guaranteed Critical hit when attacking a Chilled, Frozen or Frostbitten foe.
    Blinding Snow - Enemies that are Chilled or Frostbitten will have their Accuracy reduced by [10%], 20% if the enemy is both chilled and frostbitten.
    2nd Ascension:
    Blinding Snow II - Enemies that are Chilled or Frostbitten will have their Accuracy reduced by [20%], 40% if both chilled and frostbitten.
    Freezer Burn - Any Allied Hero that applies frostbite to an enemy while on a team with Mako, will Apply "Boss Frostbite" instead, making those enemies take 45% Damage to their Health when using an ability. Additionally, Chilled enemies will take damage every turn for the Chilled Debuffs duration.

Abilities:
    Arctic Arrow - Basic Physical Ranged attack that deals [49.5% Attack] damage. Grants Mako +1 energy when attacking a Chilled or Frostbitten enemy or +2 when attacking an enemy that is both Chilled and Frostbitten.

Eternal Winter I/II/III - Spectacular Physical Water attack that deals [20.0/40.0/60.0% Attack] damage to all enemies, Chills all enemies, and grants all allies Chill Bane [II/III/IV] for [2 at II and III, 3 at IV.] turns, increasing their damage against Chilled enemies. If this attack kills an enemy, all Water allies are granted Haste.
    Cooldown: 7

Howling Shot - A Ranged Water attack that deals [92.8% Attack] damage, Grants Mako Evasion for 2 turns, Ignores Armor, and applies Frostbite to the target. If this attack kills the target, all enemies become Frostbitten, and Grants Mako the "Wolves Eye" buff for 3 turns. Wolves Eye grants Mako Perfected Quiver (Shots cannot be missed, nor be dodged ), and +[35%] Crit, while active.

Barrage of Hail - A Physical Ranged attack that deals [70.0% Attack] damage to all enemies, with a chance to Chill, Freeze or Frostbite.
    Cooldown: 5

Notes:
    • I tinkered with critically cold to work similarly to Life Reaper Broms "Heart Stopper V" passive which guarantees a critical hit when the opponent has 25% or less health. except for this one which grants the hero a guaranteed critical when attacking a chilled, frozen or frostbitten foe respectively.
    • Freezer Burn turns Frostbite into Boss Frostbite when heroes are on a team with mako, making for a truly "Legendary" synergy.
    • Corrected "Wolfs eye" into "Wolves Eye" and made it so that it Grants "Perfected Quiver" which is like a ranged version of perfect swing, the hero cannot miss nor be dodged. but it still retains the critical bonus as intended.
    • adjusted the blinding snow so that it typographically shows that it reduces an opponents accuracy whenever they are chilled or frostbitten as well as improving its effectiveness if the target in particular is both chilled and frostbitten at the same time.
    • Adjusted cooldowns in accordance to the slightly reworked passives.
    • and much more. (just look for the "Bolded" parts.)

Oh, I actually kind of like the idea of making him vulnerable to Chill/Frostbite, but becoming stronger. Like how Zomm became stronger when Diseased (before his rework, that is). Some of that stuff seems to be the same thing, just worded differently. I appreciate that, and will chance what I can.
    edited January 25
    However, I'm not changing everything. I appreciate your feedback, really! But some things I kept for a reason. Namely Arctic Arrow and Barrage of Hail.

Arctic Arrow is staying how it is because I believe having the potential to get a guaranteed +2 energy on every auto, even if the circumstances are uncommon, is a bit powerful. And Barrage of Hail is staying the way it is because I wanted him to have a reliable, short-cooldown AoE that deals low damage and applies Chill, so his Arctic Arrow will always have a Chilled enemy to gain energy from.

If he were real, you'd have to switch between using his basic attacks and abilities to get the most out of him. Doing so would give him a steady flow of energy (not to mention, if he gets Chilled, he's got even more). And having a steady flow of energy means more abilities, which just starts the loop over again! Unlike most heroes, you'd have to carefully watch and time his abilities precisely to make the most out of him. Sort of like Grog or Valkin, actually. Which happen to be some of my favorite heroes gameplay-wise.

By the way, I actually made Cold-Blooded even more powerful than you suggested. When he's Frostbitten, he'll not only take no damage from using abilities, but heal from it! I just figured... If he just ignores the effects of Frostbitten, but can still become Frostbitten, why not just make him Immune? There has to be an upside to him becoming Frostbitten. And no, sorry, but he'll still only heal 20% even when Boss Frostbitten... Just to keep things somewhat fair!
    I'm thinking about re-doing this hero's passives and abilities. Thinking about making him an Honorbound hero, now that that's a thing. Giving him new passives to synergize with Honorbound heroes, and to make him more balanced.

Anyone have ideas for what I could do?
  • He looks like a girl
    He looks like a girl

Well maybe there's a reason for that! :wink:
  • hatredhatred Member
    His first trait is an awesome idea (we need start of game effects that apply to enemies) but it is way too overpowered. An unconditional slow that hits everyone is way too good.
    Maybe it could only effect enemies of a certain class (like warriors or rogues).
  • I'm thinking about re-doing this hero's passives and abilities. Thinking about making him an Honorbound hero, now that that's a thing. Giving him new passives to synergize with Honorbound heroes, and to make him more balanced.

Anyone have ideas for what I could do?

Maybe more Honorbound team Passives. The only one we have so far is Takumi having Honorbound allies revenge attacks.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Jack made this before honorbound came out.
  • He can give honorbound allies a chance to slow
    I made the idea before Honorbound heroes, but I went back and changed them to synergize with Honorbound heroes :smile: