Solaris nerf needed immediately

HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
For the past few weeks I have been experiencing an unprecedented difficulty with the tower thanks to the brokenness of Solaris and the teams she is working with. Not only do I run into floors that are impossible to beat in any sense of the word but occasionally I will encounter multiple floors. Normally the use of Zomm, Leonidus, or a good shatter team is enough but today I encountered three of these things and they promptly caused me to lose the tower for the first time since it's release.

I do have to say that this is not fun in the slightest and I have been experiencing a rather distasteful drop in entertainment from Dungeon Boss recently. I now only gather guild crowns every day and that is it. I advise revamping Solaris so she is not so broken and DOESNT EAT UP 54 HEROES WITH ONE FLOOR.

Thank you.

BTW nice additions with updates to Zomm and Bramble. Very fun to use. Hoping a nice PVE event comes along soon as I have been very disinterested with a lack of tokens and items to buy recently.
Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
In game Level: 70
Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
I'm on Twitter regularly

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Great to have you back Haxus. Shows that even people who haven’t been present for months will still be able to see how bad the recent events were. Hopefully the devs take notice.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Great to have you back Haxus. Shows that even people who haven’t been present for months will still be able to see how bad the recent events were. Hopefully the devs take notice.

see jack?

Say his name three times and he appears.
  • Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    Great to have you back Haxus. Shows that even people who haven’t been present for months will still be able to see how bad the recent events were. Hopefully the devs take notice.

see jack?

Actually I'm attracted by the scent of bagels.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• farfellafarfella Member
    edited November 2017
    Bagelwich?!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    danac wrote: »

see jack?

Actually I'm attracted by the scent of bagels.

I’ll work on a bagel-themed Hero right away.
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees Solaris needs to be nerfed immediately, its ridiculous! She was designed to be the Shade/Hopper destroyer from what I've gathered, but come on, they nerf MK for being overpowered only to replace him with someone(in my opinion) 2-3 times more powerful! As you said, plain and simple, it takes away from the fun of the game. Today for instance, I had 3 floors in a row with Solaris in it, needless to say I didn't make it past them.
    Hopefully the devs will take notice.

You all have a great holiday weekend!
  • Yes, it's nuts. Had to quit at floor 10 with the same defense team for the same reason. Simply ran out of heroes to stop the endless cycle of bugged rebirth.
  • I agree. Solaris takes the fun out of the game. I had been a away a few months and came back to this totally broken target.
    Tower runs suck and once i hit Legend again every team i got up against is some Solaris team.

This toon is hard to hit and its mechanics are stupid. I not sure what the intended effect of this toon was but the unintended are ridiculous. Whole team resurrections, hard to hit and the list goes on. I can take a 2500 power team against a 1600 and loose. Its **** up.

Please do something. I did not mind supporting this game before, but i cant see being financially supportive till this is fixed.
    I see this as being the likely reason ill stop playing if i keep running up against this brick wall that stands in the way of enjoying this game.
  • i personally never had trouble with solaris until the tower came along, and i had to fight 3 bloody solaris teams that simply did not want to die

one floor i lost my zomm to a stupid mix from a grog conviniently critting him with both basic attacks on just him, and from then on out i wasted about 25 incompetent feeder heros that i use to eat up their abilities(dont have the runes or gold to upgrade them right now) and 15 of my best fighters other than my koros, ponti, hansuke, and zomm team that usually wipes the floor with stupid solaris

however with anything less than the max zomm you can get for your level, solaris simply does not want to die

arn't their bodies supossed to be MOVED when they are still dead at the end of the tower round

apparently not because i sent in my best fighters after i thought solaris was gone(dead right before tower ended no pheonix feather on him cause last tsume move removed it before he died)

guess what?

nt only was the corpse still there, it ran fully charged and ressurected itself, Leonidas, and the lupina!!

stupid, just stupid
  • FrogatismFrogatism Member
    edited November 2017
    I’ve never had so much difficulty with the tower until solar came into play. Now I’m double checking my entire tower to make sure I’m aware of any solar teams. If there are any Solaris teams, ones that are a complete handful. be sure to save your absolute best heroes to defeat them, otherwise the probability of not finishing the tower is pretty high.

The only teams for me that seem to make any progress towards beating the Solaris based teams are Solaris, Julius, Leo, grog knog. I’ve also had success with zomm, brom, exec, shade. Both shade and zomm can make heroes disappear and gets arid of the chance of Solaris reviving them over and over, if they survive long enough that is.

Anywho, I think Solaris has too much influence and will probably be tuned down because of that.
  • Here I am still auto running my tower to the top every day >.>

Torchy Solaris Ferno Grog normally gets me to the top in about 10 minutes of auto abilities. If they die I switch to undead auto and go the rest of the way. As long as Zomm lives all the other hero deaths don't count.
  • FrogatismFrogatism Member
    edited November 2017
    Here I am still auto running my tower to the top every day >.>

Torchy Solaris Ferno Grog normally gets me to the top in about 10 minutes of auto abilities. If they die I switch to undead auto and go the rest of the way. As long as Zomm lives all the other hero deaths don't count.

Your runes must be pretty good. I’d only expect top tier players to be able to auto run tower at the current state that it’s in.
  • edited November 2017
    I love full Solaris beast taunt teams at floor 9, 10 and 11. GG

Edit: that was sarcasm btw
  • Frogatism wrote: »
    Here I am still auto running my tower to the top every day >.>

Your runes must be pretty good. I’d only expect top tier players to be able to auto run tower at the current state that it’s in.

says the guy in first place for tower floors all time. By over 1000 floors.*

I'm about #550 in roster power and I'm seeing 1-3 deaths per tower run.
    So it's not a problem for me either.

The issue seems to be the Solaris bug where you have to have a team kill the floor all at once, instead of piecemeal like normal.

I can see that being a huge deal, and the only ting I can say for people having this trouble is to start sending scrub teams for non Solaris floors and save your absolute best anti-solaris teams for those floors.

*By all means, frog, if you're having issues, please take a few days** off from running the tower.

** or weeks.
  • Pack tactics needs a nerf, not Solaris.
    I just got wiped out on floor 2 by level 69 solaris, grog, lupina, and pignus. All my top hero's were destroyed by pack tactics.

I don't even have this much difficulty in pvp.

Not cussing is work right now...
  • Oh pack tactics definitely seemed bugged, like all the tower heros apparently attacked twice, and pack tactics seemed to initiate on there attack, not on defense, with none of my heroes performing a revenge hit.
  • If Solaris got a nerf, every other OP pvp hero needs to get nerfed. Solaris is there to allow people to defeat dark teams without being one shot and its over. This is what Goretusk is for too.
  • This thread will soon be forgotten in favor of the “Goretusk needs to be nerfed immediately” thread.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    This thread will soon be forgotten in favor of the “Goretusk needs to be nerfed immediately” thread.

goretusk dosent need a nerf tho
    The Great Monk- Key shall protect my dungeon from attacks

SparkleStarley
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    This thread will soon be forgotten in favor of the “Goretusk needs to be nerfed immediately” thread.

Neither does Solaris.
    bvs72 wrote: »
    bvs72 wrote: »

Neither does Solaris.

I think Solaris needs a nerf, but then the other Beasts could be buffed so that they don't have to have Solaris on their team to actually be good. As it stands, Beasts are useless in PvP without Solaris. It didn't use to be that way...
  • More accurately, Solaris's "From the Ashes" passive should be slightly reworked so that it does not start powered or at least give it a 5-6 turn recharge instead of 3 and make it start half charged. Most losses that occur are usually because of how fast Solaris can resurrect.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • I swear Solaris resurrects way faster than her ability description seems to suggest. It reliably happens under 2 turns beyond the "starting powered" nature of it. I posted about this in the Bug subforum for clarification, haven't gotten a response (it is the holidays though).

Fighting Solaris just gets so, so, so old. It's quite interesting to me though: people attack the MK nerf (and I agree, he was bashed over the head too hard) for devaluing previous work/purchases, but fail to apply that argument to the release of new, OP heroes? Having one hero completely shift the meta is terrible balancing, and is exactly why this game's combat system is on a perpetual upswing of power-creep. It's why so many heroes fall off the radar, get buffed, and then still fall off again.
    More accurately, Solaris's "From the Ashes" passive should be slightly reworked so that it does not start powered or at least give it a 5-6 turn recharge instead of 3 and make it start half charged. Most losses that occur are usually because of how fast Solaris can resurrect.

All they need to do is change it so it doesn't charge while she's alive. Once she dies, then it can start it's 3-turn charge. Currently it can charge WHILE she's alive, meaning it's practically instantaneous most of the time.
  • More accurately, Solaris's "From the Ashes" passive should be slightly reworked so that it does not start powered or at least give it a 5-6 turn recharge instead of 3 and make it start half charged. Most losses that occur are usually because of how fast Solaris can resurrect.

All they need to do is change it so it doesn't charge while she's alive. Once she dies, then it can start it's 3-turn charge. Currently it can charge WHILE she's alive, meaning it's practically instantaneous most of the time.

Ah, that's what's causing the behavior I was talking about? Yes, that's completely and utterly silly. That change alone would be major.
  • Just left a tower early for the first time in ages because it had 5 solaris fights in it.

Whomever attends these guild summit events, I implore you to directly ask the devs about Solaris.
  • ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited January 1
    More accurately, Solaris's "From the Ashes" passive should be slightly reworked so that it does not start powered or at least give it a 5-6 turn recharge instead of 3 and make it start half charged. Most losses that occur are usually because of how fast Solaris can resurrect.

Normally I would agree (which I did) but one thing to add, because it "starts powered", it would mean that Solaris can instantly resurrect after the end of the phase (when every other hero has had their turn.) but maybe...

Maybe if Solaris's ability were tinkered with so that it takes 4 turns to charge while Fallen and that the level II version makes it start Half-Charged so that it gives both sides a fair chance, especially counting the fact her untameable spirit and Phoenix feathers combined make it nearly impossible (impossible to possess though) to remove her ash corpse unless you have Lord Zomm to use taste for Brains since it removes any buffs on a corpse before devouring or the Buff has been removed by a move such as purging pyre, snakes on the plains, etc. prior to Solaris's death. because with most Solaris defences, some people think they go in prepared but when it does not go right for the offensive team, they either blame themselves (not always) or on something else from which the terms and conditions prohibit, Solaris defences are gonna be even harder now that goretusk has landed.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • The problem is if you nerf Solaris, you have to nerf Zomm/Hopper. Kira was already nerfed, so you have nerf Koros. Nerf Koros, and you have to nerf Shade. Nerf shade, and you have to nerf Kai. Its basically imbalance is scaled by more imbalance to equal it out. Each meta hero is here to balance out another meta hero, so if you nerf one meta hero you gonna nerf all the other ones. Grog doesnt have a specific place in the meta, so I guess he goes untouched. But do you see where I'm going here?
  • There is no issue with Solaris.

Re: the tower, there's an issue with the tower. But Solaris is just fine the way she is.