You wouldn't do this in real life. Why is it acceptable to do it in game?

I delete 10+ friend requests daily. It seems like every time I log in, I have 2-3 unsolicited friend requests. In real life, you would not approach strangers out of the blue and ask them to be friends. You strike up a conversation first, see if there are any common interests, etc.

P.S. Yes, this is a joke topic

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Maybe they’re just lonely.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited November 2017
    What if for every friend you had in life you got $10 a day.

Do you think that would change the dynamics of how we approach making friends in real life?
  • @MattCauthron - if that were the case, most of us wouldn't have to work.

But in DB world, we get nothing for just having a friend. And very little if they actually use your hero. Not sure how your comment relates.
  • echonap wrote: »
    I delete 10+ friend requests daily. It seems like every time I log in, I have 2-3 unsolicited friend requests. In real life, you would not approach strangers out of the blue and ask them to be friends. You strike up a conversation first, see if there are any common interests, etc.

P.S. Yes, this is a joke topic

It's all Derrick/Derek's right?
  • echonap wrote: »
    @MattCauthron - if that were the case, most of us wouldn't have to work.

But in DB world, we get nothing for just having a friend. And very little if they actually use your hero. Not sure how your comment relates.

Those friends are the only way I get totems - I find them pretty valuable personally.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited November 2017
    I see you are new to the age-old art of trolling. In my trolling of the ancients, a beginners guide to trolling book (published 1425 B.C. Trollister and Co.) rule number 746 on page 345, I observe that it is important for one not to have to specify that their troll is, in fact, a troll. You might want to read the book. 10/10 would recommend.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Listen to @farfella, she is on my friend list. Unlike @momdukz and @Veronica, she is not a friend with benefits but she is still kinda of cute.
  • I feel like it would be funny to tell you now that I am not a "she" but knowing you, I feel as if you would then not be as nice to me. I am going to do it anyway. @bvs72
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Tricked you into reveling your gender.
  • Maybe I lied because I knew that is what you are trying to do.
    Also, go gorgons!
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Tricked you into reveling your gender.

I feel as tho there are better uses for your posts.

like killing squirrels.
    [just don't tell.... well, you know.]
  • "You wouldn't do this in real life."

...other people *don't* do that in real life?
  • @bvs72 yes, it is a wee bit beneficial being my friend....
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️