Level Capped Retires

Since the early days of Dungeon Boss, Level Capped has been there fighting for first place in every event offered. We have made our mark and enjoyed the competition the community has provided.

With the start of 2018, Level Capped will be retiring our brand. We will continue to participate in the Winterfest activities but at the conclusion of Winterfest, Level Capped will be no more.

With no end game content, Dungeon Boss has been declining for quite some time. Having a fantastic Line Group community has held everyone together through all the good times and bad. Unfortunately, we have reached the point where too many of us are frustrated with the current state of the game and have no hope left for new content that will never come.

I wanted to say thank you to the community for always being active and engaged. Thank you to Level Capped for your dedication to excellence. Thank you to Aegis of Athena, The Underworld, Potato Army for having top notch guilds and always providing awesome competition. Thank you to the VAS family of guilds for being part of our Level Capped family. And last, thank you to my fellow Meta Focus Group members who have worked so hard trying to make the game better every day.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sad day. A real shame that the developers have zero interest in developing end game material and or continuing to expand on what started so magnificently. Last one to leave Dungeon Boss, please turn off the lights.
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Sad day. A real shame that the developers have zero interest in developing end game material and or continuing to expand on what started so magnificently. Last one to leave Dungeon Boss, please turn off the lights.

That would be me.

I've said it before, I'll outlast you all.
    Pupuer I'm coming for all your #1 rankings.
  • AtizZAtizZ Member
    :'(
  • Don't see pattumeros in the top notch guilds' list. this post can't be serious
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • jason58jason58 Member
    edited December 1
    Sad day :(

Edit: @melkio hey! Long time no see. What happened to pattumeros? I remember when you approached me a long time ago to merge fusion and pattumeros into one guild. I had to take a break shortly after that
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    You're welcome.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• So long, and thanks for all the firsts

Love that, after 643 days or so as a Level Capped member its sad that there isn’t more of an end game plan but I’ll retire and move on and keep the good memories of the fun we had
  • Fake News, like 99% of the US media? Same goal - to stir the pot in the hopes of pushing their agenda? Granted it is same agenda as much of the end game community, however, remember the recent drama where they were only going to reach the minimum games reward threshold?

LC, you played this hand. Smells like another bluff. If not, hat remains off for putting together one heck of a franchise. There is nothing left to accomplish. God speed.

I estimate about four to six months before I'm in the same boat. My clock is ticking...
  • DeetrDeetr Member
    I want to say thanks to Level Capped for being who they are. I got to spend some time among your ranks and had a blast while I was there. I burned out on the game a little faster than the rest of you, but I had hopes that the game would spark my interest enough to start performing at LC levels again. I still have hopes for the game and won't phase out completely, but I think that the people in Level Capped are top notch folks.

Thanks for the fun times and for setting the bar high. I'll miss LC.

-Deeter
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited December 1
    I can't wait for winterfest!

@bvs72 do you enjoy branding ?

Edit: come 2018 @bvs72 you'll have to find a new brand to be loyal to, are you up for the challenge?
    Post edited by iphonesheep on
  • I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I will miss the flags.

Joel: EEJ, what should we do?
    EEJ: We will keep Winterfest going all year long so that they can’t leave. We need them here until we can finally ban that dumb muppet.

This is the first time I have ever agreed with you. I guess maybe it is really time for LC to retire cause that’s clearly some end of days type stuff.
  • I will miss you all greatly. Thank you for helping me be the player I am today. The family aspect of our group chat will be a large hole in my days and especially Friday and Saturday evening.
  • this feels like the begginning of a huge quitting of players, in fact, just reading this has made me quit dungeon boss for good after 3 years. Big Fish, i wish you luck after your most popular game dies(plz do dungeon boss 2)

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Ironogre wrote: »
    What exactly is end game content? I understand the premise, you've beaten everything the game has to offer, and you want more. The only problem is that when something new comes along (solaris, marrow, zomm's epic, bramble's epic) you're already so heavy with resources you max it out almost immediatly, leaving you where you started.
    Like all of you, I have been playing games a long time, and the the amount of games I still play that I did 5 years ago is zero. It's the nature of video games that you play it, beat it, and move on. It happens with every game. EVERY GAME! However, can you just go peacefully? I didn't send a letter to Nintendo saying "hey, I need more content for Mario" I just moved on quietly without spreading toxicity.
    I have been playing Dungeon Boss from the start. Before keys, stars for levels, when all the pvp defenders went before the attacker (even the slow heros). This game has added tons of heros since then, added epics, challenge mode, boss mode, the islands, the tower, the aether shop. There is constantly new content being added. I would love for it to come faster, but hey, I want Borderlands 3 as well, but I'm not going to complain to 2k every day that they need to do that. Just this week we got counters for free portals. Something that's been requested by us. They are listening to us. I'm sorry it's not happening at the speed you want, but it is happening.

That's the old problem with 'End game content'. But some games get around this with new things to do, new ways to do old things, or random new challenges every so often. Basically, things you've done before, but remixed to seem fresh and new. The problem is, Dungeon Boss is very limited as to what exactly you can do. It's not this huge, open-world roaming sandbox game like Minecraft. There's not infinite possibility.

I think the best thing they could do for end-gamers is to, one, finish the flippin' campaign. And two, add more pointless stuff. Yeah. I mean that. See, if they keep adding things that have some type of purpose to them, like new rarities of runes, new heroes, event levels, Epics, etc, then we'll run into the exact problem you brought up - the old 'end-game' content will simply be pushed to whatever's at the end of all the new purposeful content.

However, if you add a bunch of pointless stuff, stuff that only has value in that it makes you happy, it's fun, it looks cool, etc., you'll have something end-gamers will actually want to complete, rather than stuff they have to complete to stay relevant. I'm not just talking new skins, I'm talking new achievements, My Dungeon customization, Town Hub customization, special effects you could add to your hero, or even fun, pointless mini-games you could play with your heroes when you're bored.

The reason being is that pointless content like this is limitless. With stuff like campaign levels or rune crafting, once you've done it, it's over. But with decoration or mini-games, it can be entertaining as long as you can make it entertaining. For example - Plants Vs Zombies is a game I played when I was 10 years old. I'm 18 now. I've recently downloaded it again and played through it - and it's been the most fun I've had in some time. Not just the main campaign, but the mini-games especially. The little garden you can tend to that's almost entirely pointless other than looking nice and being relaxing. That's what I think DB needs. Totally pointless content with infinite possibilities on what you can do with it. But only after they finish the campaign.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • danac wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Sad day. A real shame that the developers have zero interest in developing end game material and or continuing to expand on what started so magnificently. Last one to leave Dungeon Boss, please turn off the lights.

That would be me.

I've said it before, I'll outlast you all.
    Pupuer I'm coming for all your #1 rankings.

@danac we are in for the long haul, you and me buddy! I'm playing this game till DB pulls the plug. Invested way to much time to start playing something else :wink:

• Drocas wrote: »
    Just lost a guild? Looking for a new one. The Empire is recruiting

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55194/the-empire-is-recruiting

Well you guys are going to be bored now! Keep up the motivation! Would be Sad to see this game without atleast 1 superior power.

There is no hiding it. I loved the competition between AOA and LC. You guys made it exciting every GG. I just hope that the competition between us in the #2-#10 spots continue to be as exciting.

• Ironogre wrote: »
    What exactly is end game content? I understand the premise, you've beaten everything the game has to offer, and you want more. The only problem is that when something new comes along (solaris, marrow, zomm's epic, bramble's epic) you're already so heavy with resources you max it out almost immediatly, leaving you where you started.
    Like all of you, I have been playing games a long time, and the the amount of games I still play that I did 5 years ago is zero. It's the nature of video games that you play it, beat it, and move on. It happens with every game. EVERY GAME! However, can you just go peacefully? I didn't send a letter to Nintendo saying "hey, I need more content for Mario" I just moved on quietly without spreading toxicity.
    I have been playing Dungeon Boss from the start. Before keys, stars for levels, when all the pvp defenders went before the attacker (even the slow heros). This game has added tons of heros since then, added epics, challenge mode, boss mode, the islands, the tower, the aether shop. There is constantly new content being added. I would love for it to come faster, but hey, I want Borderlands 3 as well, but I'm not going to complain to 2k every day that they need to do that. Just this week we got counters for free portals. Something that's been requested by us. They are listening to us. I'm sorry it's not happening at the speed you want, but it is happening.

Well said @Ironogre

• Since the early days of Dungeon Boss, Level Capped has been there fighting for first place in every event offered. We have made our mark and enjoyed the competition the community has provided.

With the start of 2018, Level Capped will be retiring our brand. We will continue to participate in the Winterfest activities but at the conclusion of Winterfest, Level Capped will be no more.

With no end game content, Dungeon Boss has been declining for quite some time. Having a fantastic Line Group community has held everyone together through all the good times and bad. Unfortunately, we have reached the point where too many of us are frustrated with the current state of the game and have no hope left for new content that will never come.

I wanted to say thank you to the community for always being active and engaged. Thank you to Level Capped for your dedication to excellence. Thank you to Aegis of Athena, The Underworld, Potato Army for having top notch guilds and always providing awesome competition. Thank you to the VAS family of guilds for being part of our Level Capped family. And last, thank you to my fellow Meta Focus Group members who have worked so hard trying to make the game better every day.

Thank you @JaxBoomstick for keeping the flame going following Zombi, Setlists and Seanlucky retirement.

LC will be missed, and i hope AOA continues its current level of play showing the DB community how the best guilds play the game.

• 29 more days !
  • nunyanunya Member
    Best of luck and hope you find your fun. :)

Do not go gentle into that good night
    Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    nunya
  • Ironogre wrote: »

World of Warcraft just celebrated it's 13th year...
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    Ironogre wrote: »

World of Warcraft just celebrated it's 13th year...

And new expansion coming!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    29 more days !

I will fly all my flags at half-mast until your countdown is done. What are you counting. I hope it is the next big DB update.
This discussion has been closed.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com