Level Capped Retires

Comments

• iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited December 2017
    bvs72 wrote: »
    29 more days !

I will fly all my flags at half-mast until your countdown is done. What are you counting. I hope it is the next big DB update.

Db will update their flight schedule to reflect a newly planned on January 1st, 2018. This is a new style of client update discussed in the latest summit revival.
    Though a few people may miss their flight and decide to hang around the terminal at different gates a little while longer. In any case, I appreciate your flags at half mast. It takes me really high in the sky with joy
  • Ironogre wrote: »
    ... However, can you just go peacefully? I didn't send a letter to Nintendo saying "hey, I need more content for Mario" I just moved on quietly without spreading toxicity.

Love us or hate us, LC is the undisputed highest performing and achieving guild in the game. I think the guild has earned a sign-off with the community.

Besides, I think you could follow a bit of your own advice. Couldn’t you just read and go peacefully? Couldn’t you have moved on quietly without spreading more of the very toxicity you accuse us of?
  • momdukz wrote: »
    Many “undisputed “ guilds have come and gone. This is not the first or the last. It is the cycle of the game. It is a game and most likely you can not add the experience to your CV (resume). Stop taking it personally.

Name one, person who takes personal offense to LC’s goodbye post while ironically telling me to not take things so personally.
  • Can someone tell me what undisputed means? I guess I have it wrong...
  • On second thought... don’t try to name one.

You know what’s beautiful about this thread? The goodbye; the farewell. The leaders who are retiring can walk away knowing they tried to do right by this community without ever having to think about you again. The other players can move on and find new homes, hopefully without enduring ongoing prejudicial ire from surely “very nice folks, once you get to know them” like yourself. There’s nothing more to defend. No more to justify.

So, I’m letting this lie, and I encourage other LC members to do so as well. If you want to continue the diatribe, I think that’s an important part of the legacy as well. If you’d rather put it behind you and move on like myself, I think that’s cool, too.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    dvd54407 wrote: »
    On second thought... don’t try to name one.

You know what’s beautiful about this thread? The goodbye; the farewell. The leaders who are retiring can walk away knowing they tried to do right by this community without ever having to think about you again. The other players can move on and find new homes, hopefully without enduring ongoing prejudicial ire from surely “very nice folks, once you get to know them” like yourself. There’s nothing more to defend. No more to justify.

So, I’m letting this lie, and I encourage other LC members to do so as well. If you want to continue the diatribe, I think that’s an important part of the legacy as well. If you’d rather put it behind you and move on like myself, I think that’s cool, too.

Did anyone else have to go to google to look up several words while reading this? Man, I feel dumb...
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited December 2017

Did anyone else have to go to google to look up several words while reading this? Man, I feel dumb...

My money’s on “ire” and “diatribe.” Fitting microcosm of the post itself. :wink:

• dvd54407 wrote: »

My money’s on “ire” and “diatribe.” Fitting microcosm of the post itself. :wink:

A month long farewell deserves somber words.

You nailed it. I also had to stop for a minute to remember that 'lie' can be a verb and not just a noun meaning an intentionally false statement.

I wonder if being part of LC required you to have a college-level vocabulary.
  • dvd54407 wrote: »

I think you're using 'diatribe' wrong.
    Also, 'toxicity'.

While i can understand being a bit sensitive about any criticism, no matter how slight, directed at LC, the criticism here to which you chose to respond could barely be described as such.

...But I don't want to turn this goodbye thread into another round of flags, attacks and counters. I was more just commenting on word usage.
  • Goodbye LC. It was great competing against you guys every GG. See you in the next game
  • @danac shouldn’t you be quoting yourself and making an unfunny joke for misspelling a word. Or maybe you’re from Boston?
  • Level Capped members. Have you ever calculated what it would cost DB if you all just retired today? I'd love to know
  • Kegman913 wrote: »
    Level Capped members. Have you ever calculated what it would cost DB if you all just retired today? I'd love to know

The real answer: "A relatively small (If even noticeable) blip on their financials.
  • They'll be back first week of January 2018.
  • Some might. But why throw money at a game that doesn't engage you? There's hundreds of games out there. You think I want to do this Julius quest again? I feel like a lot of top players will be leaving soon.
    Some might. But why throw money at a game that doesn't engage you? There's hundreds of games out there. You think I want to do this Julius quest again? I feel like a lot of top players will be leaving soon.

This seems to happen quite often.

Players are average, they become great, they eventualy quit.

The other funny thing is that, great players have quit before, yet we have always seen the same ammount of hardcore guilds 2, But a growing amount of top guilds from 4 to 8.

Somehow more great player are now playing this game than that ever has been.

Every experienced GM will know that Xmas and summer are guild killers. This applies to all games.

The majority of top players dont spend a dime. They have it all and are fed up of being able to max all out so fast without a Challenge.

I will miss the exciteing competition at the top! But i have No doubt that the end of LC simply means the begining of something new, something equally if not greater.

When you become truly woke and realize all you're paying for is for some pixels to change color and position on a screen, I doubt you'll spend money on micro-transactions ever again. That said, I realized that a long time ago, and became VIP 10, soooo...
    Some might. But why throw money at a game that doesn't engage you? There's hundreds of games out there. You think I want to do this Julius quest again? I feel like a lot of top players will be leaving soon.

I've been hearing about the demise of the game and top players leaving for like a year and a half now. It's like the haters predicting WoW's death for the last 12 years. People like to believe they're indispensable. Unless they're brain surgeons, muppet scientists, or Momdukz, they're not.
  • When you become truly woke and realize all you're paying for is for some pixels to change color and position on a screen, I doubt you'll spend money on micro-transactions ever again. That said, I realized that a long time ago, and became VIP 10, soooo...

Do you use that same philosophy for games/gaming in general? If so, you'd never pay for a game that actually costs money.
    Yes, by that same logic I suppose everything is pointless - yet if everything is pointless, the only point is what we make out of it. And it's all relative.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited December 2017
    I just got here. Looks like jack is making us all have an existential crisis again. Time to leave before my brain explodes.
    Post edited by farfella on
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    They'll be back first week of January 2018.

DB should raise the level cap January to 80 that way they'll have to play some more to retire the brand without false advertisement.

Just kidding
    shiggity80 wrote: »

DB should raise the level cap January to 80 that way they'll have to play some more to retire the brand without false advertisement.

Just kidding

Don't kid. This is a very serious issue.

Just kidding

Fine I'll just adult

Just kidding

Fine I'll just adult

Adulting 0/5 stars Do not recommend.
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • momdukz wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »

Just kidding

Fine I'll just adult

Adulting 0/5 stars Do not recommend.

+1. I adulted yesterday. It was awful.
This discussion has been closed.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com