Nightmare Before Winterfest Starts Tomorrow (12/12)!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Get ready for a frightfully good time, because the Nightmare Before Winterfest starts tomorrow. There's no event today so you have time to prepare your guilds, but we are running a special in the Heroic Portal: 10 Heroic Summons for 2,000 gems. :)

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• How many free heroic summons will a 10x cost?
  • Wow ember in vip portal?
    Let's hope we get a new aether exclusive hero then since ember aria have been made available outside the aether shop.

:)
  • Wow ember in vip portal?
    Let's hope we get a new aether exclusive hero then since ember aria have been made available outside the aether shop.

Just when I finally got enough aether to 6* aria.

...That took about 15 months.
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited December 2017
    danac wrote: »
    Wow ember in vip portal?

Just when I finally got enough aether to 6* aria.

...That took about 15 months.

Just in time for new years though!

Fun fact , although that has yet to be seen if it'll remain fact, tomorrow is 1 of 2 final events for the year of 2017!

A shocking finale
  • Sounds great! @Joel : game is super slow right now - maybe just me?
  • But you told me it would start right after the nature event :,(
    Level - 73
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited December 2017
    Yay, a day off :p
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Why would you 6* aria. It's not worth it until she gets a buff. They're buffing legendary heroes tho, but aria is rarely acknowledged in events so i'm gonna assume they'll keep her in a tiny little corner until 2018. Light heroes are the worst heroes in the game right now, but they were SUPPOSED to be the most unique class... People keep refusing to acknowledge black diamond, as on defense she will literally destroy shade assuming she crits. If pignius is on the team, a crit on shade with black diamond is a instant one shot. But for some reason we only care about the current meta heroes, Shade,Hopper,Koros,Zomm,and Turkey.
    Thats just my two cents.
  • How many free heroic summons will a 10x cost?

@joel if we use free heroic summons, we still have to spend 10 of those for a 10x summon?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    How many free heroic summons will a 10x cost?

@joel if we use free heroic summons, we still have to spend 10 of those for a 10x summon?

There is no discount if you're using free summons, sorry. It's still an All-Star portal though. :)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Why would you 6* aria. It's not worth it until she gets a buff. They're buffing legendary heroes tho, but aria is rarely acknowledged in events so i'm gonna assume they'll keep her in a tiny little corner until 2018. Light heroes are the worst heroes in the game right now, but they were SUPPOSED to be the most unique class... People keep refusing to acknowledge black diamond, as on defense she will literally destroy shade assuming she crits. If pignius is on the team, a crit on shade with black diamond is a instant one shot. But for some reason we only care about the current meta heroes, Shade,Hopper,Koros,Zomm,and Turkey.
    Thats just my two cents.

Maybe you 6*'d Aria cuz you've got nothing better to do with your Aether. She's not as terrible as people make her out to be. She's great in PvE, and useful in PvP if you have good runes on her and aren't facing any Perfect Swingers.

I find it funny people talk about Aria, saying she's easily countered by Dwarves/Hansuke/Takumi, like anyone actually uses Dwarves and Takumi anymore. Hansuke, maybe. But if you're bringing Aria against the Undead, you're already clearly confused.
  • Prepare our guilds for what? No more events please
    9gJSaHl.gif
    wzang wrote: »
    Prepare our guilds for what? No more events please

The same type of guild event that was in Haunted Halls, nothing super intense.
  • Sweet. Love that
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • So is this event identical to the Haunted Halls event or is it a little different?
    Level - 73
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • Joel wrote: »
    wzang wrote: »
    Prepare our guilds for what? No more events please

The same type of guild event that was in Haunted Halls, nothing super intense.

Hopefully some variation in rewards ?
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Why would you 6* aria. It's not worth it until she gets a buff. They're buffing legendary heroes tho, but aria is rarely acknowledged in events so i'm gonna assume they'll keep her in a tiny little corner until 2018. Light heroes are the worst heroes in the game right now, but they were SUPPOSED to be the most unique class... People keep refusing to acknowledge black diamond, as on defense she will literally destroy shade assuming she crits. If pignius is on the team, a crit on shade with black diamond is a instant one shot. But for some reason we only care about the current meta heroes, Shade,Hopper,Koros,Zomm,and Turkey.
    Thats just my two cents.

When they came out, Aria and Ember were more useful, being among the higher powered heroes. They've since been surpassed. I got Ember up to 6* first and used her a lot in PVP, and since there was nothing else for aether at the time, got Aria up to 5*.

That was probably 8 months ago or so. I haven't pulled the trigger for her 6*, but I made sure i had enough aether for it. Got Nim's skin plus daily raid tickets, now am saving the extra aether for any new hero, but just started that.

• must

star

up

zomm
  • Aria was actually good back then, but back then PVP wasnt the only content on DB. I use shade (now atleast) and there has never been a time haunted past didnt hit aria and one shot. I thought i was gonna be in some deep trouble, but it legit was just a single tap then dead. Hansuke wipes her face off the planet. Personally, I dont stack up my aether i'll usually spend it on raid tickets or tokens for other heroes. If only the Aether Portal existed.... For ember, she is still good but nobody wants to fa the hardest hero to asend in the game right now. Besides, peeps can purge, and if the user dies, they loose there debuffs. I really wanted to fa aria tbh, but when i realized how useless she is i stopped. The state of dungeon boss is that meta heroes are meta heroes for a reason, and you cant bring other heroes who arent as broken or else you'll be left disappointed.

Not even gonna mention the well overdue Boss Mode dungeons. COME JUST RELEASE THE CHAMPION AND BOSS VERSIONS OF THE CURRENT ONES IF YOU DONT WANNA MAKE A NEW ONE!! I need a challenge, besides the brain cancer giving pvp meta. "Keep an eye out for new boss mode dungeons" my a.... ash.
  • @Joel since we don’t get a free summon discount can we get the option to use either free summons or gem for summons when both are avalible down the road?
    @Joel since we don’t get a free summon discount can we get the option to use either free summons or gem for summons when both are avalible down the road?

I've passed the feedback along. :)
  • Likely it would be easier to simply reduce the number of free summons required for each 10x. 2700 gems -> 2000 gems would correspond to reducing from 9 free to 6.66 free, so maybe 7 free per 10x would be appropriate.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Likely it would be easier to simply reduce the number of free summons required for each 10x. 2700 gems -> 2000 gems would correspond to reducing from 9 free to 6.66 free, so maybe 7 free per 10x would be appropriate.

Or just have 3 buttons: 1 summon (300 gems), 10x summon (2,700 gems or 2,000 gems for this event), and 10x summon (free pulls).
  • Can’t wait for event. Wonder what heroes in the heroic portal????
    Come and join me, Ignus the Sad. Bow to me and become bad.
  • @joel wrote I’ve passed the feedback all along :smile:
  • I don’t see the point of saying that
  • dsym57 wrote: »
    I don’t see the point of saying that

To make us feel good
    dsym57 wrote: »
    I don’t see the point of saying that

Because we can't make a change of that scale in a day, but it's something we can consider for the future.
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Personally, I dont stack up my aether i'll usually spend it on raid tickets or tokens for other heroes. .

Only heroes not 6* for me currently are Kreel, Aria, Marrow, and Solaris.

And Kreel is 250/250, I just never hit the button. To 4* him.