Nightmare Before Winterfest!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
ft8kz4etzlg8.png

There's a chill in the air, and it's not just the cold weather! The undead are shambling about and muttering something about... winter being on the way? Strange...

Anyways, the spookyness of Haunted Halls is back for an encore performance, with a few changes: All of the daily completion quests now pay out Kobal tokens, and we've swapped out the skin quest chain to one for Kobal's Dark Mage skin!

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• WasiWasi Member
    edited December 2017
    Yawn... another non existent event for end gamers. Would have been nice to at least have one of the skins (ponti, shade, zomm) obtainable by candy corn.

Another 7 days off, am enjoying the break :)

(Edit: sorry Joel, don’t mean to sh*t on your parade, just disappointed)
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Wow what’s up with the rewards? Tokens and mats? Everything else we have to cough up money for? Recycled vampiric rune? I had high expectations. I’m def let down.
  • Hope you add more stuff
  • Darn yorick ? I thought he'd have been back with the combat revamp in honor shop...seeing as that's where he was last time. Was hoping for zomm on leaderboard ... the encore so far seems underwhelming ..

@Joel countless times it's been said offer something for end gamers, even in the summit recently. You guys really couldn't throw in superior / greater runes in the shop for high amounts of candy corn ?
  • Please put a stamina pack in the shop to purchase
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    They're probably putting all the good stuff into Winterfest, this is more for people who missed out on the Halloween stuff. And lower levels, probably.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • I’m sorry about the lack of prizes comment. Now I remember they do add more stuff to the shop everyday of event. But please please please add a stamina pack for me to buy lol
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited December 2017
    They're probably putting all the good stuff into Winterfest, this is more for people who missed out on the Halloween stuff. And lower levels, probably.
    Best not to overhype winterfest. Last year had 3 days of content spread out over 12 days. Only one gold key for wreaths, the rest for $. Likely 2 or 3 last year’s skins for wreaths. Fingers crossed for a new hero.

The concept is a winner, but I have my doubts on execution.
  • WasiWasi Member
    edited December 2017
    From memory Grog cost approx. $134,000 to 6* unlock with various keys as a premium hero, then about a month later was available in the various shops..?

Shame we can't see this philosophy in place for some of these legacy $$$$ skins.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • AsaraeAsarae Member
    edited December 2017
    Copied the sentence below from the original Halloween event.

If you move to a different guild, any Candy Corn you earn with them will be added to that Guild's leaderboard, so you're free to move around as you please and contribute to multiple Guilds if you're feeling generous.

Would it be safe to assume that this is true for the current event as well? Also, does one receive final rewards from the guild one starts the event in or the guild one finishes the event in? Thanks!
  • @Joel for those of us that already have the Yorick skin, will an alternate reward be available in its place (i.e., 3 summons, which seems to be the going rate for skin quest lines)?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Asarae wrote: »
    Copied the sentence below from the original Halloween event.

If you move to a different guild, any Candy Corn you earn with them will be added to that Guild's leaderboard, so you're free to move around as you please and contribute to multiple Guilds if you're feeling generous.

Would it be safe to assume that this is true for the current event as well? Also, does one receive final rewards from the guild one starts the event in or the guild one finishes the event in? Thanks!

Yes.
    dvd54407 wrote: »
    @Joel for those of us that already have the Yorick skin, will an alternate reward be available in its place (i.e., 3 summons, which seems to be the going rate for skin quest lines)?

Not for this one, sorry.
  • Yeah I have to say I'm disappointed, the only skins most dedicated players may need are only available for cash. A single corrupted heart if your guild gets 2.5 mil candy corn, a decent rune, some tokens we don't need, a Yorick know skin most don't need, and a skin quest for a skin most of us don't need.

I fully expect Winterfest to be a copy of last year probably with a new hero. More pay skins, more pay for keys for the advent calendar, etc.

There is a feeling I've felt in many other games I've played along the way when the game is starting to die. Less communication, less bug fixing, less original material, recycling old stuff, lots of paywalls. And then you start to see mass exodus... hmm Level Capped retiring... This game really feels like it's dying.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • tcaltabtcaltab Member
    edited December 2017
    problem solved
    Post edited by tcaltab on
  • It’s a skin for Kobal
  • Is there a santa suit skin for any current hero?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    lythstihl wrote: »
    Yeah I have to say I'm disappointed, the only skins most dedicated players may need are only available for cash. A single corrupted heart if your guild gets 2.5 mil candy corn, a decent rune, some tokens we don't need, a Yorick know skin most don't need, and a skin quest for a skin most of us don't need.

I fully expect Winterfest to be a copy of last year probably with a new hero. More pay skins, more pay for keys for the advent calendar, etc.

There is a feeling I've felt in many other games I've played along the way when the game is starting to die. Less communication, less bug fixing, less original material, recycling old stuff, lots of paywalls. And then you start to see mass exodus... hmm Level Capped retiring... This game really feels like it's dying.

Well, I wouldn't say that's a fair reaction. This event may be a recycled event, but it's recycled on purpose. They've had it every year before Christmas, and it's usually pretty welcome. Beats the 'Squinch Dragon-kin' or 'Bramble skin' events.

As for Yorick's skin, while skins don't have much practical use outside events, people have been begging for Yorick's skin forever! I'm sure Yorick's skin being a relatively easily obtainable reward this event will make a lot of people happy.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.

• @sirolk99 Santa Rogar

77cqxddxgc0o.jpeg
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • Thanks @ZWendy I knew I saw one in PvP just couldn't remember who it was. :)
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    Yeah I have to say I'm disappointed, the only skins most dedicated players may need are only available for cash. A single corrupted heart if your guild gets 2.5 mil candy corn, a decent rune, some tokens we don't need, a Yorick know skin most don't need, and a skin quest for a skin most of us don't need.

I seriously doubt Level Capped is retiring. They start a thread like that every few months hoping I will post something in it to get me banned. Maybe they will change their name but after Winterfest. I still expect to see them flagging posts and winning guild games.
  • @Joel When does the event end?

1. Tuesday 3pm cst
    2. Tuesday 11pm cst
    3. Monday 9pm cst
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    lythstihl wrote: »

I seriously doubt Level Capped is retiring. They start a thread like that every few months hoping I will post something in it to get me banned. Maybe they will change their name but after Winterfest. I still expect to see them flagging posts and winning guild games.

Level capped is probably confusing April 1st for January 1st
  • Thanks @Joel for letting us obtain the Kobal skin for this quest line.. now I can channel my inner Veigar (LoL) / Vivi (FFIX) when destroying light mobs on Babel Mountain.

Rocksor wrote: »
    @Joel When does the event end?

Tuesday at 3pm CST. We will then have a one day buffer event, and Winterfest will begin on Wednesday.
  • @joel same winterfest as last year? If so i need to mentally prepare myself
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
    Drocas wrote: »
    @joel same winterfest as last year? If so i need to mentally prepare myself

We will have the advent calendar door system like last year, and there will be wreaths (tickets) like last year, but all of the doors and quests have been changed. There will also be a minor guild event along the lines of Haunted Halls/Nightmare Before Winterfest, but nothing super intense. We understand that this is a time for people to be with their loved ones, and while there will be new quests every day, we didn't want this event to feel like a big commitment. :)

Expect snow and merriment!
  • @Joel , new hero for winterfest ?
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited December 2017
    Will you guys have new skins available again for 2,500 wreaths (or was it 4,000) or $3.99 like you did Christmas 2015? If so that'd be awesome (and you guys probably would see a lot of money coming in).
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Will you guys have new skins available again for 2,500 wreaths (or was it 4,000) or $3.99 like you did Christmas 2015? If so that'd be awesome (and you guys probably would see a lot of money coming in).

Exact prices haven't been set yet, but there will be plenty of skins, both new and old. Also, one of the new skins is easily among my all-time favorites.