Nightmare Before Winterfest!

13»

Comments

• Victoria wrote: »
    bvs72 wrote: »

@Victoria, how many wreaths do I need?

@bvs72 I hear 42 is the answer to everything. Maybe try that? :P

When I get 42 wreaths, we can go hitchhiking through the galaxy.
  • Joel wrote: »
    dvd54407 wrote: »
    @Joel for those of us that already have the Yorick skin, will an alternate reward be available in its place (i.e., 3 summons, which seems to be the going rate for skin quest lines)?

Not for this one, sorry.

@Joel I really hope you fix this before launching any new events like this. Either offer a brand new skin, or offer proper comp to those that already have the skin. It’s a bit of an “FU” to the players who go out of their way to collect these things at a higher expense/investment only for you to give it away later and say “if you already have it, you don’t deserve anything else”.

The basic architecture is already there for the skin questlines, like the Kobal one currently running. I understand it’s not as easy as copy-paste from the code block, but it’s not reinventing the wheel either.
  • dvd54407 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    @Joel for those of us that already have the Yorick skin, will an alternate reward be available in its place (i.e., 3 summons, which seems to be the going rate for skin quest lines)?

Not for this one, sorry.

@Joel I really hope you fix this before launching any new events like this. Either offer a brand new skin, or offer proper comp to those that already have the skin. It’s a bit of an “FU” to the players who go out of their way to collect these things at a higher expense/investment only for you to give it away later and say “if you already have it, you don’t deserve anything else”.

The basic architecture is already there for the skin questlines, like the Kobal one currently running. I understand it’s not as easy as copy-paste from the code block, but it’s not reinventing the wheel either.

This skin has been out for a good while now. I don't think it's as extreme of an "FU" as you say it is. If you spent 50K honor scrolls way back when it came out, then you got to enjoy it for that time.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love some kind of alternative reward, and it kinda sucks we don't get one, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be imo.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

Not for this one, sorry.

This skin has been out for a good while now. I don't think it's as extreme of an "FU" as you say it is. If you spent 50K honor scrolls way back when it came out, then you got to enjoy it for that time.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love some kind of alternative reward, and it kinda sucks we don't get one, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be imo.

The skin was extremely rare. Only the top end players had a chance to get it. And not even all of them did.
    It's been long overdue for rerelease. And complaining that you already have it so you're not getting anything of value in its place is a bit silly, you're getting a corrupted heart and a top end run in addition.

• While @dvd54407 ‘s reaction is extreme, his point holds: any time a skin is offered as a reward, 3 heroic summons should be awarded if player already has skin. Makes sense to me.
  • Don't forget the runed Evo. Top players really need those too.
    Gmun
  • While @dvd54407 ‘s reaction is extreme, his point holds: any time a skin is offered as a reward, 3 heroic summons should be awarded if player already has skin. Makes sense to me.

Can't disagree, but it might be more difficult to do that in those guild rewards than in the skin quests.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Remember when it used to be 5 Heroics per skin? I mean, 3 is still fair, just recounting the olden times...
  • gmun wrote: »
    Don't forget the runed Evo. Top players really need those too.

That's why I'm going hardcore this event.....need that runed evo!
  • @danac @shiggity80 my complaint isn’t that the skin is available. I agree - it’s been long overdue. While I wish the effort to acquire it was more in-line with the initial release (that way its more a badge of honor), that’s a totally different discussion and not what I was getting at.

My complaint is that, for the second event of its kind in a row, they’ve taken a relatively difficult or costly skin and made it available as a quest reward while completely disregarding players who already went out of their way to collect it. It’s laziness. I’m happy for those who finally get to earn it... but I’m a little pissed for those who spent the 50k Honor on it only to be told “tough cookies” when we can’t benefit from it later.
  • dvd54407 wrote: »

My complaint is that, for the second event of its kind in a row, they’ve taken a relatively difficult or costly skin and made it available as a quest reward while completely disregarding players who already went out of their way to collect it. It’s laziness. I’m happy for those who finally get to earn it... but I’m a little pissed for those who spent the 50k Honor on it only to be told “tough cookies” when we can’t benefit from it later.

I guess I disagree with 'went out of their way'.
    While I can accept same people did grind out that skin- I tried but spent the honor on superior shards because back then it seemed like a good idea-
    I suspect 90% or more of the folks who got that skin were people who'd had gobs of honor saved up and could buy the skin the day it came out.
    At the time, most of the top tier players were hoarding honor.

iirc, I wasn't top tier and I had about 20k saved up.

• danac wrote: »

I guess I disagree with 'went out of their way'.
    While I can accept same people did grind out that skin- I tried but spent the honor on superior shards because back then it seemed like a good idea-
    I suspect 90% or more of the folks who got that skin were people who'd had gobs of honor saved up and could buy the skin the day it came out.
    At the time, most of the top tier players were hoarding honor.

iirc, I wasn't top tier and I had about 20k saved up.

Could be wrong, but I think his point was more that, the people who already have the skin are almost exclusively end game, top players. Which players most need new rewards and content to say interested? End game, top players. So having a very exciting, rare event reward that doesn’t apply to the very subset of players most in need of such a reward is sorta backward.
  • edited December 2017
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Will you guys have new skins available again for 2,500 wreaths (or was it 4,000) or $3.99 like you did Christmas 2015? If so that'd be awesome (and you guys probably would see a lot of money coming in).

Exact prices haven't been set yet, but there will be plenty of skins, both new and old. Also, one of the new skins is easily among my all-time favorites.

@Joel Please be a Krampus skin for IGOROK. That would be awesome.
    Will you guys have new skins available again for 2,500 wreaths (or was it 4,000) or $3.99 like you did Christmas 2015? If so that'd be awesome (and you guys probably would see a lot of money coming in).

Exact prices haven't been set yet, but there will be plenty of skins, both new and old. Also, one of the new skins is easily among my all-time favorites.

@Joel Please be a Krampus skin for IGOROK. That would be awesome.

The trick is to set your expectations bar so low , that you'll almost never be dissapointed.
  • I don't mind that other players are being given this exclusive skin for free. That it the inevitability of all MMO's (if this game even qualifies for the first M). The game pioneers always work the hardest for the same rewards. Then the difficulty is turned way down to allow newer players to catch up.

My gripe is exactly what @Skip_Holmes is saying. If you are going to release old content and make it significantly easier to acquire, you should also raise the ceiling so that end gamers have something to do.
  • I just think that compensating those who already have the skin is the right thing to do. Basically, if my guild earns that skin as a reward and I already have the skin in question, I should receive 3 heroic summons or something as compensation.

FWIW, I don't already have the skin. Regretfully spent my 100K honor on Superior shards that I doubt I ever even used (I've still only crafted 18 superiors to date).
  • Tomorrow fam
  • I want more Aether for the duplicate skin. Bill says it is good stuff.
    Will we be limited to how much we can buy in the event shop or limited on how many wreaths we can obtain? (outside of spending $ for wreaths)

There is no limit to the number of wreaths that can be obtained. Most things in the shop will have a purchase limit, but there will be at least one unlimited purchase so you'll always have something to buy with wreaths. However, buying out everything that has a limit on it would take a truly absurd amount of wreaths.

Any chance you can increase the limit on everything in the shop? A truly absurb amount of wreaths are needing to be spent.
    Will we be limited to how much we can buy in the event shop or limited on how many wreaths we can obtain? (outside of spending $ for wreaths)

There is no limit to the number of wreaths that can be obtained. Most things in the shop will have a purchase limit, but there will be at least one unlimited purchase so you'll always have something to buy with wreaths. However, buying out everything that has a limit on it would take a truly absurd amount of wreaths.

Any chance you can increase the limit on everything in the shop? A truly absurb amount of wreaths are needing to be spent.

Nah. I think finishing with huge amounts of wreaths you can't spend anything on is a fitting sendoff.
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited December 2017
    danac wrote: »

Nah. I think finishing with huge amounts of wreaths you can't spend anything on is a fitting sendoff.

Why request limits to be raised, times almost up for the gang.
13»