Hero Spotlight: Goretusk

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited December 2017 in Hero Spotlights
sg0rjo2n4iyj.png

Background:
The thunderous crash of hooves on ice roared above the din of battle. Seekers had been battling for the North Pole every Winterfest, and enough was enough. Part mammoth, part man, the unknown beast roared onto the frontlines of battle with a mighty howl. An army of seekers, defending the north pole from invaders quickly rallied around the beast. The large figure shielded them without complaint, taking hits for them without regard for himself. Each hit he took drove him onward. Soon he started to outpace his newfound compatriots, and began overrunning the enemy. Goretusk, as they began to call him, rampaged through the enemy. Soon his attacks became wild, and Goretusk fought with abandon. Invaders fled the North Pole in droves, with Goretusk at their heels. He stopped near the edge of battle, and turned to look at his “allies.” They looked at each other. Then at Goretusk. Dropped their weapons and they too left. The North Pole belongs to the beast this Winterfest.

Most Hated Hero:
Hansuke Undying – A strong and unnatural warrior, Hansuke has kept Goretusk and his army at bay for a lifetime and a half.

Element: WATER: +30% bonus against FIRE enemies, -25% vs NATURE enemies

Tags: Fast Beast Tank

Traits:
  • ARMORED – Takes less damage from Physical Attacks.
  • FAST – Attacks first.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • SWEEPING CHARGE – Melee Physical Attack on all enemies that has a chance to Freeze the initial target for a turn. Gains Momentum. (NOTE: Momentum is an passive ability that Goretusk gains at his final ascension. Sweeping Charge does not cause Momentum to be gained until that passive is unlocked.)

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Nature Evo Larva: 17
  • Water Evo Monarch: 40
  • Light Evo: 19
  • Coldfire Evo: 4

NEW Trait!
  • INSULATED WOOLIES – Cannot be Frozen, Chilled, or Frostbitten.
  • CRIPPLING COLD – Chance to Slow Melee attackers. When on a team with Solaris, chance to Frostbite Melee attackers.

NEW Ability!
AVALANCHE – Ranged Water attack on target enemy with chance to apply Frostbite for 3 turns and deals splash damage to all other enemies. Consumes 50% of current Momentum, increases splash damage based on the Momentum consumed. (NOTE: Momentum is an passive ability that Goretusk gains at his final ascension. Avalanche does a base amount of splash damage, even without Momentum.)

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Water Evo: 45
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 30
  • Brawny Evo: 8
  • Bushido Evo: 2

NEW Traits!
  • MOMENTUM - Attack and Damage increase when hit by an attacker, stacking up to 10 times. At 9 stacks, his attacks can no longer be targeted. Resets on each room.
  • PACK TACTICS – Boosted Damage vs. Ogres and chance to retaliate any attack against another Beast.
  • MAMMOTH GUARD – Starts the battle with extra DEF, Taunts, and reduces damage dealt to all allies. Effects are reduced as Momentum increases. Taunt is removed at 3 Momentum.

NEW Ability!
  • TUSK CHARGE – Melee Physical attack that provokes target for 3 turns. Reduces Momentum by 2.

P.S.

Plushie Pal Goretusk might be the best alternate skin ever. Try using him in a dungeon with the sound on. ;)
jrql66ldtpci.png
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• heelerheeler Member
    edited December 2017
    Looks cool! How many tokens to unlock him, and will he show up in the list of heroes (usually still-locked heroes are there at the bottom)?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Goretusk only requires 10 tokens to be unlocked. He does not currently appear in you collection while locked.
  • Neat, our first fast tank! I like how these recent heroes can be unlocked easily. I’d rather have a new one star hero now than a three star hero later.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Mammoth centaurs? SIGN ME UP!
    too bad i still haven't found out how to open my DB account on my computer. but that's a detail!
  • A teddy bear centaur with a candy cane striped battle axe?! I agree this costume is AWESOME!
    A teddy bear centaur with a candy cane striped battle axe?! I agree this costume is AWESOME!

Bring Plushy Pal Goretusk into battle with the sound turned on, it gets even better.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Joel wrote: »
    A teddy bear centaur with a candy cane striped battle axe?! I agree this costume is AWESOME!

Bring Plushy Pal Goretusk into battle with the sound turned on, it gets even better.

HE SQUEAKS!!!
    By the way, what does 'His attacks can no longer be targeted' mean? I can tap on enemies and he attacks just fine, is it like he turns into Phemus and attacks random enemies?
    By the way, what does 'His attacks can no longer be targeted' mean? I can tap on enemies and he attacks just fine, is it like he turns into Phemus and attacks random enemies?

Yes, it means that his attack targets will be random.
  • Just how much does mammoth guard increase defence and decrease damage to allies?
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
    mrdahl wrote: »
    Just how much does mammoth guard increase defence and decrease damage to allies?

If you click and hold on his Defense stat, it will say it increases it by about 100% (at level 70, 1*). Mine says 104%, but Skill probably increased it a bit, so my best bet is it's 100%. Don't know about the damage reduction for allies, though.
  • Like the guy, however I really dislike how Bushido evos are in such high demand. They are INCREDIBLY rare and they are required for very many heroes...
    I have been trying to collect two to ascend Hansuke for months, but to no avail...
    Level 64
    Stormer of Towers
    Certified Trihard
  • How much tokens do I need
  • The sweeping charge does full damage to all targets? It seems to me it does much less damage to non selected targets.
  • frezzeman wrote: »
    How much tokens do I need

ten.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • I've been really liking him so far, at a mere 2 stars he's already got the highest defense stat in my roster. A free taunt and DR boost is always welcome on my Zomm attack team. Crippling cold makes him rather good against beast teams as pack tactics will have pesky Grog-Gnog and friends hit him and get slowed. Plus being fast sorta gives him a torchyesque role of shutdown hero, with an aoe attack. sooo, yeah, a definite new member on my pvp team.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • I like him too he is good with beast team ohh my god super attack and defense
    Just remember the Defense buff is only for the first couple turns! He basically has a Guardian Rune built into him. Tap and hold his Defense to see what it actually is.

Also the fact he gives his entire team 75% DR while Taunting is just insane... it’s about the only reason he isn’t the next Kreel. He’s actually really nicely balanced and I like him a lot!
  • Does the allied DR given through mammoth guard only apply when the taunt is active? It is unclear in the descriptions. This might explain the a lot of the times we're seeing where allies aren't getting the expected DR boost.
    Gmun
  • As momentum increases, team def decreases and Gore’s attack & damage increases. And vice versa.

Correct me if i’m wrong.

Taunt auto ons when momentum goes below 3
  • Now I can defeat fire dungeons easier
  • Just remember the Defense buff is only for the first couple turns! He basically has a Guardian Rune built into him. Tap and hold his Defense to see what it actually is.

Also the fact he gives his entire team 75% DR while Taunting is just insane... it’s about the only reason he isn’t the next Kreel. He’s actually really nicely balanced and I like him a lot!
    How did you check that his DR for allies was 75%?
  • gmungmun Member
    edited December 2017
    Watch a replay on 1x speed you can see how much dr your heroes are getting. 75 at 0 and dwindles down to 30 at 7 momentum I believe.

We have notices glitches with many non beast heroes not getting the dr bonus either applied or consistently applied.
    Gmun
  • Like the guy, however I really dislike how Bushido evos are in such high demand. They are INCREDIBLY rare and they are required for very many heroes...
    I have been trying to collect two to ascend Hansuke for months, but to no avail...

Because of this event I have more Bushidos than any other celestial. Not INCREDIBLY rare anymore.
  • that mammoth guard

O FREAKING GOD

its really good
    and really difficult to fight against
  • GT is a complete waste of time. You can't stack enough defence or attack to make him good at either. 8 straight losses to shade and zom teams using gt, koros, grog and Nub team. Shade undead team is just too strong.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes. You lost. That’s obviously because the hero is worthless, not because you brought the wrong team or equipped the wrong runes. Because bringing the new hero along should immediately guarantee a win. No need to try better runes or star him up a bit. ;)
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited January 1
    GT is a complete waste of time. You can't stack enough defence or attack to make him good at either. 8 straight losses to shade and zom teams using gt, koros, grog and Nub team. Shade undead team is just too strong.

Can’t make him good at defense? He can take 2 Bulwarks, a Survivor, a Guardian, and a tactics rune. Full defense Gore is going to be a real balance issue. He is arguably better defense for casters than Astrid, but protects everyone else too. Even at a bunch of momentum teammates still get 30% DR. As long as Gore lives killing virtually anything but him won’t be worth the effort. With full def buffs and 6* it might take you 2 or more rounds just to kill him.

The combat update will reduce the benefits of DR stacking, but it’s still going to be work to beat Gore beasts or Gore Shade/Dark team ups.
  • Lafoote wrote: »
    GT is a complete waste of time. You can't stack enough defence or attack to make him good at either. 8 straight losses to shade and zom teams using gt, koros, grog and Nub team. Shade undead team is just too strong.

Can’t make him good at defense? He can take 2 Bulwarks, a Survivor, a Guardian, and a tactics rune. Full defense Gore is going to be a real balance issue. He is arguably better defense for casters than Astrid, but protects everyone else too. Even at a bunch of momentum teammates still get 30% DR. As long as Gore lives killing virtually anything but him won’t be worth the effort. With full def buffs and 6* it might take you 2 or more rounds just to kill him.

The combat update will reduce the benefits of DR stacking, but it’s still going to be work to beat Gore beasts or Gore Shade/Dark team ups.

fighting him in the tower along with a full east team with solaris is one of the most painful experiences i have had in a while, not being able to kill grog or solaris before grog uses his stupid frost breath
  • Lafoote wrote: »

That's funny. A full defensive rune gt with koros grog and Nub can't even make a dent in a shade hopper zom team. Take your advice and shove it.