Hero Spotlight: Goretusk

2»

Comments

• GT is amazing (maybe too amazing). He has caused a huge shift in the meta. I don't know what level you are or what heroes you have available, but try bringing Igorok or someone else who can freeze, alongside your GT and Koros. Place Igo after Koros, so he can freeze everyone after Koros strips their buffs. Focus down Zomm first, while he's frozen.

Of course, it becomes a different ballgame if the other side also has GT.
  • 0ivucvzg2v9y.jpeg

Clearly you’re right. No possible way to stack enough Defense on him to be useful.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited January 3
    Lafoote wrote: »
    GT is a complete waste of time. You can't stack enough defence or attack to make him good at either. 8 straight losses to shade and zom teams using gt, koros, grog and Nub team. Shade undead team is just too strong.

Can’t make him good at defense? He can take 2 Bulwarks, a Survivor, a Guardian, and a tactics rune. Full defense Gore is going to be a real balance issue. He is arguably better defense for casters than Astrid, but protects everyone else too. Even at a bunch of momentum teammates still get 30% DR. As long as Gore lives killing virtually anything but him won’t be worth the effort. With full def buffs and 6* it might take you 2 or more rounds just to kill him.

The combat update will reduce the benefits of DR stacking, but it’s still going to be work to beat Gore beasts or Gore Shade/Dark team ups.

That's funny. A full defensive rune gt with koros grog and Nub can't even make a dent in a shade hopper zom team. Take your advice and shove it.

Not sure what level you are, or what runes you use, but I am winning probably 90% of my games using GT in the mix. I have been using Ember, Shade, GT, and Daeris (and some other variations as I mess around), and it's been pretty successful.

I'm thinking you're just using bad runes and bad team set up. I mean, why Nub? (unless you don't have all heroes yet).

And why so hostile to folks trying to give you advice? You here just to whine and moan?
  • darrendarren Member
    Should be stack GT with Bulwark or DR runes ?
  • Goretusk is a fast Ferno on steroids that can freeze. What’s not to love.
  • TopKnight wrote: »
    Goretusk is a fast Ferno on steroids that can freeze. What’s not to love.

Better than Ferno in that he doesn't cripple your own team like Ferno does.
  • darren wrote: »

I think either build could work, I personally went DR because his defense is already great enough, but considering you can potentially go 17k+ defense, that could easily work too.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Keep in mind the huge Defense stat on him is only because he has a Defense buff on. You can get numbers over 10k with other heroes by putting a Guardian Rune on them. After GT loses his Taunt, his Defense will be whatever number it was before the Defense boost. So, I guess what I'm saying is, the ridiculously high Defense is sort of just an illusion. Keep that in mind.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited January 5
  • li30li30 Member
    Keep in mind the huge Defense stat on him is only because he has a Defense buff on. You can get numbers over 10k with other heroes by putting a Guardian Rune on them. After GT loses his Taunt, his Defense will be whatever number it was before the Defense boost. So, I guess what I'm saying is, the ridiculously high Defense is sort of just an illusion. Keep that in mind.

Agree, a 5:0 all SL shade still dealt tons of dmg to him and high RNG feared him from skill 1
  • li30 wrote: »

Agree, a 5:0 all SL shade still dealt tons of dmg to him and high RNG feared him from skill 1

Agree as well.

GT is a tank, so he gets 1.75x dmg dealt against him from casters. Shade, who will usually have a very high attack stat value, will still do a high amount of damage, especially with an ember buff.
  • darren wrote: »

I think either build could work, I personally went DR because his defense is already great enough, but considering you can potentially go 17k+ defense, that could easily work too.

With the upcoming change to DR, would you still want to stack it? Seems to me like high Defense and 1 Superior Aegis to cut whatever gets through would be a strong option. Is that bad theorycrafting?

• It kinda turns the whole Damage equation on its head.

Life Runes, which no one has to date really crafted or wanted, are suddenly going to be the most effective means of damage mitigation, and that all those finely tuned 10% DR Planning and Tactics runes are going on Selwyn, Balog, Jabber, and Takumi.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    It kinda turns the whole Damage equation on its head.

Life Runes, which no one has to date really crafted or wanted, are suddenly going to be the most effective means of damage mitigation, and that all those finely tuned 10% DR Planning and Tactics runes are going on Selwyn, Balog, Jabber, and Takumi.

I understand how the new formula works, but not how health is the main benefactor. Any chance you can make a thread in general, rather than discussing here?
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    It kinda turns the whole Damage equation on its head.

I'd imagine 1 or 2 DR stat bonuses will still be somewhat effective. Also, isn't Defense more valuable than Health? And since Atk is getting nerfed, wouldn't Defense be getting stronger by comparison?
  • Also, isn't Defense more valuable than Health?

It used to be. People don't need encouragement to craft Bulwark runes, though. ;)
  • Woah... Combat Revamp shut him down real quick lmao
    Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Woah... Combat Revamp shut him down real quick lmao

Probably their intention, lol. 'To make your Christmas extra special, we're releasing a new DR-heavy Christmas hero who's only gonna be strong during this Christmas event, then get indirectly nerfed. Enjoy 'em while ya can!'
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »

Probably their intention, lol. 'To make your Christmas extra special, we're releasing a new DR-heavy Christmas hero who's only gonna be strong during this Christmas event, then get indirectly nerfed. Enjoy 'em while ya can!'

What?

You guys realize Combat Revamp made GT quite a bit stronger right? Try a full defense build... it goes over 23k.

• GT should have been a honey badger instead of a centaur thingie. Honey Badger don't care.
  • heelerheeler Member
    edited January 11
    Deathrift_ wrote: »

No kidding. Dang. GT, we hardly knew ye. My favorite meta ... for six whole days.
  • Really? GT is one of the most usable and functional heroes of the bunch.
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Really? GT is one of the most usable and functional heroes of the bunch.

Since Kreel, people have just been looking at every new hero with brown-tinted lenses. Don't ask how the lenses are made.
  • Lafoote wrote: »
    0ivucvzg2v9y.jpeg

Clearly you’re right. No possible way to stack enough Defense on him to be useful.

That is insane.
    Current Wishlist: Solaris.

Free agent.

Buff Takumi, Balog and Alexandros.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Does anyone know if it's a static value for the team dmg reduc or increases depending on GT's defense? He's going to die anyway so if I don't need def on him I might as well put all atk on him.
  • JackJack Member
    I really like this character. He’s been around for a while now. I wasn’t able to get the skin for him, but I’m sure that another opportunity will arise for me and other players to acquire it. The problem about this character is that when you battle against him in pvp, especially if he has Solaris on his team, he is just too good and most other teams just don’t stand a chance against his ability to lower his opponent’s attack.
    Jack wrote: »

the hero in your avatar is the solution to GT :P
    Lafoote wrote: »
    0ivucvzg2v9y.jpeg

That is insane.

It's all because they have a Guardian Rune on him, I bet. It gives them a Defense buff at the start of every game. Although I don't think it should, the hero card shows their Defense stat as if the Defense buff were on them. The buff boosts their Defense by about ~70%, I believe. Maybe more with Skill. So on top of the 63% bonus from stars, there's a 70% bonus present there, too. It's still impressive, just not as impressive as it looks.
  • And with the new 6/2 patch he became Fernos ****

Make Undead Great Again
    Dark/undead team > GT and torchy xD
2»