Patch Notes: December 19th, 2017

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Today's changes:
  • Error codes were being reported related to Shade's Spirit Linked, Astrid's Boomerang Shield.
  • Grog Gnog's Epic will be visible starting today, but will not be available until tomorrow when Winterfest starts.
  • "First time" gem offers will no longer be quadrupled during gem sales, but will remain doubled.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Bless you @Joel
  • How do you know he sneezed?
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • When will we get the rewards from the nightmare before winterfest event
  • farfella wrote: »
    How do you know he sneezed?

Things got fixed
  • Usually pretty soon after. @hudson1520
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    farfella wrote: »
    How do you know he sneezed?

That's my secret. I'm always sneezing. *ACHOO* (But seriously, my allergies are awful. Winter is actually my favorite time of year because most of the things that make me sneeze are DEAD!)
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    When will we get the rewards from the nightmare before winterfest event

Within 30 minutes, most likely within 15. There's always a short delay between the end of a guild event and the payout, but it shouldn't take long. :)
  • Oops B)
  • Iv e got to say , this is the most cynical, cruel joke, heroic portal I've ever seen in my 2+ years of playing.

And I like it.
  • is selwyn getting a buff? any hints joel?
  • Joel wrote: »

Winter is actually my favorite time of year because most of the things that make me sneeze are DEAD!)

Zombies make you sneeze?
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    edited December 2017
    Uhh...soo... I was able to unlock grogs epic?
    went to check it out and saw that I somehow already had his epic part collected, I can't even remember the last time I went to the water Dungeon!
  • lol right after grog was released you could find his part for a little while but not many knew

Been holding on to that for close to a year
    There was an issue a while back where the first part of Grog-Gnog's epic was obtainable before it should have been, so a few of you get a small head start on things. Lucky you. :tongue:
    There was an issue a while back where the first part of Grog-Gnog's epic was obtainable before it should have been, so a few of you get a small head start on things. Lucky you. :tongue:

Pun intended?
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Pun intended?

Yes, I totalllllly made that pun intentionally. :sweat_smile:
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Pun intended?

Yes, I totalllllly made that pun intentionally. :sweat_smile:

Can we experct some slight hero rebalancing witj tomorrow's event ? Selwyn??
    Can we experct some slight hero rebalancing witj tomorrow's event ? Selwyn??

There will not be any hero rebalancing as part of Winterfest.
  • @Joel - For the Nightmare Before Winterfest - if we already had Yorick's skin, should we have received 3-5 Heroic summons?

• kalamadea wrote: »
    @Joel - For the Nightmare Before Winterfest - if we already had Yorick's skin, should we have received 3-5 Heroic summons?

No, Joel mentioned that there were no alternative rewards if you already had the Yorick skin.
    @Joel - For the Nightmare Before Winterfest - if we already had Yorick's skin, should we have received 3-5 Heroic summons?

No you shouldnt

He already answered that feel free to search around xD

oNC5bHb.png
  • Will we be able to get Grog’s epic when the island opens (just over an hour for EST people) or not until 4EST tomorrow afternoon?
  • Biff wrote: »
    Will we be able to get Grog’s epic when the island opens (just over an hour for EST people) or not until 4EST tomorrow afternoon?

You can max his epic right now
    (I just did)

oNC5bHb.png
  • AtizZ wrote: »
    Biff wrote: »
    Will we be able to get Grog’s epic when the island opens (just over an hour for EST people) or not until 4EST tomorrow afternoon?

(I just did)

IF you have lots of stam laying around, lots of mats laying around or lots of $$$ laying around, yes, you can. I got mine to level 5 and it'll have to sit there for a few weeks...
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    AtizZ wrote: »

(I just did)

IF you have lots of stam laying around, lots of mats laying around or lots of $$$ laying around, yes, you can. I got mine to level 5 and it'll have to sit there for a few weeks...

With the 3x mats active, it is far easier -- I did not spend any money, had to farm for mats and purchased some with corn, and only used the normal stamina plus tower points -- and maxed Grog's epic.

sirtainly wrote: »
    AtizZ wrote: »

(I just did)

With the 3x mats active, it is far easier -- I did not spend any money, had to farm for mats and purchased some with corn, and only used the normal stamina plus tower points -- and maxed Grog's epic.

No corn left. Tried but farming even with the 3x used up my stamina..too many runs without enough mats returned. I do have tower points but I'm hesitant to use 'em before winterfest. Maybe I'll revisit that and add a few levels - highly doubt can get anywhere near done, though...
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited December 2017
    How did folks max his epic already (before the blue island is open)? I know the first piece was released early a long time ago, but wouldn't that have only allowed you to get to level 5 before you needed the next piece?
  • ....well I did revisit, and to be honest, I could have gone farther...now it'll soon be after the 3x event and the island isn't being forthcoming for the piece for level 5 but I should be able to add a few more levels at least.

But maxing? Without cheap ways to buy totems? Hmm....maybe. Be better if I had a higher pvp rating so I could spend honor points on totems but I keep bouncing between brawler and guardian and don't usually make it to champion.

Let's see what Real Life will let me do in the next couple hours....
  • Cheap ways to buy totems?

Buy 100 stamina from the tower daily. Since there's a 3X event going on now that stamina translates into 60 totems. That's almost halfway on a given epic.

If you did this yesterday and today, tadaaa, you're pretty much done. If you've done this every day for the last six months, you've maxed your epic and replenished all the missing totems and are waiting for the next epic.