Introducing Grog-Gnog's Epic: Gift of the Avalanche

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
tzms139b0jx6.png

Grog-Gnog isn't terribly fancy or strategic, he just enjoys snow days and smashing things. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that his epic is very straight forward, it lets him smash even MORE things!

Gift of the Avalanche increases Grog-Gnog's skill, defense, and max health, and also gives him a chance to do 3 additional attacks on random enemies, and that's in addition to his normal 2 hits for a total of 5! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Go Grog-Gnog!!! I always liked this guy, only complaint was he is a little squishy unless runed well.
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • So does the passive with Pignius no longer work when this epic is equipped? Does the epic also work during Beast Retaliation?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Okay... So just 2.5x damage with no special effect on top. Hm. Can't say I wasn't wishing for more, but I guess Grog was really strong already.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Pignius' passive does not stack with epics. Can you imagine waiting out 10 hits from Grog-Gnog?
  • Joel wrote: »
    Pignius' passive does not stack with epics. Can you imagine waiting out 10 hits from Grog-Gnog?

That would be funny as heck to watch him solo against a DR ekko. Like a gorilla punching a weeble.
  • Is there a reason for skill being primary? Maybe I don't fully understand skill, but it seems like the only thing it will affect are crit chance, and probability of frostbite on his third attack. Am I missing gains from this?
    Fville8 wrote: »
    Is there a reason for skill being primary? Maybe I don't fully understand skill, but it seems like the only thing it will affect are crit chance, and probability of frostbite on his third attack. Am I missing gains from this?

It would affect his Frostbite, the defense buff from Snow Day, and increase his Crit Chance as well.

Also I believe Skill also reduces the effects of enemy debuffs.

While maybe not the most impressive stat, Grog was already incredibly powerful to begin with. And I don't think we've ever had an Epic that boosted Skill as the primary stat before, so it's kind of refreshing.
  • Snow day has a set percentage in the description. Would that still benefit? I mentioned crit, but up to epic 11, the increase was underwhelming.
    Fville8 wrote: »
    Snow day has a set percentage in the description. Would that still benefit? I mentioned crit, but up to epic 11, the increase was underwhelming.

Should affect that, yeah. Usually skill affects all buffs and debuffs, even if the percentage is stated in the ability. Is the percentage a green number? Cuz that would definitely mean it changes with Skill. If not, it might still be affected by it. Maybe @Joel can confirm this?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The defense buff from Grog-Gnog's Snow Day is increased via skill. :)
    So basically, this Epic capitalizes on making Grog-Gnog almost a Tank - Or at least, have Tank-like stats. Neat!

Mine now has around ~12,000 Hp, I'm scared to imagine how hard he would be to kill when on a full Beast team with Solaris...
  • I don’t like the Epic. After unlocking it, all my heroes were jumbled again.
  • How about opening the epic dungeon for us in different time zones?
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I don’t like the Epic. After unlocking it, all my heroes were jumbled again.

well, that's YOUR fault, isn't it?
    Next time you'll know better.
  • His epic is a bit underwhelming , but still, GG is a far better hero and team player than Bovus.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    Grog-Gnog's epic requires a fourth upgrade path for blue heroes. Matches Stone Fist except the Angel Totems which are Wicked Totems instead.

Interestingly enough Grog-Gnog's epic attack does not have a damage multiplier, unlike the 2x damage multiplier Bovus gets. Both their epic procs do the same actions (additional attacks against random enemies) and both of them list no multiplier on their epic page in the hero screens. So when Grog's epic goes off his basic attacks doesn't do extra damage he just attacks more. Bovus' two extra attacks are theoretically better as long as he doesn't waste damage overkilling since it's essentially him attacking six times over Grog's five times. Mathematically this isn't precisely true, but loosely true.

So #1-5 are the materials required to fully max out the first part of the epic "Gift of Avalanche"?
  • The epic is underwhelming -- but perhaps they've learned from Shade...

Don't give an amazing epic weapon to an already powerful hero.. ?

• I find this epic to be just right. It is not too powerful, but since Grog Gnog is already so great to begin with he does not need too much more. I think it is genius to increase skill. The attack is also amazing. Yet at the same time, it does not make him too OP. I think this update was great!
    Level 64
    Stormer of Towers
    Certified Trihard
  • while not overwhelming, his epic is quite 'epic' when used, usually epic critting multiple times for crazy damage
  • edited January 1
    What is the percentage chance for epic items and does that chance only apply when you get the special vase at the end of boss island? It took me about 20 tries for my first epic but I got Grog's on my very first try.

EDIT: Also @Joveth can Lupina's epic or Pig's ability go off to make ally beasts attack and Grog's epic activate off of that?
    Post edited by MrTheWaffleKing on
  • JackJack Member
    I was able to get grog nog’s epic the day it was released. I personally love it, it makes him look awesome and it also makes him so much better.