Happy Winterfest! [Extended to Thursday, 1/4!]

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Giagas wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    So wait, I'm confused. How do you unlock 20 doors with gold keys if you only get 3 (1 free, 1 from quests, and 1 you buy for wreaths)?

You can purchase additional gold keys in the shop for $$$.

Ok, guess I missed those. In my opinion, however I think more gold keys should be available to all players who don't spend money to play. I wouldn't expect 28 gold keys and that in game purchases keep the game going, but only being able to get 3 total (1 of which you have to use wreaths to get) seems to be a little light, in my opinion.

When you think about it, there's really only 14 doors to open, then it's just repeats after. They gotta keep the samples light so people crave more, I guess. And gold key doors are pretty powerful stuff!

But I already have enough wreaths to buy 2 silver keys, so I'd imagine being able to open all 28 doors with silver keys without paying a dime is possible. And that's actually pretty good in terms of rewards.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Re: the guild aspect: what happens to the wreaths of people who change guilds during the event?
  • @Joel ... trying to make some financial decisions so hoping you'll help.
    1) How many of the 14 doors have Goretusk tokens?
    2) Doors have skins with Gold keys ... if I reopen the door again the 2nd time around for the same 14 will the skin be replaced with something?
    GalakSS
  • danac wrote: »
    I get putting last year's exmas skins in shop for wreaths.
    I get putting the previous year's xmas skins behind doors.

But I suggest at *some* point making the year one xmas skins available in a shop too, since I'm not sure I'll have the wreaths to buy keys just for skins

Gold keys are $10 each. That means the old skins are $10 each. Seems like a reasonable price to me. They're essentially already in the shop! And you can get 3 gold keys for free, so you could get all 4 old skins for $10 bucks if you wanted.

f2p all the way.

but I get what you're saying.

I'll just have to grind out what I can.
  • Thanks for listening to the feedback - some great runes, skins, solaris tokens and 5x pyre ember bonus in dungeons is a nice touch, thanks @Joel and team.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • If I move to another Guild, do my wreaths move to that Guild also?
  • Negative. Wreaths stay with the guild that you earned them for.
  • I totally agree. Maybe 5 or 6 could be reasonable (20% of totale), but 3 is really too low.
    sirtainly wrote: »
    So wait, I'm confused. How do you unlock 20 doors with gold keys if you only get 3 (1 free, 1 from quests, and 1 you buy for wreaths)?

You can purchase additional gold keys in the shop for $$$.

Ok, guess I missed those. In my opinion, however I think more gold keys should be available to all players who don't spend money to play. I wouldn't expect 28 gold keys and that in game purchases keep the game going, but only being able to get 3 total (1 of which you have to use wreaths to get) seems to be a little light, in my opinion.

• shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited December 2017
    echonap wrote: »
    To BF: Thanks for the great event. A brand new hero, new epic, 2 new rune types, 3 new skins (1 for free). On top of that, we can buy all last year's skins, premium tokens, and corrupted hearts in the shop. You guys really outdid yourselves! I am not going to complain about 3 gold keys. That is very generous already and still gives an edge to those who provide financial support, deservedly so.

Happy holidays everyone!

Well said. I will admit that this event definitely so far is above my expectations. Hoping it continues to be great each day!

I'm also hoping we'll have event dungeons again where we get like 48 mats (crystals, plants, pyres, etc) each time we quick loot. That will help me with my low mats.

But overall, very happy with the event!

Just wish I didn't blow through 4000 stam during the 3x event. Feel like I will need a lot of stam to get 550K wreaths.
    edited December 2017
    @Joel

Quick question for ya. How come some rooms within a dungeon will never have sparklies? As an example, stage 14-6 "The Vault". It seems like there are 2 distinct room backgrounds in this "Keep/crypt" style dungeon that will never have any kind of sparklies (event ones or normal ones). Been like this for as long as I can remember but never bothered to ask. Is this intended?

I hate having those rooms as I know I miss out on potential wreaths.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    heeler wrote: »
    Re: the guild aspect: what happens to the wreaths of people who change guilds during the event?

This guild event works the same as Haunted Halls/Nightmare Before Winterfest. Any wreaths you earn are counted towards the guild you are in when you earned them and do not transfer if you switch guilds.
    GalakSS wrote: »
    @Joel ... trying to make some financial decisions so hoping you'll help.
    1) How many of the 14 doors have Goretusk tokens?
    2) Doors have skins with Gold keys ... if I reopen the door again the 2nd time around for the same 14 will the skin be replaced with something?

1) All doors have Goretusk tokens
    2) Not all doors have skins, but if they do and you already have that skin, the skins will be replaced with heroic summons.

---

I'm glad people are enjoying the event so far! :smiley:
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • By far the best event ever and best rewards ever. Thank you guys so much this event is truly epic
  • echonap wrote: »
    To BF: Thanks for the great event. A brand new hero, new epic, 2 new rune types, 3 new skins (1 for free). On top of that, we can buy all last year's skins, premium tokens, and corrupted hearts in the shop. You guys really outdid yourselves! I am not going to complain about 3 gold keys. That is very generous already and still gives an edge to those who provide financial support, deservedly so.

Happy holidays everyone!

Merry Christmas!
  • @Joel wreaths have disappeared from all portals now. Intended?
  • Came here re: the portal change, too. Please return wreaths to the portals!
    edited December 2017
    First time in a while I had a reason to use my greater summons saved up.

Why do you devs do this? This is like the upgrade greater runes fiasco.
  • It's shady cause an event or banner switch usually starts at reset time...for me 11am yet at 722am the wreaths turned off and I got notification of pure embers bonuses. This was done on the spot
  • @Joel wreaths have disappeared from all portals now. Intended?

I'm pretty sure they were never intended to be in there... or if so, not in the amounts provided.

• It's shady cause an event or banner switch usually starts at reset time...for me 11am yet at 722am the wreaths turned off and I got notification of pure embers bonuses. This was done on the spot

Yup, just terrible. They release something without even thinking ahead of how it might play out, and then pull it after some folks got to benefit from it. Infuriating.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We realized that wreaths were paying out in all the portals, when they were only supposed to be paying out in the Heroic and VIP portal (which is how portal bonuses have always worked). We've added pyre embers for the time being and will have wreaths added back to the Heroic and VIP portals shortly.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    @Joel wreaths have disappeared from all portals now. Intended?

I'm pretty sure they were never intended to be in there... or if so, not in the amounts provided.

This doesn't make sense to me. Someone had to have coded the amounts or the functionality of it. How could they not realize they did this?
  • pcg0dpcg0d Member
    edited December 2017
    Nice job. As always, let's fix a problem instead of leaving it alone. There's nothing that is OP or game breaking about the items in the event store. Just let people use their resources.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited December 2017
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    kalamadea wrote: »
    @Joel wreaths have disappeared from all portals now. Intended?

This doesn't make sense to me. Someone had to have coded the amounts or the functionality of it. How could they not realize they did this?

It's db team, anyone who has been playing for a few months should know this is par for the course, always always fumbles.

I'd love to be a fly in their office
  • Darn..used up all those summons' on wreaths when I could have had pyre embers! :)

Seriously, though, I agree, fixing it after some have taken advantage just widens the have/have-not gap.
  • Yup another Boss fight can’t get their **** straight let’s screw over some time zones. Great job DB . Instead of owning your mistake and putting up a banner stating wreath portals end in X hours you decide to just **** on another seemingly good event. 2/10 back to not testing your releases.
  • This is NOT a way to fix a problem. YOU made the mistake, now you have to change things like you were supposed to. You are just creating a bigger gap. Nice job as always.
  • I am quite irate about this.

Yes there was a mistake- but that is not the player's fault. Why would you 'fix' the mistake by creating an unbalanced event where people behind will NEVER catch up? I am in the 2nd place guild and will benefit from this, so I feel obliged to point out the unfairness.
  • It's Winterfest. Be kind and give us back the wreaths in all Portals.
    Don't favor the ones that b***** the s#!+ out of them over night and ruin the fun for others with that.