Happy Winterfest! [Extended to Thursday, 1/4!]

Comments

• Joel wrote: »
    We realized that wreaths were paying out in all the portals, when they were only supposed to be paying out in the Heroic and VIP portal (which is how portal bonuses have always worked). We've added pyre embers for the time being and will have wreaths added back to the Heroic and VIP portals shortly.

Nah, you guys just didn’t realize how much gold or saved up greater summons the top players had to blow on this. Once you saw that guilds were hitting the 7.5M mark you guys panicked and turned it off. So please don’t give the us the excuse of the wreaths were supposed to only come out of heroic and vip portals. You guys are just flat or lying when you say that.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    We realized that wreaths were paying out in all the portals, when they were only supposed to be paying out in the Heroic and VIP portal (which is how portal bonuses have always worked). We've added pyre embers for the time being and will have wreaths added back to the Heroic and VIP portals shortly.

Nah, you guys just didn’t realize how much gold or saved up greater summons the top players had to blow on this. Once you saw that guilds were hitting the 7.5M mark you guys panicked and turned it off. So please don’t give the us the excuse of the wreaths were supposed to only come out of heroic and vip portals. You guys are just flat or lying when you say that.

I disagree mate -- I'm pretty sure they never meant for wreaths to come out of the Greater Portals. Otherwise they'd have had Pyre Embers and rune materials as well.

Actually.. that would be a great addition.. adding fire / earth crystals to the the Greater Portal... but I digress.

• Luckily I got to take advantage of the great portal wreaths. Nowhere near to the extent of some others, but I am satisfied. However this is very unfair to so many others! I was planning on making my first purchase since last Winterfest, but now.......**** you all! Coal for you.
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »

I disagree mate -- I'm pretty sure they never meant for wreaths to come out of the Greater Portals. Otherwise they'd have had Pyre Embers and rune materials as well.

Actually.. that would be a great addition.. adding fire / earth crystals to the the Greater Portal... but I digress.

This was definitely a mistake since the wreath amount in greater was same as heroic.

I couldn't spend my gold fast enough
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Might as well bring it back now or then LC has a guaranteed win no matter what which is no fair to anyone else, if your so worried about those top prizes then just raise the bar from 7.5 to higher, besides that you guys have made everybody irritated at the game again
  • Might as well bring it back now or then LC has a guaranteed win no matter what which is no fair to anyone else, if your so worried about those top prizes then just raise the bar from 7.5 to higher, besides that you guys have made everybody irritated at the game again

Good thing top rewards are anything above 7.5 mil.
    KuK1uXt.png
  • I honestly think with how much time they have to plan this, they should add it back, raise the top rewards amount, and since it was their mistake deal with everyone buying all the shop rewards
  • WolfreichWolfreich Member
    edited December 2017
    We will be reactivating wreaths in the portals until 3pm CST today, when we were going to switch it to pyre ember for the Solaris event anyway.

Wow you guys couldn’t figure out this on your own, @Joel @xtmn8r play your own game maybe you will figure out how it works. You are an embarrassment.

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited December 2017
    Not sure why people are so upset. Yes, they screwed up. Sure, maybe they should send out a token gesture for an apology. But you really expect them to shrug and say “ok, we’re just not going to make any money for two weeks because we screwed up for one night.”??

As it is, I’d imagine they are in some hot water over it. There will never be a way to know for sure, but I’m guessing that single night of portal spam ended up costing them a staggering amount of real money. How many of us that essentially “bought out” the shop in one night would have spent cash over the next two weeks, but now won’t need to?

This also happened during the “unlimited totem” and “unlimited aether” event mistakes. The real questions are 1-how are they not on high alert for any abuseable event rewards by now and 2-why do thy continue to release new content just before going home for the day instead of doing it early on when they would have time to catch and fix things like this before they can be abused all night long?
  • ...and while we're on the topic of fairness...

If I could purchase 11 gold keys for say $39.95 I'd pull out my debit card right now.

While I can see how those with substantial disposable income would think $10/key was acceptable, I feel it favors the wealthy too much.

If I had been properly rewarded for what I have done in my life I'd be a millionaire, but at the present time, through no fault of my own, I'm on a limited income, and I have empathy for many others that are.

If DB's business model is to soak the wealthy and kids with lots of discretionary income, I can understand that from a purley short-term profit oriented perspective...but this is supposed to be a holiday full of cheer. Cheer should be affordable.

I'm not surprised, along with lying, maximum profit at any cost appears to be popular these days with many. Not with me.

That's my holiday wish: more fairness. Now back to our regularly scheduled mayhem and questing.

/soapbox off
  • Dafuq you mean "they were only supposed to be paying out in the Heroic and VIP portal"? Great summon pulls gave significantly lower range of wreaths, which was clearly by initial coding. We invested GOLD that we earned/saved through out the days for those pulls, they aint free.

own your mistakes. if you think the portals are giving too much, at least notify us in advance then make it the way as your other 10x repeatable quests. especially when one guild has already gain so much from it and you took it off just in time so other guilds cant benefit from it? wtf is your problem?

i want fair play. if you think it was your coding mistake then i want everything rolled back to the beginning.
    We will be reactivating wreaths in the portals until 3pm CST today, when we were going to switch it to pyre ember for the Solaris event anyway.

Thank you. This will give some players a chance to benefit from this.
  • @Skip_Holmes Yes exactly, any amount of testing and actually playing the game would make them understand some of these obvious exploits.

And Woot got a Flag, thanks citizen.

• Wolfreich wrote: »

Wow you guys couldn’t figure out this on your own, @Joel @xtmn8r play your own game maybe you will figure out how it works. You are an embarrassment.

Wait your mad because they are putting wreaths back for a couple hours???????

Please tell me your joking?
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Nope, i'm mad because it took me to tell them how to deal with this properly and again putting in an obvious exploit because they clearly dont play their own game. This is why things are terrible.

Quoting myself so you don't have to read the whole thread. This kind of thing is why people are leaving the game, level capped are quitting, etc.
    Wolfreich wrote: »
    Yup another Boss fight can’t get their **** straight let’s screw over some time zones. Great job DB . Instead of owning your mistake and putting up a banner stating wreath portals end in X hours you decide to just **** on another seemingly good event. 2/10 back to not testing your releases.

• I’m upset by the change because I already spent many of my wreaths. I would have made different choices on purchases if I thought I wouldn’t be able to get more. Not cool.
  • @bwub yeah that's a giant pain, I've been saving up (bought a gold key and a silver and been compiling a spreadsheet of wants). I have no idea if they can do anything about that though.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited December 2017
    Sockless wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    ...and while we're on the topic of fairness...

While I can see how those with substantial disposable income would think $10/key was acceptable, I feel it favors the wealthy too much.

/soapbox off

Please Dear God tell me you are being sarcastic and I missed this. Otherwise I think I just lost some more hope for humanity?

After EVERYTHING DB gave in this event free with just some grinding, you're going to complain that the price of something "favors the wealthy". You do realize they have to make money for the game to stay in existence, right? This isn't Welfrae or Social Security.

I would love more Gold Keys too, but I know I have a budget and that limits my choices. So I throw DB a couple bucks to pay for a game I enjoy playing where it maximizes my enjoyment. By your logic, the price of caviar favors the wealthy, so why don't they give it to you cheaper.

You're misreading my message entirely. Judging by the response you gave it would not be appropriate to discuss the nature of our differences here.

I was only suggesting that the price of 14 keys be lowered for everyone "as a christmas gift", not that -I- should get anything special or that it should be free.

I also drop a couple bucks their way when I can, I don't begrudge them reasonable compensation. I just think it would be a nice holiday gift to allow us to purchase all of the doors at gold level once for $39.95 as opposed to $100.

Why I specifically selected this particular item (gold keys) as my emphasis and NOT other items in the game is because of the elaborate emphasis on the doors as the centerpiece of this mega-event. I specifically did not advocate for any other price reduction.

I don't like a holiday event that shows me all sorts of goodies I can't afford. That does not send an entertaining message to me and I have a right as a consumer to promote my values in the producers of the products I buy and to consume products that meet my values.

I just think its more important to be nice than to be taunting on Xmas. Sorry if you disagree.

[It's also my view that a person's "worth" is not directly measured by their "net worth" and I am more willing to support products that promote same.]
  • December 21, 2017 - the day that DB had folks furiously tapping on their phones for straight 3 hours.
  • @joel - if my screen breaks from this can i contact customer support?
    KuK1uXt.png
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Drocas wrote: »
    @joel - if my screen breaks from this can i contact customer support?

Disclaimer: Dungeon Boss is not responsible for any damage inflicted to devices by excessive tapping. :tongue:
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
    Drocas wrote: »
    @joel - if my screen breaks from this can i contact customer support?

Disclaimer: Dungeon Boss is not responsible for any damage inflicted to devices by excessive tapping. :tongue:

What about finger joint damage? ;-p
    Sockless wrote: »
    What about finger joint damage? ;-p

Disclaimer: Dungeon Boss is not responsible for damages of any sort caused by excessive tapping. :tongue:
  • My fingers!!! wooh, what a workout.
  • Uhhh... @Joel why are we blocked from even seeing what's in door 2 until door 1 is opened?

I thought this was supposed to be an improvement over last year with more transparency.

• Solaris not pictured in the Hero Drops box of the Heroic portal. Do not want to waste pulls unless she is definitely in there.
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Uhhh... @Joel why are we blocked from even seeing what's in door 2 until door 1 is opened?

I thought this was supposed to be an improvement over last year with more transparency.

I said that the calendar worked the same way as last year. Apologies if I was unclear.
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Uhhh... @Joel why are we blocked from even seeing what's in door 2 until door 1 is opened?

I said that the calendar worked the same way as last year. Apologies if I was unclear.

I could've sworn I read something in the Guild Summit thread.. somewhere.. I don't want to dig it out, but I'm not the only one in my guild that was under this same impression... "no uninformed decisions"...