Happy Winterfest! [Extended to Thursday, 1/4!]

Comments

• phoxter wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    • On day 14, if you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order you want.

@Joel
    Open the last door on day 14. Does this mean any door on day 14 or does it mean the gold key door?

any.
  • Any key. Any door.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited December 2017
    phoxter wrote: »
    • On day 14, if you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order you want.

@Joel
    Open the last door on day 14. Does this mean any door on day 14 or does it mean the gold key door?

Any door. Gold silver or bronze.

Edit: whoops didn’t read through the thread as others already answered.
  • Happy New Year forum !
  • I noticed that my dungeon chest collection is now at like 4:15pm CST instead of the normal 3pm CST. Is anyone else experiencing this delay in chest collection?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    I noticed that my dungeon chest collection is now at like 4:15pm CST instead of the normal 3pm CST. Is anyone else experiencing this delay in chest collection?

Yes. I have same collection time now.
  • heelerheeler Member
    Is it confirmed that the rewards will be exactly the same the second time we open the doors? @Joel
  • They weren't last year. Some (most?) were tweaked slightly. I wouldn't expect exact duplication.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    They are essentially duplicated this year, but if skins were offered in a door, they will now pay out Heroic Summons.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    They are essentially duplicated this year, but if skins were offered in a door, they will now pay out Heroic Summons.

Joel, what happened to the holiday/winter theme in the town?
    shiggity80 wrote: »

We're looking into that. While we like the snow, it didn't make any functional difference when it was removed, and we didn't want to risk something going wrong by re-adding it over the holidays.

We're looking into that. While we like the snow, it didn't make any functional difference when it was removed, and we didn't want to risk something going wrong by re-adding it over the holidays.

Cool, no biggie, just kinda a bummer to see once xmas was over.
  • PardonPardon Member
    @Joel Can you confirm us that the special dungeons will be available also during the day when all the 14 doors will be open?
    Pardon wrote: »
    @Joel Can you confirm us that the special dungeons will be available also during the day when all the 14 doors will be open?

Confirmed.
  • heelerheeler Member
    If we have a bunch of leftover bronze keys, will we be able to do anything with them? (Trade them in for wreaths or mats or the like?)
  • ATORATOR Member
    Completed all 28 doors with either gold or silver keys, is there going to be anything rewarded for excess (14 in my case) bronze keys ???
  • danacdanac Member

I find this amusing- the winter theme disappeared midevent with not known patches coming down the line- maybe the new season update, that might have done it.

No one knows how or why the theme disappeared. I'd have thought that code wouldn't be so embedded in other things.

btw, the christmas lights are still up in the tower.

There's clearly only one explanation-

the Grinch stole it.
    That would be Jabber.
    His revenge for being so underpowered.

• danacdanac Member
    heeler wrote: »
    If we have a bunch of leftover bronze keys, will we be able to do anything with them? (Trade them in for wreaths or mats or the like?)

Sell them on the black market.

...they're essentially free resources, you had to pay for silver and gold, so I'd hazard the answer is, no.
  • heelerheeler Member
    danac wrote: »
    heeler wrote: »

Sell them on the black market.

...they're essentially free resources, you had to pay for silver and gold, so I'd hazard the answer is, no.

It's been so long since I visited the Trade Portal that I forgot about it! ;-)
  • @Joel

When do the doors go away, when can we open them until?
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • danacdanac Member
    When do the dungeons close?
  • gmungmun Member
    Doors and dungeons would all go away when event ends on Thurs I would assume.
    Gmun
  • gmun wrote: »

I never assume anything with this game
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • AtizZAtizZ Member
    lythstihl wrote: »
    gmun wrote: »

I never assume anything with this game

But it is more than likely to happen :-P

WbfrH4m.png
  • Joel's original post said:

"Winterfest will last 15 days, from Wednesday, December 20th until Wednesday, January 3rd."

He also said the shop would be open one day after the event to allow us to buy stuff, etc.

Shop deals, titles, skins, all say expire 3d.
    Shop gold/silver/bronze keys expire 1d.

The Doors Event is not dated.

All the other winterfest related event banners (Merry Winterfest, Special Skins, Wreaths) say 1 day as of now.

It is now 6 hours until the new day as of this writing so that would mean until "midday" Thursday (USA time)

I did my important doors already just to be safe and expect to do my remaining bronze in the next 6 hours.

I would have preferred another day but better safe than really sad. If I am allowed to continue gathering wraths after the day change in 6 hours I will use it on remaining shop items.
    We've actually decided to extend Winterfest by one day, I'll edit my original post! The timer on the "Merry Winterfest" banner is the one to watch for the Winterfest doors. :)
    We've actually decided to extend Winterfest by one day, I'll edit my original post! The timer on the "Merry Winterfest" banner is the one to watch for the Winterfest doors. :)

Thanks Joel, I'm still debating exactly what I want to do with keys but I didn't want the event to surprisingly end while I was deciding what to do.

Also I see the original post edited to say 16 days and till Jan 4 but it still says ends Wednesday.
    Fixed!