Who are the Hidden Doors Hurting?

It seems that if you're telling people to use their keys wisely, f you set this entire 14 day event up so that people- who don't buy gold keys for everything- have to choose which doors to use a silver or gold key on, that it would make sense to let them preview all the doors beforehand. even if they have to wait until the door is available on day x.

Instead, you make it so that one must open door 1 before previewing door 2, etc.
however, this isn't a problem for people here, I'm sure there will be posts showing each day's door.
And it won't be a problem for the top guilds, they'll have alts/volunteers to ss the doors for the rest of us.

So who is this hurting ? New players, casual players, players in lesser guilds.

Is this by design? is it laziness? I'm not seeing the rationale behind it.

Comments

• Speaking of door 2, anyone have a screenshot?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Speaking of door 2, anyone have a screenshot?

Already used a gold key, but if I remember correctly:

Bronze gives 5 Tusk tokens, and some wreaths

Silver gives 10 Tusk tokens and a lot more wreaths

Gold gives 20 Tusk tokens, wreaths, and a 5* Legendary Superior Battle Rune (Fire element).

Rune stats at level 30:
    Attack +607
    Attack +304
    Health +658
    Reduce Damage from Water: 10%
  • Speaking of door 2, anyone have a screenshot?

FB has a ss, but it's on my tablet, and I use my PC for the forum.
    ...yeah, I know I could transfer it, but technology confuses and frightens me.

• @danac - even a toilet confuses you.
  • All good points. However, even top guilds/players are hurt a bit because they still may end up using gold keys too early, potentially missing out on a better option later (assuming they don't buy all gold keys).

The approach I'm taking is to wait until there is a good Boost available behind a door, and if I really want that boost, then start opening doors to get to that boost so I can have for the remainder of the event. Until a good boost becomes available, I don't see any point in opening any doors. I'm hoping there won't be a tempting gold key choice prior to the boost door, but the rune behind door 2 is already tempting, so maybe too late for that hope.

I suppose you could wait until the 2nd round of doors comes out, as you'll know all the rewards at that point, but if there aren't at least 3 good gold choice doors, you'd potentially have missed out by not using a gold key on the first 14 doors. Also, if there is a really good boost behind a gold door, you may want to double it up by using the gold key twice on same door. I think this happened last year with double gold/materials, and the boosts stacked.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    @danac - even a toilet confuses you.

how does pulling a lever make it go 'whoosh'?
    bvs72 wrote: »

And you said I was prime material for NASA a while back.
    bvs72 wrote: »

Shouldn't you be making rhymes about your guild?
  • ‘‘Twas four nidhts before Christmas,
    and all through the house,
    Danac was stirring,
    eating a mouse.

She posted a pun,
    She thought it was fun.
    OMG, where is my gun.
  • ImpossiblemanImpossibleman Member
    edited December 2017
    This is my plan so far, please tell me if i'm thinking the wrong way on this:

Idea: i pull every door up to door 14 with silver key, then they are all unlocked AGAIN and i can choose wich one i go for with the golden key. Because after the 14th door, they all reset. and i'm not forced to do door 1 again first. So i can choose the best option for myself, instead of gambling the first 14 days.

This is what joel said: On day 14, when you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order.
    link: forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/57479/notes-about-winterfest-from-12-18-guild-summit#latest
  • This is my plan so far, please tell me if i'm thinking the wrong way on this:

Idea: i pull every door up to door 14 with silver key, then they are all unlocked AGAIN and i can choose wich one i go for with the golden key. Because after the 14th door, they all reset. and i'm not forced to do door 1 again first. So i can choose the best option for myself, instead of gambling the first 14 days.

This is what joel said: On day 14, when you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order.
    link: forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/57479/notes-about-winterfest-from-12-18-guild-summit#latest

Makes sense, but the risk is that there are one or more really good doors that if you had known, you might have wanted to spend a gold key on that door two times. Last year there was a gold and material boost, and some spent gold keys on them twice so they could get a stacking boost.
  • @Foozle the part to use the key twice on the same door is the only thing i can't cover. So that can be annoying if anyone wished they had known.
    Good point
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't see why it's bad thing to be able to preview the doors.. okay, I can't open it until the other ones are open, for whatever reason...

But why can't I view the choices? I'll paraphrase Danac.. what's the harm in knowing?

This was one of my big complaints last year, and between 2016 Winterfest and the Pre-Season fiascoes, I ended up leaving DB for a long period of time.

I had hoped that this year Winterfest would be more transparent, but I'm finding myself let down again.

• Exactly why my parents used to wrap all of my gifts in Saran Wrap instead of gift wrapping paper. Because it’s way more exciting to know exactly what you’re getting from Santa weeks in advance than to have to be surprised and find out Christmas morning.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Exactly why my parents used to wrap all of my gifts in Saran Wrap instead of gift wrapping paper. Because it’s way more exciting to know exactly what you’re getting from Santa weeks in advance than to have to be surprised and find out Christmas morning.

Not saying they should be available for preview *now*
    Saying that they should be available for preview the day they can be opened regardless of whether you've opened other doors.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    ‘‘Twas four nidhts before Christmas,
    and all through the house,
    Danac was stirring,
    eating a mouse.

She posted a pun,
    She thought it was fun.
    OMG, where is my gun.

I hope you rocket science better than you lyric.
  • Oh. Then yeah, I agree. No harm in that.
  • danac wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Exactly why my parents used to wrap all of my gifts in Saran Wrap instead of gift wrapping paper. Because it’s way more exciting to know exactly what you’re getting from Santa weeks in advance than to have to be surprised and find out Christmas morning.

Not saying they should be available for preview *now*
    Saying that they should be available for preview the day they can be opened regardless of whether you've opened other doors.

^ Once day 3 hits, you can only see what's behind it by asking someone else who has opened door 1 and 2.

I'll have 3 gold keys and 14 doors.. and I don't want to pick door 9 then find out door 12 is better and I've used up all my gold keys.

So instead of having to ask other players to show what's behind the door.. just let me preview it once the day has arrived.

• The doors really hurt people who have no friends or people who don't have a second device for alts. like me
    Level:65
    please send arcane evos
    Favorite Hero: Hopper
  • I guess Danac needs some friends.
  • @Knurt you don’t need a second device for an alt. You just need a second email address.
  • On the one hand, if you use bronze/silver to open everything until Day 14, you can use your gold keys after that.

Assuming there is anything actually worthwhile. Right now, there hasn’t been. 5x Hero Simmons maybe, a skin is meh, and I’ve earned 1 mil gold just in quick loots. Now if a 5x celestial for 7 days or triple tokens per day , or something worthwhile pops up, maybe. Gold keys aren’t worth $10 each (if you really want me to buy 14 gold keys BF, make them $1 each, $10 each is too rich for middle class).

Honestly, I’m just depressed that I couldn’t take more advantage of the Great Summon portal more. For most events I’m lucky to get 50 tokens for a character, much less two. It would have been nice if an event that said “Wreaths for any portal summon” lasted over the course of an event, hell maybe more than 21 hours (and for the guy/gal who cancelled it 3 hours early, I hope they get coal in their stocking for being so greedy. You ruined lunch hour for most of US Central time zone).

And no one needs Pyre Embers. I have 147 of this piece of crap crafting material when the rest at the same level sit at 1, 15, 30ish, and 45ish.
  • a little bit off topic, but where is the 3rd gold key? i got the free one, the 40k wreaths, where is number 3?
  • a little bit off topic, but where is the 3rd gold key? i got the free one, the 40k wreaths, where is number 3?

I'm guessing it will be the daily quest reward on Christmas
  • It would have been nice if an event that said “Wreaths for any portal summon” lasted over the course of an event, hell maybe more than 21 hours (and for the guy/gal who cancelled it 3 hours early, I hope they get coal in their stocking for being so greedy. You ruined lunch hour for most of US Central time zone).

Nice but horrible for them.
    Consider, just to use me as an example: I got about 290k wreaths in 6-8 hours of great summons, and otherwise 60 k wreaths in 60 hours of event.

Many people took much greater advantage than I did. If they'd left it up, you'd see most people in most of the top guilds at 750- 1 million wreaths. Everyone would be buying out the store.

• On the one hand, if you use bronze/silver to open everything until Day 14, you can use your gold keys after that.

Assuming there is anything actually worthwhile. Right now, & sthere hasn’t been. 5x Hero Simmons maybe, a skin is meh, and I’ve earned 1 mil gold just in quick loots. Now if a 5x celestial for 7 days or triple tokens per day , or something worthwhile pops up, maybe. Gold keys aren’t worth $10 each (if you really want me to buy 14 gold keys BF, make them $1 each, $10 each is too rich for middle class).

Honestly, I’m just depressed that I couldn’t take more advantage of the Great Summon portal more. For most events I’m lucky to get 50 tokens for a character, much less two. It would have been nice if an event that said “Wreaths for any portal summon” lasted over the course of an event, hell maybe more than 21 hours (and for the guy/gal who cancelled it 3 hours early, I hope they get coal in their stocking for being so greedy. You ruined lunch hour for most of US Central time zone).

And no one needs Pyre Embers. I have 147 of this piece of crap crafting material when the rest at the same level sit at 1, 15, 30ish, and 45ish.

Maybe you were joking but almost everyone needs pyre embers. You need them to craft Etched bars. Etched bars are needed to upgrade epics and craft Spirits. Spirits are needed to craft Ancient core & Ancient source. Ancient core & source are needed to create the Incineration, Survivor & Guardian runes.

Pyre embers are the hardest to farm so take advantage of any offers to get them.