New Undead Hero

GrimStateGrimState Member
edited December 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions
I've been thinking of this for a while and tonight I had voiced the idea in game chat and a lot of people responded with tons of positivity.

Grim State, The Swashbuckler.

Fast, Fire, Undead Pirate with ranged attacks from a handcannon.

He can cause burn and disease and with an Epic that would cause hero's to do x2 damage to burned or diseased enemies.

Silencing Shot - does just what it says.

Spreading ashes - a shot that burns and attacking the burned enemy causes a chance to spread burn.

Bombardment - shoots up into the air hitting everyone with a chance to either disease or burn everyone.

Also could introduce the idea of being able to rally up and bring back hero's that have been feared away from battle with a "Call to Arms" ability.
Post edited by GrimState on

Comments

• Definitely. This would be a game changer.
  • Yeah that's a great idea. A fast fire hero.
  • What would his stats look like?

To make him a tad more powerful, I would, instead of having the whole regular silencing thing (like a lot of heroes have), make it so his silencing shot silences the target with maybe a 25% (40%?) chance to silence a random enemy. That would make him more versatile.

This definitely seems like a hero finally worth adding skill runes to.

He seems pretty cool.
  • Doage wrote: »
    What would his stats look like?

To make him a tad more powerful, I would, instead of having the whole regular silencing thing (like a lot of heroes have), make it so his silencing shot silences the target with maybe a 25% (40%?) chance to silence a random enemy. That would make him more versatile.

He seems pretty cool.

What if the silencing shot had a chance to silence all the other non targetted enemies! Not an all or nothing thing, just a 30% roll on each of the other 3 enemies. It could reading something like this.

I: Ranged fire attack that hits all enemies for [60.4% ATK] base damage and Silences the targeted enemy. Upgrading increases damage output and the likelihood of inflicting Silence.
    II: In addition to the Ranged fire attack, Silencing Shot II adds an additional 30% chance to silence the entire party upon hitting the target.

Or would that be too overpowered?
  • Maybe that could be his Epic Matt.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Doage wrote: »
    What would his stats look like?

He seems pretty cool.

What if the silencing shot had a chance to silence all the other non targetted enemies! Not an all or nothing thing, just a 30% roll on each of the other 3 enemies. It could reading something like this.

I: Ranged fire attack that hits all enemies for [60.4% ATK] base damage and Silences the targeted enemy. Upgrading increases damage output and the likelihood of inflicting Silence.
    II: In addition to the Ranged fire attack, Silencing Shot II adds an additional 30% chance to silence the entire party upon hitting the target.

Or would that be too overpowered?

So basically Balog’s first move but on a Fast Hero? That would be horrifying and a bit OP for sure.

How about a single target attack that purged all buffs on the target before dealing damage, then deals [90.4% Attack] damage, and Silences?

That way you could Silence a Shrouded hero on your first turn as it would remove Shrouded before Silencing them.
  • GrimStateGrimState Member
    edited December 2017
    It really wouldnt be OP, if you think about it. Hero's like Igorok and Valkin can freeze whole teams allowing someone to get two turns in a row without the enemy being able to attack. At least with an AoE silence going against you you can still get off auto attacks.
  • Yeah, i totally support Grim, undead need a new hero, and idea is nice, only word "handcannon" makes me feel better ;)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    GrimState wrote: »
    It really wouldnt be OP, if you think about it. Hero's like Igorok and Valkin can freeze whole teams allowing someone to get two turns in a row without the enemy being able to attack. At least with an AoE silence going against you you can still get off auto attacks.

Yeah, but they're Normal Speed. Meaning you can shut them down in a couple hundred different ways. Outright killing them, Silencing them, or, taking the easiest route, bringing Shade and a whole team of Dark heroes.

You can't stop an enemy Fast hero no matter what you do - They'll always go first. So an AoE Silence on a Fast hero is just completely unfair. Like I said, make it single target and purge buffs first, and you'll have yourself a kind of niche character who can shut down enemy Shades/Hoppers/Any Dark hero on a team with Shade. Plus, having such a hero would make players think twice before raiding with a Shade.

• Torchy is a fast silencer who's epic hits everyone with a burn. Its awesome. But its not "OP" Tbh.