Is incineration rune working?

I have my incineration rune on grog. I've been using him all the time since his epic came out and Winter fest is meaning a lot of dungeons. I have never seen him burn anyone with burning touch. I started counting the number of attacks where he didn't kill anyone and didn't set them on fire. I stopped just under 270. Piggy set all sorts of people on fire, or showed the "burn immune" caption.

Has anyone seen this work? At least lately?
Tagged:

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Joel I’ve also noticed my Grog’s Incine Rune not burning enemies since obtaining his Epic. This sort of thing happened with Stonefist and Chilling enemies on attack. Hopefully this issue can be solved quickly, too.
  • Now that you mention it...
  • Good catch!
  • Come to think of it... my Pig also has an incineration rune, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him burn anyone either. He has a skin, though.

Perhaps skins and epics are breaking it?
  • @dvd54407 that could be it. The incineration rune on my Solaris has been working fine.
  • My grog doesn't have a skin.
  • Does he have the epic, though?
  • Yes, he does have the epic.
  • @TTS1000 I don’t think an incineration rune can work on Solaris... can it? Her basic attack is a ranged one and not melee, and her first move burns enemies by default (so that has nothing to do with the rune).

Anyway. Given the epic adds a kind of “skin” (visual change) itself, I feel like it’s the visuals that are breaking the rune.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    dvd54407 wrote: »
    @TTS1000 I don’t think an incineration rune can work on Solaris... can it? Her basic attack is a ranged one and not melee, and her first move burns enemies by default (so that has nothing to do with the rune).

Anyway. Given the epic adds a kind of “skin” (visual change) itself, I feel like it’s the visuals that are breaking the rune.

Incineration only works on contact, I believe. Never seen a ranged PvE enemy with a 'Touch' ability either, probably because of that.
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Good catch!

"We'll fix it Soon(tm)!"
  • TTS1000TTS1000 Member
    edited December 2017
    @JackHallow666 @dvd54407
    I had it work a lot of times against Ekkos that I otherwhise couldn't kill (the reason I have it on Sol). I'm sure you can afford the 500k gold to try it yourselves if you don't believe me.
    If you look at Pignius, it says on basic attack, not on melee attack. It only happens to be that his basic attack is melee but that doesn't mean it shouldn't work on Solaris/any ranged basic attack.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'm having this looked at. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • darrendarren Member
    dvd54407 wrote: »
    Come to think of it... my Pig also has an incineration rune, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him burn anyone either. He has a skin, though.

Perhaps skins and epics are breaking it?

I just changed my incineration rune from Grog to Valkin.. No Epic, no skin..
    yet no enemies are burnt at all so far.... Must be the inherent "water" power extinguishing any flames !!
  • This is almost off the first page of bugs. Still researching? Setting people on fire now a days is causing more damage than nubs can heal or koros can eat. Would be nice to be able to do it.