Heroic Portal Revamp!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited January 4 in Announcements
Hey everyone!

We've decided to make some changes to how the Heroic Portal functions to help improve the sense of progression and make heroes more accessible overall. This change might not have much of an impact for longtime players who already have every hero six-starred, but we think this will be a significant improvement for newer players and players who do not have complete rosters. :)

Here's how the Heroic Portal will work starting today:
  • At the beginning of the game, there will be 14 Heroes that can be found in the Heroic Portal, down from the ~17 at current. Those heroes are in the 'starting portal' list found below.
  • When a player 6-stars one of those 14 heroes, they will be immediately removed from the portal and they're replaced with a new hero from the 'interim' list. Heroes from the 'interim' list will be added in the order shown.
  • The addition and subtraction of heroes from the portal is accounted for in a 10x Heroic Summon. This means that if you start your 10x summon with a hero at 5 stars and get them to 6 stars on the third summon, the remaining seven summons will NOT have tokens for that hero.
  • IGOROK is the one exception to the rule at this time. He always remains in the Heroic Portal, and six-starring him does not trigger the addition of a new hero.
  • When all of the heroes from the 'interim' list have been added to the portal and a player six-stars one of the heroes in the portal, heroes from the 'ending portal' list will be added in the order shown below.
  • When a hero from the 'ending portal' list is six-starred, they will remain in the portal.
  • In many cases, if an event has a 'featured' hero, that hero will be added to Heroic Portal only if that hero is not six-starred. However, there are some events that will override this and contain heroes even if you have them six-starred. Most of the events that do this will be ones that put a small number of heroes in the portal and remove all others, such as the 'all-caster' portal or the a '50/50' portal that has only two heroes. If you're ever unsure about something, just tap the "Hero Drops" button in the bottom right corner of the summon screen to see what's in the portal at that time.
  • As we add new heroes to the portal, we plan to remove older ones, and shift heroes from the 'ending' list to the 'interim' and 'starting' list in the process.

Starting Portal:
Balog, Emily, Phenol, Icebloom, Julius, IGOROK, Icepick, Alexandros, Sifu, Masuta, Augustus, Brom, Ignus, Yokozuna

Interim:
Indigo, Malice, Hagrim, Pignius, Hansuke, Kai, Kozar

Ending Portal:
Viperia, Krexx, Cobressa, Kreel, Zen, Astrid, Koros, Grog-Gnog, Lily, Hopper, Bauble, Shade, Ferno, IGOROK
(Note that IGOROK is the one hero that stays in the Heroic Portal at all times)

Bonus Jackpot:
Players will have a small chance of collecting a bonus jackpot of 50 tokens for any hero within the portal. They will be very rare, but it's a constant chance to get a big surprise that wasn't there before. :)

Other Changes:
All "Full Unlock" token amounts for heroes on these lists have been changed to 25 tokens, with the exception of IGOROK, who is 35 tokens.
Post edited by Victoria on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• Awesome!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • I know what you are trying to convey in this statement:

"When a player 6-stars one of those 14 heroes, they will be immediately removed from the portal and replaced with one of the heroes on the star one of the 14, they're replaced with a new hero from the 'interim' list. Heroes from the 'interim' list will be added in the order shown."

...but it just doesn't read correctly from what I can tell.
  • This is an awesome change , glad that yoko and ignus are in the portal
    Level - 72
    Guild - VIP LIFE
    Favorite Heroes - Astrid and Indigo
  • xtmn8rxtmn8r Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited January 4
    Joel was kind enough to put together and release while on vacation. I cant figure out how to edit but essentially delete/ignore "replaced with one of the heroes on the star one of the 14,"
  • I think these changes are awesome for new players!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Partly patching up PortalGate? Good move, good move.
  • Whereas I am happy to see a change to the heroic portal, this change does not make me want to use 2700 gems for a chance at a bad hero.
  • MongoMongo Member
    I don't see this as a win for lower levels.
    Let's say there's an event and I unlock a top tier hero. After the event I will have ZERO chance of improving them because I haven't starred up enough lesser heroes.
    This really screws over people who've recently spent a lot of gem to unlock heroes like that... Without the fore-knowledge of knowing they just spent a lot on a hero that will be stuck at low stars and possibly useless for a long time.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited January 4
    Mongo wrote: »
    I don't see this as a win for lower levels.
    Let's say there's an event and I unlock a top tier hero. After the event I will have ZERO chance of improving them because I haven't starred up enough lesser heroes.
    This really screws over people who've recently spent a lot of gem to unlock heroes like that... Without the fore-knowledge of knowing they just spent a lot on a hero that will be stuck at low stars and possibly useless for a long time.

Why would you ever go to the heroic portal for a specific hero that wasn't featured? They can still star up that hero when their feature comes around same as always. That doesn't change at all.

Except it does kind of change - because you know you won't get aether anymore unless you have all the starter and interim heroes maxed. This is a MASSIVE benefit to newer players that you just really wouldn't understand until you've been in the position of someone with a maxed roster.

Edit: In regards to any people thinking "Wow 25 tokens that's some garbage. Money grabbing scumbags"

I'll remind you that tokens converted to aether were worth about 1/5th of a token. Once your roster starts getting more developed most unlocks you get currently are aether so it's not a 35 token unlock... It's like a 7 token unlock for another hero. I think most people would prefer the guaranteed 25 tokens that they need while working on their roster. If you have your entire roster maxed and are purely doing heroic portals for aether farming it will hurt you... but then I'd question why the hell you were farming aether from the heroic portal >.<
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    Awasome change, so the newest portal is somewhere between the old portal (that everione loved) and the current one whit a hint of organising heroes into tiers. Kinda interesing on the tier side as that means quick to appear heroes wil be more common low level, but that also mean that better harder to aquire heroes will has a relative reliable way to get for high level players. Good Job
  • misawamisawa Member
    Do my eyes deceive me, or is Ignus in the portal???
  • This is awesome , can't wait for reeeeevamp
  • Nice win for the newbies. Good job BF
  • this will be crap for new level 10 players, they rely on their first 2 heroic summons to gain 2 good heroes they can use, now you just took that opportunity away from them
    The Great Monk- Key shall protect my dungeon from attacks

SparkleStarley
  • this will be crap for new level 10 players, they rely on their first 2 heroic summons to gain 2 good heroes they can use, now you just took that opportunity away from them

It's admittedly been a while since I was level 10.. but I recall any hero being pretty good for myself!

You're level 10.
  • I'm level 64, but i make a new account like every week so it matters for me

SparkleStarley
  • I'm level 64, but i make a new account like every week so it matters for me
    Why?
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 72 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • because its fun playing against noobs and progressing 10x faster than most others my level, not to mention slow levelling and beating people 10 levels higher, and a full set of improved runes at lv 31 will get you pass anything

SparkleStarley
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited January 5
    I'm level 64, but i make a new account like every week so it matters for me

So when you say "they" rely, you meant "I' rely on my numerous alt accounts. I would also be curious why haha

The vast majority of level 10 players have absolutely no idea what is good and what is not. All heroes are good and exciting. The average new player most certainly does not "rely" on the portal to get them specific heroes.

Edit: Oh I see because it's fun to beat up on noobs. I never understood twinks >.< To each their own!
  • when you were level 10, who was stronger:your willow or the Sifu you pulled from a heroic portal, and my alts usually get deleted before they hit level 30

SparkleStarley
  • ...and my alts usually get deleted before they hit level 30
    Again, why?
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 72 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • I like this change. It doesn't have much affect on me, but it would have made a big difference several months ago, when I had more heroes to 6*. It would have been great to be able to weed out the heroes I already had maxed.
  • because dungeon boss isn't supported by game centre and i don't feel like making making 20 emails

please don't ask why

SparkleStarley
  • you know why else this would suck, because now f2ps have to wait until an event to get the good end portal heroes like shade

SparkleStarley
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    when you were level 10, who was stronger:your willow or the Sifu you pulled from a heroic portal, and my alts usually get deleted before they hit level 30

Okay, yes, we get why you've made one new account. But why are you doing this every week!?!?
  • when you were level 10, who was stronger:your willow or the Sifu you pulled from a heroic portal, and my alts usually get deleted before they hit level 30

Okay, yes, we get why you've made one new account. But why are you doing this every week!?!?

He has a disease.
  • because dungeon boss isn't supported by game centre and i don't feel like making making 20 emails

please don't ask why

You're such a mess, so many question marks with all your posts .

please don't ask why

We should probably shape the entire game's mechanics around his completely unusual and unique play style.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Makes sense to only allow mid tier heroes to mid lvl players and save the good heroes for events and high lvl players only, unless they have money. What fun is it if Solaris and every other meta is featured in an easily accessible portal for a lvl 10 to pull with a fresh account?

please don't ask why

We should probably shape the entire game's mechanics around his completely unusual and unique play style.

I am arrogant, and I'm proud of it

SparkleStarley