We've decided to make some changes to how the Heroic Portal functions to help improve the sense of progression and make heroes more accessible overall. This change might not have much of an impact for longtime players who already have every hero six-starred, but we think this will be a significant improvement for newer players and players who do not have complete rosters.
Here's how the Heroic Portal will work starting today:
- At the beginning of the game, there will be 14 Heroes that can be found in the Heroic Portal, down from the ~17 at current. Those heroes are in the 'starting portal' list found below.
- When a player 6-stars one of those 14 heroes, they will be immediately removed from the portal and they're replaced with a new hero from the 'interim' list. Heroes from the 'interim' list will be added in the order shown.
- The addition and subtraction of heroes from the portal is accounted for in a 10x Heroic Summon. This means that if you start your 10x summon with a hero at 5 stars and get them to 6 stars on the third summon, the remaining seven summons will NOT have tokens for that hero.
- IGOROK is the one exception to the rule at this time. He always remains in the Heroic Portal, and six-starring him does not trigger the addition of a new hero.
- When all of the heroes from the 'interim' list have been added to the portal and a player six-stars one of the heroes in the portal, heroes from the 'ending portal' list will be added in the order shown below.
- When a hero from the 'ending portal' list is six-starred, they will remain in the portal.
- In many cases, if an event has a 'featured' hero, that hero will be added to Heroic Portal only if that hero is not six-starred. However, there are some events that will override this and contain heroes even if you have them six-starred. Most of the events that do this will be ones that put a small number of heroes in the portal and remove all others, such as the 'all-caster' portal or the a '50/50' portal that has only two heroes. If you're ever unsure about something, just tap the "Hero Drops" button in the bottom right corner of the summon screen to see what's in the portal at that time.
- As we add new heroes to the portal, we plan to remove older ones, and shift heroes from the 'ending' list to the 'interim' and 'starting' list in the process.
Balog, Emily, Phenol, Icebloom, Julius, IGOROK, Icepick, Alexandros, Sifu, Masuta, Augustus, Brom, Ignus, Yokozuna
Indigo, Malice, Hagrim, Pignius, Hansuke, Kai, Kozar
Viperia, Krexx, Cobressa, Kreel, Zen, Astrid, Koros, Grog-Gnog, Lily, Hopper, Bauble, Shade, Ferno, IGOROK
(Note that IGOROK is the one hero that stays in the Heroic Portal at all times)
Players will have a small chance of collecting a bonus jackpot of 50 tokens for any hero within the portal. They will be very rare, but it's a constant chance to get a big surprise that wasn't there before.
All "Full Unlock" token amounts for heroes on these lists have been changed to 25 tokens, with the exception of IGOROK, who is 35 tokens.