Combat Revamp! Please Read! [CHANGES LIVE!]

Comments

• [Boy I'm glad I responded early on..I have a feeling this is going to be one of those 200+ threads]
  • Prior to the combat revamp: *everyone is angry because PvP is broken*

After the combat revamp announcement: *everyone is mad because their runes are ‘worthless’ now*

Is there nothing that will make you people happy?

Because the only way to fix pvp inconsistencies is to invalidate the investments people have made?
  • I mean... yeah kind of. Do you have a better idea?
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    I mean... yeah kind of. Do you have a better idea?

Jibber
  • Prior to the combat revamp: *everyone is angry because PvP is broken*

After the combat revamp announcement: *everyone is mad because their runes are ‘worthless’ now*

Yes, as stated. A free unequip for a period greater than one day, a day I believe will fall during the work week? I will be thrilled!
    GM - The Underworld Titans
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    edited January 6
    The game MUST go through changes if they want people to keep playing it, but if you're level 70 then the game is over for you. What more do you expect from it when you have all heroes 6 star, all epics, crafted perfect runes and keep up on the meta? What do you guys do with console games when you beat them? I see some people here like to restart and make new accounts just to follow the meta, but the game changes way too much for that to last long unless you're filthy rich and swimming in a fancy house of cash. I don't see any other option once you have hit lvl 70 other than to complain that a whole new game can't be given to you through this one. Makes no sense at all. Is this game...is this game a drug addiction for some players even though they hate every change? o.o

Also, where's the dark spirit healer construct? :3
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited January 7
    Nowhere because that would break the game.
    Post edited by farfella on
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Pardon wrote: »
    I am wondering if the Level Capped abandon has anything to do with this....After tons of gems and materials spent to make planning or tactics rune with -10% what are we supposed to do with those runes? Throw them in the trashcan? Let's consider that when you sacrifice a rune you don't even get back any material spent....Thinking about starting all over again could be really frustrating!

A wise man once said .. "just a blip on their financials"

;)
  • Some free rune equips would be lovely, I agree!!!
  • AarwynAarwyn Member
    They already said there would be a free unequip. That is not what these folks are talking about though.

I'm still hoping for an answer about level-based miss chance.
  • @Joel what about the 40% Health boost in PvP?
  • dvd54407 wrote: »
    @Joel what about the 40% Health boost in PvP?

Iirc they said it's gonna be remove d
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Prior to the combat revamp: *everyone is angry because PvP is broken*

Because the only way to fix pvp inconsistencies is to invalidate the investments people have made?

I've said this before, but it's because the system was flawed from the start. It should have been what the combat revamp will make it from the beginning. But it wasn't. And so, what people were investing into was a broken system that was bound to be fixed eventually.

Speaking of, with the meta shifting with new heroes and hero rebalances, doesn't that sort of mean that investing in any one thing will become useless eventually? Like how people invested in MK so much because he was really good. Or how people suddenly started investing in the Undead again because Zomm got buffed. This is just a big meta change, but regarding runes instead of heroes. Who knows, maybe DR will become useful again someday.
  • PardonPardon Member
    I consider MK nerf one of the biggest mistakes ever made from the devs as there were many way to encounter him and eventually they could have made just some changes about undead instead of destroying him....
    LOL me all you want, @FatCat69, you know I'm right.
  • LOL me all you want, @FatCat69, you know I'm right.

Flavor of the month is salt , starring Garfield
  • You and our Cheeto Hitler just luuuurve your nicknames, don't you. ;) Poor @iphonesheep. Who hurt you?
    So what’s your counterpoint then? That DR wasn’t incredibly broken before? That PvP wasn’t unbalanced?

We all knew for months that DR was going to be changed. You could’ve got your frustration about ‘losing value’ out then. It’s better than keeping it pent up, ya know.

Seems every update recently ‘devalues’ something, according to the forums. I wonder what’s next?
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited January 7
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    You and our Cheeto Hitler just luuuurve your nicknames, don't you. ;) Poor @iphonesheep. Who hurt you?

Nobody hurt me, I just like poking fun, stop taking it so seriously gosh, I don't want to be responsible for hurt feelings!
    edited January 8
    This is a very positive and welcomed change, even if it means lowering the value of Atk and DR. It was a bandage that needed to be ripped off for the game's survival, if you ask me. Now going forward, I think these are some of the next biggest issues that need to be addressed:
    • Making tapping on enemies and sparkly objects easier. We all know the story of losing a PvP raid because of Nub's hat all too well.
    • Hero sorting and the ability to save pre-made teams. This would make both PvE and PvP run smoother.
    • Roster Power and determining your PvP enemies. I'm not sure how they should be determined, but clearly Roster Power is not the answer.
    • Hero rebalancing. Just listen to the people on the forums. Except anyone who thinks Solaris/Shade are fine the way they are. (kidding, kidding!)
    • This is a minor thing, but slight GUI tweaks. Many GUI buttons feel clunky and laggy. More than once, I've wasted gems refreshing a friend hero after scrolling down the list because it just clicks back to the start. Also, I can't even count how many times I've tried to leave the ToP or My Dungeon to be greeted by my profile data. Also the ability to manually re-run a dungeon in the click of one button instead of three (plus a loading screen) would be greatly appreciated.
  • danacdanac Member
    Prior to the combat revamp: *everyone is angry because PvP is broken*

If they made it so anyone with username danac got 3x rewards.
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    You and our Cheeto Hitler just luuuurve your nicknames, don't you. ;) Poor @iphonesheep. Who hurt you?

Garfield *was* funny.

I suppose we could have named you Grumpy Cat instead.

Really, this whole issue should be a nonissue. The game changes, it's always changed. Investing in stability in this game is misguided, to be polite.
    Plus combat was horribly horrible screwed up.

• Any chance of actually putting the formula out, publicly?
  • @DexKivuli I really hope they share actual numbers and formulas. The changes to DR are pretty convoluted. More information would help us make informed decisions about how to rune our heroes going forward.

I'd really like some info on how diminishing returns work for defense as well.
  • Everyone is just all tore up about this, lol. Life is about change! Adapt and overcome! Before pronouncing the death of DB, let’s just see how it actually works before running our mouths and proving what everyone suspected about you all along......
  • So, what exactly is meant about “changes are around the corner”...potential release date?
  • I wonder if there is another Guild PVP event around the corner at the same time.
  • davinchi wrote: »
    PvP lacks balance and variety--changes are desperately needed imo.

If the game remains static it will be ShadeGoretusk on every team. Heck, it's already starting to be that way. That's 2 mandatory heroes. For the other 2; choose amongst this tiny pool of 4-6 others (Daeris,Zomm,Solaris,SB, etc). If you fail to follow this formula or dare to experiment, you will lose decisively.
    The result of this stagnation is apparent in our current game; zero decision-making/strategy, and repetitive/dull/tedious pvp. If ShadeGT vs ShadeGT for every raid is your idea of fun then you are truly a self-sadist.

That being said, I can really appreciate the latest batch of new heroes. Such a shame they just rot. They are well thought out and have some complexity to their mechanics. Admiral Kreel, Marrow, and Bauble are great examples. If these heroes and others were pvp viable this game would absolutely be more dynamic and exciting! The problem is, unless they fit into the Shade meta they will never see the light of day. (Goretusk is only popular because Shade is popular: mammoth guard stacking with dark shroud for 103% DR is an huge oversight by devs imo)

I hope the pvp revamp is rigorously and thoroughly tested before release. A ham-fisted approach would be catastrophic and game breaking. However, if done right, I look forward to exploring new possibilities!

Thank you for this post. While it doesn't cover all the reasons why I have now left the game (grind, awful UI), it gets at the heart of it for raids.

The game was a lot of fun back when levelling. It long since became a grind-fest for a small number of meaningful runes to attached to a small pool of newer heroes. For me, the game needs a lot more than some plausibly-interesting changes to combat to bring me back.