Combat Revamp! Please Read! [CHANGES LIVE!]

Comments

• Matt, that part(relative RP) doesn't upset me and I get it. I just don't understand the specifics of how it was reduced. Stars, runes, combo of both? And like I said as far as the game affect goes I'm not too worried about it.... I'm just a little PO'd about my personal amount of time I've spent boosting my overall RP and now it's down 25K. It's a little disconcerting. I was kind of focusing my efforts in that direction for the last little while. The way I look at it I might have gone about things differently if I had know the changes were coming. I'm not upset about the way it relates to how the game is played. Call it a personal goal to hit 400K... now I have a lot longer way to go.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The roster power change seems to be due to a small rounding error that becomes magnified the stronger a hero is, we are looking into fixing it.

I will also quote something I said in the original post of this thread:
    "While we are very confident in this revamp, it would be foolish for us to say that it will make everything perfect. As the dust from this overhaul settles, we will be looking out for specific heroes and abilities that need further balancing and will make changes if we feel they are necessary."

We are already looking into further balancing options, and the feedback given here is helping us figure out where to look first. Thanks, and please keep giving us your opinions. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Hockeybike wrote: »
    Matt, that part(relative RP) doesn't upset me and I get it. I just don't understand the specifics of how it was reduced. Stars, runes, combo of both? And like I said as far as the game affect goes I'm not too worried about it.... I'm just a little PO'd about my personal amount of time I've spent boosting my overall RP and now it's down 25K. It's a little disconcerting. I was kind of focusing my efforts in that direction for the last little while. The way I look at it I might have gone about things differently if I had know the changes were coming. I'm not upset about the way it relates to how the game is played. Call it a personal goal to hit 400K... now I have a lot longer way to go.

You act as if your hard work went down the toilet when it didn't. Regardless of whether they made RP 10x what it is, or 1/10th of what it is, you would still have had to put in the same amount of work to get to where you are now.

The goal of "400k" is relative. Since they tweaked RP, your goal is now 375K or whatever.
  • @Joel Can you please clarify a few issues with the revamp?

1) My Shade has 2 tactics runes each with 10% DR in pvp with no base DR. What will Shade's calculated DR be since its non-general DR and now multiplicitive not additive? How about with 3 tactics runes, each 10% pvp DR?
    1a) In what order are non-general bonuses be calculated? If a character has 10% DR in pvp and 10% DR vs rogues, what is the DR versus rogues in pvp?
    1b) Can we get non-general calculations in our hero card for things like pvp, pve, or vs. rogues, etc.?

2) Is Damage Penetration only useful again Damage Resistance? Does DP reduce DR on a 1 for 1 ratio?
    2a) Is non-general DP additive or multiplicive like non-general DR?
    2b) In what order is non-general DP calculated?

Thanks for the help.
  • Drocas wrote: »
    Hockeybike wrote: »
    My roster power just lost 25K.... not too thrilled about that. Spent a bunch of resources crafting that superior incineration rune and so far that thing is worthless. Explain the loss of roster power to me please.

If its the same loss for everyone does it really matter?

"Feelings"
  • Joel wrote: »
    The roster power change seems to be due to a small rounding error that becomes magnified the stronger a hero is, we are looking into fixing it.

"While we are very confident in this revamp, it would be foolish for us to say that it will make everything perfect. As the dust from this overhaul settles, we will be looking out for specific heroes and abilities that need further balancing and will make changes if we feel they are necessary."

We are already looking into further balancing options, and the feedback given here is helping us figure out where to look first. Thanks, and please keep giving us your opinions. :)

Thanks for the info.

Shiggity like I said... if I had known the changes were coming and we're going to affect RP to that extent I probably would have been going about things in a different matter in the way I was playing the game.

"feelings" wow... clever comment. You think up that all by yourself?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    RP shouldn't have been changed as it was. Once we make the calculation fix, it should be the same as it was before the change, or potentially a even a bit higher.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • So far with my short amount of testing I'm finding that disease is overly impactful.
    Pre revamp, the dampening effect was noticeable but manageable.
    Now the dampening feels far too strong with the decrease of damage/healing throughput. The result is diseased heroes becoming near useless since disease double dips (reducing both dmg and heal). Maybe I'm missing something or runeing incorrectly, but doing literally zero dmg/heals for multiple rounds is pretty harsh
    the amount of Shades in this game...is just TOO DANG HIGH!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    davinchi wrote: »
    So far with my short amount of testing I'm finding that disease is overly impactful.
    Pre revamp, the dampening effect was noticeable but manageable.
    Now the dampening feels far too strong with the decrease of damage/healing throughput. The result is diseased heroes becoming near useless since disease double dips (reducing both dmg and heal). Maybe I'm missing something or runeing incorrectly, but doing literally zero dmg/heals for multiple rounds is pretty harsh

Don't forget it blocks Crit too!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • I'm just going to hold my breath until the devs announce that they've reverse-castrated MK and imbued his reattached bag with the power to fully heal party on crit (which now maxes at 100% with a single one-star light lesser precision rune). Chances of survival?
  • Personally I have not seen too drastic a change with the revamp. I am kinda great with the DR change : i just don't think it made sense that my 4 top notched heroes will lose a PvP to a single bauble who cannot take any damage. So the current cap on DR is a welcome.

There are definitely some differences but not too drastic. I haven't found myself the need to change too many runes yet but i am still experimenting with DP. I have lost some PvP that i thought i would have won but i guess that's part of the change.

Overall revamp seems good, IMO..

However, the 2 hours is not enough.. That is really unfair..
    Joel wrote: »

Yes I did think that all up myself , I'm quite proud of the few seconds it took me from my entire day.
    Careful with that feels ointment. :)
  • I don’t get why healers needed to be made completely useless.

I understand putting skill runes on them helps a bit, but the likes of Solaris only just came into the game, and you basically made her as useful as jabber and ignus.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited January 10
    Andy118 wrote: »
    I don’t get why healers needed to be made completely useless.

I understand putting skill runes on them helps a bit, but the likes of Solaris only just came into the game, and you basically made her as useful as jabber and ignus.

Ironically Jabber has been used by a few top players to great success in top 100 raids. Though maybe that's what you meant when you said Solaris was on Jabber level!

Now I've seen claims that both GT and Solaris are useless today. Talk about jumping too conclusions that couldn't be further from the truth >.<
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited January 11
    Healers are trash at the moment. They have to fix that —the just don’t HEAL anymore.

And Selwyn has been giving Jabber a run for his money lately.

I love how the people who say they aren’t really seeing much of a difference are the casual players that obviously haven’t spent time building up heroes with DR. Makes sense that they’re the same ones complaining that they couldn’t do any damage to heroes with DR. And humorously these people that don’t notice a difference are the same mediocre players that the entire combat revamp was undertaken to appease.
  • Surprised nobody has mentioned the new heeler hansuke heels himself every hit while slaughtering entire teams all by himself
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Healers are trash at the moment. They have to fix that —the just don’t HEAL anymore.

And Selwyn has been giving Jabber a run for his money lately.

I love how the people who say they aren’t really seeing much of a difference are the casual players that obviously haven’t spent time building up heroes with DR. Makes sense that they’re the same ones complaining that they couldn’t do any damage to heroes with DR. And humorously these people that don’t notice a difference are the same mediocre players that the entire combat revamp was undertaken to appease.

Well, for me, I had a Bauble team that was very useful against Shade Zomm teams.
    Now, not so much.

As for the rest, I've given up on PVP now. it seems this combat revamp has magnified the disadvantage I was at rune-wise vs top tier teams.
  • I don’t remember anyone asking on the forums for raids to last 10 times longer. I’m really puzzled by this update. Before the revamp, if you had a good strategy and decent runes, you could beat any max rp defense in two turns. Now, it feels like I go through 20% of my phone’s battery to deal with a single 4000 rp shade/zomm defense. Am I missing something?
  • But they have to last 10x longer cause refreshes are going to cost 10x as much as they used to! ;) Those much maligned streaks are now super critical because it'll cost you an arm an a leg to do more than one streak of 20 per day.
  • @FatCat69 lmao! Are you on the fence for quitting also?
  • I have been for six months. They keep giving me more and more reasons to do so and fewer and fewer reasons to stick around.
  • The changes to healing are too severe. If the idea is to make a mix of runes ideal, then the change to healers is a fail, as you’d have to load massive skill on a healer to get anything remotely useful. Bauble and Dagrund curse this change. Curse it!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    DwightFry wrote: »
    Surprised nobody has mentioned the new heeler hansuke heels himself every hit while slaughtering entire teams all by himself

@heeler I didn't know you were Hansuke in disguise!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • InnovInnov Member
    My Lily has 42% DR, some PvP DR, 7.4k HP and 4,3k defence. She was one shotted by SB. First attack in the fight. SB did not have DP. Why?

PvP 3 choices don't make sense for a long time now. There is no easy medium hard choice. It's just random enemies at random spots. Some times easy choices are impossible. THE MAIN REASON THAT CAN LEAD YOU TO HIGHER LEAGUES IS NOT YOUR ROSTER OR CHOICES, IT'S LUCK. What a ridiculously huge fail.

95% of the strong PvP teams have shade. For MONTHS. MANY MONTHS. If this doesn't give you a hint about the changes that need to be made then I don't know what will.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I have been for six months. They keep giving me more and more reasons to do so and fewer and fewer reasons to stick around.

If you've been on the fence for 6 months, seems like they have been giving you more reason to stick around than not.

Yes I did think that all up myself , I'm quite proud of the few seconds it took me from my entire day.

Guess you gotta be proud of something... Give yourself a pat on the back there keyboard warrior.
  • RexobRexob Member
    While we are very confident in this revamp, it would be foolish for us to say that it will make everything perfect. As the dust from this overhaul settles, we will be looking out for specific heroes and abilities that need further balancing and will make changes if we feel they are necessary.
    Did you guys bother play testing the healing b/c it's REALLY obvious that healing was nerfed across the board ~75% at minimum. Most players realized this within the first time a heal was used. It doesn't take hundreds of observations to know that...
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
    Hockeybike wrote: »

Guess you gotta be proud of something... Give yourself a pat on the back there keyboard warrior.

No keyboard warrior, I spend most of my hours in a day running my business yet i still find pockets moments of fun sich as yourself, just simple 1 liners and words, it's funny how much this has bothered you though. I'll apologize you're so delicate, but not sorry :)
  • As someone who was really on the fence about how this was all going to turn out, bugs aside I am really enjoying myself.