Healing System now broken?

Before I start off, no, im not one of those guys that's never satisfied with anything, I love the way they make dmg reduction, dmg penetration, atk, def, ETC balanced and useful. But I just hate the healing system now. I get that they want skill runes to be used more, but the healing still sucks, making healers incredibly UnderPowered at the moment. I think the healing was just fine before. In my opinion, the "split" heal mechanic isn't really great, unless you increase the healing that healers do. This is just my opinion.
Tagged:

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I think the split healing should be skewed. As in, it still heals less targets more, but not based on dividing the original healing.

I think the calculation should go something like this (These values are on top of the given heals after division):
    0 out of 4 allies dead/missing: All remaining allies gain +15% healing from AoE heals.
    1 out of 4 allies dead/missing: All remaining allies gain +45% healing from AoE heals.
    2 out of 4 allies dead/missing: All remaining allies gain +80% healing from AoE heals.
    3 out of 4 allies dead/missing: All remaining allies gain +200% healing from AoE heals.

Compare this to the current math:
    0 allies dead = +0% healing
    1 ally dead = +33% healing
    2 allies dead = +100% healing
    3 allies dead = +300% healing

If you look at it from a reversed perspective, as in dividing the heal amongst living allies, this is the current formula:
    4 allies alive = 25% healing for all members
    3 allies alive = 33.33% healing for all members
    2 allies alive = 50% healing for all members
    1 ally alive = 100% healing for that member

With my suggestions, this would look more like:
    4 allies alive = 40% healing for all members
    3 allies alive = 78.33% healing for all members
    2 allies alive = 130% healing for all members
    1 ally alive = 300% healing for that member

This would still mean healing is reduced for your team the less allies you have, but it wouldn't feel as crippling as it does now. It would also make fights easier for both your healer and their patients as your lost teammates, giving you a better chance of a comeback.
  • Please correct me if my math is wrong. Unless you're farfella.

I actually like this idea, and it the math actually looks good, so don't worry lol
  • dj7501 wrote: »
    Please correct me if my math is wrong. Unless you're farfella.

I actually like this idea, and it the math actually looks good, so don't worry lol

I meant "and the math" not sure where "it" came from lol
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited January 10
    I'll quote Joel quoting himself

"I will also quote something I said in the original post of this thread:
    "While we are very confident in this revamp, it would be foolish for us to say that it will make everything perfect. As the dust from this overhaul settles, we will be looking out for specific heroes and abilities that need further balancing and will make changes if we feel they are necessary.""

I think healing is a solid contender for some revisions.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited January 10
    While I agree - I enjoy Sol matches being a LOT faster now that basically both of her abilities are poop.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Please correct me if my math is wrong. Unless you're farfella.

Like you expect me to even read all that lmao.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    Healers are absolute garbage now. I remember when you could just select 4 random healers, head into the tower, hit auto-run, and be done within a couple minutes.

No, I don't think that's fair - and Healers shouldn't be able to do that. But what they can do right now... Is just sad. All healers are now a former version of their past selves. Ember is still good with Fire heroes since she heals them for 3x, but that's about it.

@Joel Please convey to the dev team that the forums and players are furious over the changes to healing. We understand Skill runes should be valuable now, but they're not. Like we've pointed out many times before, the way the game's formulas work, adding even a large amount of skill still results in a very small change. That goes for healing, too. I've put 2 Skill runes on a few of my healers - Which seems to me like the appropriate number of slots that should be taken up by Skill runes, if ever - and they're still struggling to heal even 2,000 health at a time.

Are single-target heals supposed to also suck? Augustus' Lay On Hands healed an ally for triple digits earlier today.

All you guys have to do is just tinker with the algorithms and increase how hard the Skill stat scales and affects abilities. Make it so just 2-3 good Skill runes will bring Healers' healing back up to what it used to be like. We shouldn't have to waste 4-5 rune slots just to get our healers to actually do their job.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @Joel Please convey to the dev team that the forums and players are furious over the changes to healing.

Have a bit of faith in me? I'm always conveying things, it's kind of my job, and the thing I always do.

I'll quote MattCauthron quoting me quoting myself.

"While we are very confident in this revamp, it would be foolish for us to say that it will make everything perfect. As the dust from this overhaul settles, we will be looking out for specific heroes and abilities that need further balancing and will make changes if we feel they are necessary.""

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
    Joel wrote: »
    @Joel Please convey to the dev team that the forums and players are furious over the changes to healing.

Have a bit of faith in me? I'm always conveying things, it's kind of my job, and the thing I always do.

I'll quote MattCauthron quoting me quoting myself.

Hey, I have faith in you. Just making extra doubly-sure!
  • I’m just curious how you guys didn’t notice healing was so drastically reduced. You should have seen these numbers during QA testing right!?

How do you let heals do triple digit heals when they were 4+ digits prior?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    I’m just curious how you guys didn’t notice healing was so drastically reduced. You should have seen these numbers during QA testing right!?

How do you let heals do triple digit heals when they were 4+ digits prior?
    @shiggity80 Um... you know that WE are the QA testers, right? Game’s still in beta after all.

Sigh, I know that deep down inside....but still.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited January 11
    Hard to do that when the healing is so blatantly nerfed by ~75%+ across the board. If this was playtested even ONCE - that should have been obvous...it doesn't take extensive testing to observe how drastic the healing nerf is.

IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Yeah, it's just so obvious that healers are absolutely worthless in the current system. So broken.
    Rexob wrote: »
    Hard to do that when the healing is so blatantly nerfed by ~75%+ across the board. If this was playtested even ONCE - that should have been obvous...it doesn't take extensive testing to observe how drastic the healing nerf is.

Joel is just the messenger. He doesn’t have anything to do with playtesting. Let’s not shoot him for the real devs’ mistakes.