Shade Posession Question (Tower and Solaris)

sirtainlysirtainly Member
edited January 10 in Main Campaign Discussion
In the Tower this morning, facing opposing teams that contained Solaris, my Shade was unable to possess dead (non Solaris) heroes. I tried 4 different times, in 4 different opposing teams that contained Solaris, and nothing - no invalid target message, nothing.

After Solaris opposer, next team without Solaris, my Shade was able to posess dead opponent hero with no problem.

Can someone please explain why this happened?

I admit I am only partly familiar with Solaris' abilities.

Comments

• They still had their Phoenix feather. It protects against removing the body. This includes Possession. Once the feather expired, you were able to possess.

Don't worry. It's understandable for new players to be confused. Give it a week or two and you'll understand the mechanics. ;)
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    They still had their Phoenix feather. It protects against removing the body. This includes Possession. Once the feather expired, you were able to possess.

Don't worry. It's understandable for new players to be confused. Give it a week or two and you'll understand the mechanics. ;)

Oh crap. "Beasts start the dungeon with Phoenix Feather" he says, reading the traits on the Solaris card. For some reason I thought it had to be conveyed on them somehow. That's what I get for getting my own Solaris late and not using him (her?) much.

Reading turns out to be very useful. Remembering to read traits on heroes even moreso.

Making new beast team just jumped to #1 on todo list.
  • There were so many subtleties to Solaris. GT is interesting but nowhere near as complicated as her.
  • Solaris is probable the most advanced hero. Even once I had her AND used her it took me a while to learn everything.