Boss island dungeons

What are the best teams for each boss island dungeon, especially if I want to get epics
I’m lvl 57 and I have no epics, ask me if I have certain characters and if I have them ascended so you can help me out on choosing the best team. Also let me know which epic to start with or whatever if it’s important, if not never mind

Comments

• My go to team for any boss island dungeon is Shade, [Hero I want to get epic for], goretusk, zomm/solaris. If I am not trying to get the epic for any particular hero, I just use whichever hero looks cool.
  • What are the best teams for each boss island dungeon, especially if I want to get epics
    I’m lvl 57 and I have no epics, ask me if I have certain characters and if I have them ascended so you can help me out on choosing the best team. Also let me know which epic to start with or whatever if it’s important, if not never mind

I'd focus on Shade and Grog for your epics. Those 2 are very useful heroes. I'd say Zomm, but doing more than 1 color epic at a time is daunting because of the # of color-specific resources needed. There really aren't any nature or yellow heroes worth getting an epic for anymore (thanks devs for killing MK), so just run that dungeon with whatever you want for the EXP and totems.

For the others:

Lava Academy - Torchy's epic is great for clearly rooms in PvE. Lupina is better in PvP. Either one is cool. Best team is Kai, Grog, Valkin and Epic Hero. Bring a few energy potions; between Kai's 1st and 3rd abilities, Grog's 1st and 2nd and Valkin's 1st, each should be able to clear 1 room on their own. Use an energy potion on Grog, then Kai. Easiest dungeon; all the enemies are weak to water, and those AOEs are all great.

Frozen Whatever It's Called - Grog's epic, for sure. Take him along, as he's freeze/frostbitten/chilled immune. Shade, GT and Solaris rounds it out. You can run that dungeon on auto (all abilities) with those 4; both Grog and GT are immune to chilled, and Solaris/Shade have ranged attacks, so their chances of being chilled are minimal. I don't think there are many fast enemies either.

Pestilence Spire - This one seems to give folks the most trouble because the enemies disease, and disease is probably the most powerful debuff in the game right now (and most annoying). Since you're going for Shade's epic, he's an automatic inclusion. I've run it with Koros, Grog and Solaris, altenating between Koros and Grog's AOEs with Energey potions, trying not to have either do a Melee attack as long as possible.

You can also do a slow-burn with GT, Solaris, Shade and Grog. Because momentum for GT resets on each room, you get a ridiculous amount of DR; almost impossible to die until the last room, and even then, winning with 1, 2 or 3 stars doesn't matter when getting the epic part (and Solaris makes it kind of hard to not have 3 guys survive).

If you're going for Zomm's epic instead of shade, a full undead (immune to disease) works too. I'm on Team Beast for PvP, so my best runes are there (plus Shade, Koros, Lily, of course), so my strategies lean towards using some combo of Beasts, Shade and Koros (seriously a wonderful hero for PvE; just take him and 3 energy potions through the Savage Woods and it basically doesn't matter who else you bring).

For the Light Dungeon, again, Grog/Koros alternating AOE works wonders. I'd advise using Grogs 2nd ability, Snow Day, first, so you can put Frost Bite on the mini boss in Room 3. A few guys are fire immune, but Koros is still viable. A Snow-Day boosted Frost Breath should 1-shot the entire boss room also.

Again, it depends on where you're at with runes and such. For me, my 2 big hitters (Grog/koros) can 1 shot any room in any dungeon, including the "weak" element ones. I also have mostly Greater/Superior runes on each, and my Grog is fully Epic (worked when he wasn't either). In general, I find attack is better than defense.

My usual strategy is:

Room 1 - AOE (usually Grog's 2nd ability)

Room 2 - AOE (usually Grog's 1st ability)

Room 3 (Mini boss) - Call a Friend, mop up whatever's left with regular attacks from Shade, Grog and Koros

Room 4 - AOE (Koros)

Room 5 - Energy potion - AOE Grog (Snow Day)

Room 6 (Boss) - Grog's AOE Frost Breath (becomes AOE if Grog is under Snow Day Buff), followed by Koros' 2nd ability if need be. Opponent usually never survives.