Time to Brawl in the PVP Training Grounds!

Comments

• I’ll make you a deal, @Joel. If you put on a 24 hour free-rune-unequip, I’ll buy a gem pack. If you ignore this, I’ll ignore the event. I just can’t afford the gold to move runes around with gg coming up. Sure, I could spend real money to get where I want to be, but why would I want to support the blatant, money-grubbing slobs you’ve become? The original two hours didn’t provide enough time to test a single team, let alone my entire roster.
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Very true. Whether we have 146 or 156 Heroic summons on the pile, kinda a moot point.

make up your mind!
    146, or 156?
    big difference
  • You're kidding, right BF? We face the same half-dozen enemies in PvP (out 77 possible choices?) and you want us to bother trying to figure out an all-yellow team that can defeat Solaris four times? It ain't worth the effort.

Think about it: your mechanics and heroes are so screwed up that 90% of a player's rosters aren't even used anymore... but now you want people to dust off options you've rendered obsolete in order to grind their way to 25 tokens?

Furthermore, openly treating your fan base like beta testers is pretty insulting after a while. Your system blows, so you tinker with it on our dime? And then you keep throwing more "offers" at us? No, thanks.

But at least you did stuff like offer special dungeons... as if I needed to add to my 75,000,000 gold or the 999 of each of my xp potions or the evos that just sit around waiting to be squashed... heck even if we had use for the evos we all know that ascending non-essential heroes just makes the game that much more difficult.

[SIGH]

I thought the combat revamp would help. But here we are in 2018 and it's more grind... grind... grind...

Did Level Capped ever actually leave?
  • danacdanac Member
    JackNugget wrote: »

there's 6 of them left last i checked.

as for the rest, you don't wanna know where they went.
  • I'm not sure about you guys, but I am lousy at remembering the class of heroes.. It is not the first time that I thought I have won an ALL WARRIOR PvP, only to realize that King Yorick is not a warrior anymore..

So, is it too much to ask if we get to see the class and race in the heroes selection screen. Anything will do for me.. A new window showing race and class popping up if I put my finger over a hero ? That works..

Since on the topic of heroes selection screen, is it too much to make sure the arrangement or order of the heroes matches the heroes screen ? My Pignius sometimes appear at the top of the heroes selection, and somedays in the middle.. I can't seem to find any logic for the order change. It's not based on most frequent heroes.. Neither is it based on power..
  • @darren sobufix3g8t5.png
    Gt is missing, but he’s fast, armored, beast and tank.
  • WasiWasi Member
    Perhaps once in awhile there may be some quests that aren't a fait accompli... and you have 7 days to work for it, for some decent rewards... and a sense of achievement once complete.. the shock, the horror.

---
    The Potato Army
  • danacdanac Member
    Perhaps once in awhile there may be some quests that aren't a fait accompli... and you have 7 days to work for it, for some decent rewards... and a sense of achievement once complete.. the shock, the horror.

This is certainly true. However, a Shade Goretusk team will effectively eliminate many of those quests as options- just try all healers vs that, for example.

You'll wind up refreshing all your gold away for 10 heroic summons and some tokens, or using your gold to move runes around.
    Unless you happen upon one of those matchmaking streaks where you hit 10-20 3-4 k rp teams.

Speaking as a lvl 70 player, that is.

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited January 12
    (should have reduced gold refreshes for this event)

(should have gone ahead and reduced at least initial ticket buys as this quest was designed with that in mind - or do even more to make more raid tickets available.)

(Public relations message to user base seems to be "we want you to test this stuff, and we won't admit that that's our intention. We want the data and aren't concerned with how it makes you feel as a customer about us or this game. There are plenty of players out there who will fork over plenty of money and we can't please everyone anyway.")

Maybe they're right. Maybe public relations messaging isn't important in a mobile game. Or maybe they're just too understaffed and overworked to see from this side of the device.

I love to test stuff under the right conditions. I wish them well. Time for breakfast.
  • (I should add that after playing this event for a day, on balance, it does reimburse some resources, but its subtle and not obvious. Its to a great extent about "appearance". It -looks- impossible, it -looks- like a lot of resources will be consumed, and it -looks- like it will take a lot of time, which is OK if it didn't appear to cost as much and be as difficult.

Its all in the messaging.)
  • Stupid, annoying event. To start this after releasing Goretusk, after they’ve just made pvp incredibly unbalanced, and asking us to win with all healers, all light etc. is pretty much impossible. I’d also just unequiped a load of runes on heroes I hardly ever use and now they want me to use them... Thing is I would like the Solaris and Aria tokens, but having just lost three all rogue fights in a row I’m not sure it’s worth it.
  • You know what would have been a great compliment to this event? The ability to finally filter my heroes list...
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Would everybody stop doing PvP. This will reduce the load on the server and it will start to give me some easier battles.
  • My easy, medium, and hard choices are all 5500+ teams... it wasn't like this before. Did something change?

Trying to beat an "easy" 5500 rune power GT, Daeris, Solaris, +1 team with all of one class... well I've hit my head against a wall and felt more relief.

• Same here not joking or exaggerating my easy teams have 5400 rune power or more and been that way for 24 hours. Try completing the healer quest against that lol
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @Joel, if the difficulty of the defense teams is used to help distribute the server load, could you adjust the matchmaking algorithm so that the easy teams are not so hard?
  • I'm just spending gold to refresh to find beatable teams for these challenges. I'll hit Legend 1 but not care about my win % lol.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    If you want to shave off time, you can do some type challenges mixed with some class challenges.

For example, all Blue Tanks with IGOROK/Goretusk/Yoko and Stonefist. Or all Red Warriors. Or all Light Healers (really hard to do though).

I find all Dark Casters to be the easiest two-quest-at-a-time challenge.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • If you want to shave off time, you can do some type challenges mixed with some class challenges.

For example, all Blue Tanks with IGOROK/Goretusk/Yoko and Stonefist. Or all Red Warriors. Or all Light Healers (really hard to do though).

True. Thought about blue and tanks, but ended up using GG for one of my blues...w/o him i think clearing blue would be even harder.
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    If you want to shave off time, you can do some type challenges mixed with some class challenges.

True. Thought about blue and tanks, but ended up using GG for one of my blues...w/o him i think clearing blue would be even harder.

For Healers I just used Ember/Solaris/Augustus/Emily since it was the easiest route. Managed to actually find a couple weak teams and get some free wins, but I can imagine how hard it is for the players in Legend III and up...
  • To whoever came up with these quests - What was the point? To annoy the hell out of your players?

You took the one thing I liked about this game and made it painfully bad.

Thank you to the small handful of players who have changed their defense to something silly and unruned so that someone may hopefully find you after pouring millions in refreshes and spend a lot of raids losing in order to complete these quests.

3jcsgcpq3bqn.png

2bbhn8r6pjvj.png
  • @pjworld someone mentioned this in another thread, but this event is basically for them to acquire data to see how balanced or unbalanced the new combat revamp is with PvP. We are just testing it for them.
  • From a Legend league perspective;

Even a half decent (sub 3000+ runed) Solaris/Beast, Shade/Zomm teams- which is pretty much all the defense teams by now. There's no single color/class (maybe dark - 4 more colors to go) team that can beat those. Let alone most teams being 5000+.

It's not even a challenge. This "challenge" shouldn't be based on refreshing until I get a charity team or inactive account with an outdated defense. And then I have to do this 20-30 more times.. (dark and caster teams seemed doable)

All healers... all Green team - 5 times each. lol

The "easy/medium/hard" selection doesn't seem to work as intended. I get teams in the easy/medium option that are just as challenging as the hard option. Just refreshed .. lets see;

Easy (left) team - Shade/SB/Hopper/Solaris (5358 RP)

Medium - Gore/Grog/Leo/Sol (3749)

Hard - Shade/Ponti/Zomm/Astrid (4875)

Also, I've noticed, I beat the easy/medium team - it refreshes with the teams shifting left, renewing the hard option - making it medium, hard, hard as next selection list.

Good luck, this event is a miss - with this current pvp meta anyways.

Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
    MelofSteel wrote: »
    From a Legend league perspective;

Even a half decent (sub 3000+ runed) Solaris/Beast, Shade/Zomm teams- which is pretty much all the defense teams by now. There's no single color/class (maybe dark - 4 more colors to go) team that can beat those. Let alone most teams being 5000+.

It's not even a challenge. This "challenge" shouldn't be based on refreshing until I get a charity team or inactive account with an outdated defense. And then I have to do this 20-30 more times.. (dark and caster teams seemed doable)

The "easy/medium/hard" selection doesn't seem to work as intended. I get teams in the easy/medium option that are just as challenging as the hard option. Just refreshed .. lets see;

Also, I've noticed, I beat the easy/medium team - it refreshes with the teams shifting left, renewing the hard option - making it medium, hard, hard as next selection list.

I agree with this part, at least. I'm only in Champion, so my raids are a lot easier, but I can imagine top players can't easily find teams that can be beaten by all Healers, or all Light heroes, etc. Maybe it should've just been 'attempt', no 'win'.

I also agree they're just gathering data, to which I raise the point: How? It would seem if they could just look at all the raids, find which teams had all fire heroes, all water heroes, all tanks, casters, or rogues... That they could then see what percentage won or lost. But given we have to win the quests, it makes me think they don't have the capacity or power to investigate on that level of detail. They're probably just looking at how many players completed how many of each type of quest. And even that can get skewed results - Because, as I've mentioned, lower-level players will have an easier time doing this. You may see a 75% success rate on the All-Healers Challenge quest, but maybe just 4% of those players were actually Legend III or above.
  • MelofSteel wrote: »
    From a Legend league perspective;

I agree with this part, at least. I'm only in Champion, so my raids are a lot easier, but I can imagine top players can't easily find teams that can be beaten by all Healers, or all Light heroes, etc. Maybe it should've just been 'attempt', no 'win'.

I also agree they're just gathering data, to which I raise the point: How? It would seem if they could just look at all the raids, find which teams had all fire heroes, all water heroes, all tanks, casters, or rogues... That they could then see what percentage won or lost. But given we have to win the quests, it makes me think they don't have the capacity or power to investigate on that level of detail. They're probably just looking at how many players completed how many of each type of quest. And even that can get skewed results - Because, as I've mentioned, lower-level players will have an easier time doing this. You may see a 75% success rate on the All-Healers Challenge quest, but maybe just 4% of those players were actually Legend III or above.

I'm in Legend III atm. It has been a slog completing these "challenges". Even 3500 RP teams can easily wipe the floor against a heavily runed team but with no team synergies. My tanks can be beefy AF, but what good will that be if they are facing a sol/zomm team (most teams) that can just whittle down my health.
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited January 12
    danac wrote: »
    JackNugget wrote: »

there's 6 of them left last i checked.

as for the rest, you don't wanna know where they went.

Im very interested , where did they go?

I do believe Garfield found a new litterbox

Edit: It's nice to see a special events thread getting more than even 2 pages of responses , sucks that it took this event to make it happen though
  • Well, luckily they never ask us to Win 3 stars PvP in this event...
    So, the dev is less mean than they could.. :)
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    Win 5 raids with an ALL healer team?

...wow...

hmmm.....

For high level players, what could we even use?

Ember for buff, Sol for Rez, Bauble for buffs, Full attack rune Nub? lol

That's exactly what I did. I made a Glass Cannon team, aside from Sol, had Ember buff and just went after teams with no Shade, Zomm, Goretusk or Solaris (hahahahahahaha, but seriously, those exist). I made it, and have never been so happy to finish a darn quest. Absolutely brutal. I was getting wrecked by teams that my normal PvP would smoke in round 1.

Warriors is of course the easiest, with Casters 2nd easiest (only because Shade is a Caster and Shade is THE PvP king, plus you get to use Ferno). Tanks would have been tougher if not for Goretusk; between him, Igo and Leo, you're good to go.

Rogues are pretty tough post MK nerf because like healers, they don't have much surviability. I ran SB, Hopper, Torchy and MK, may use EKKO instead of MK going forward. No rez/defense sucks though.

You can make an All Rogue Yellow team with MK, Aria, Ekko and BD, and an all Dark Caster team (Shade, Zomm, Kobal, Ponti). You can actually do an All Red Warrior team with Koros, Squinch, Abigail and Rogar. For the tank squad, you can roll with green - Phemus, Krexx, Phenol and Bramble.

There is a yellow healer team - Zen, Bauble, Emily and Augustus.

Blue tank team: Igo, GT, Stonefist and Williams
  • edited January 12
    I am just glad I was in champion ranks to complete these, sheeesh.

I guess I am glad I cleared a large portion of gold/tickets /sarcasm
  • Pass along my thanks @Joel for the Free Rune Unequip for a few days with this event. Much better than that 2 hour window previously given. :)

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions